The arrest occurred on Wednesday, February 5, and was part of "Operation Glass House," a statewide initiative launched by the office of Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan. Madigan's investigators, with the assistance of the Freeport Police and the Stephenson County State's Attorney's office, conducted a search and arrested Fernandez after evidence of alleged child pornography was discovered.
Fernandez was charged with seven counts of possessing child pornography and three counts of dissemination of child pornography. All counts are Class X felonies and are each punishable by six to 30 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections. He was held in the Stephenson County Jail with a bond of $200,000.
|Hello everyone, Komatose here on his behalf.
It has been well over a month now, and Vamp has asked me to post this journal in his absence. Basically, he is going to be away for a very long time, and he is not sure how long that may be.
He is very sorry for not being able to keep in touch with all of you, but he would like to know if he can be helped by anyone who would like to.
Vamp is asking for donations of any kind, which can be sent to his paypal at vamplustbat[at]yahoo.com. He is going to need the money for pay for expenses and other things that will come along the way for him.
He did not want me to give out the details about what happened to him, but he and I are no longer together and if there is anyone that has been a close friend to him, you may contact me and let me know if you want to try to get in touch with him. Please, this is only for people that have been friends with him and known him for very long, not just a concerned watcher.
Also, people who have waiting commissions for him, send a note to his page here and I can update you on the status.
Thank you all, please keep Vamp in your thoughts and prayers, because he needs them more than ever in these tough times ahead.
This was followed by a posting on Vamplust's Fur Affinity journal by Sonicfox, passing on a message from Vamplust. The message indicated his mailing address was now c/o Stephenson County Jail, and hinted that he expected to be there for "five years".
On May 30, 2014, Vamplust was sentenced in the Stephenson County Circuit Court, receiving 10 years in prison for the multiple child pornography charges.
- Vamplust Blackmore's profile on chaturbate.com (NSFW) Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- Vamplust Blackmore's profile on Twitter. Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- Vamplust Blackmore's Artist Profile on Fur Affinity. Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- "Freeport Man Arrested on Child Pornography Charges" - report on wifr.com. Dated February 6, 2014. Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- "Freeport man faces 10 charges of child pornography" - article on the Freeport Journal Standard. Dated February 6, 2014. Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- "MADIGAN: STEPHENSON COUNTY MAN ARRESTED, CHARGED WITH CHILD PORNOGRAPHY POSSESSION" - article on the website of the Illinois Attorney General. Dated February 6, 2014. Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- "Going to be gone for a long time." - posting on Vamplust Blackmore's journal on SoFurry. Dated March 18, 2014. Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- Screencap of Sonicfox's posting on Vamplust Blackmore's Fur Affinity journal. Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- Screencap posted on Furry Scumbags' account on tumblr. Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- "Freeport man sentenced to 10 years for multiple child pornography charges" - article on JournalStandard.com. Dated May 30, 2014. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- Vamplust Blackmore on Twitter
- Vamplust Blackmore on tumblr (NSFW)
- Vamplust Blackmore on Inkbunny
- Vamplust Blackmore on Fur Affinity
- Vamplust Blackmore on SoFurry
- Vamplust Blackmore on Weasyl
|This stub about a person could be .|