|VancouFur guests of honor|
GOH Dinner Cake
2016 was the third year a local non-furry artist was brought on to create a GOH Dinner cake. Mother to one of the staff, and a furry ally, Julie (http://juliesmixedmedia.com/) created a themed cake for 2016.
At time VancouFur 2016 was being held, the hotel was also housing several Syrian family refugees. There was concern that the furry fandom would be a "culture shock" for the Syrians that recently arrived in the country, and attendees (particularly fursuiters) was asked to to be sensitive and careful around them. In the end a great time was held by all, with the Syrian children enjoying the costumes and fursuiters having a good time entertaining them.
- VancouFur 2016 website. Retrieved March 9, 2016.
- Tweet on the VancouFur account on Twitter. Dated April 27, 2015. Retrieved April 28, 2015.
- Tweet on the VancouFur account on Twitter. Dated March 7, 2016. Retrieved March 8, 2016.
- Tweet on Sampson Woof's account on Twitter. Dated March 5, 2016. Retrieved March 8, 2016.
- Syrian refugees greeted with furry culture shock at VancouFur convention in Canada ibtimes article. Dated March 9th, 2016. Retrieved March 15th, 2016.
|This entry about a convention is a stub - can you it?|