- This is partly a test to see if I've got this editor figured out before I do anything important with it. I notice someone put in an entry for yours truly (in fact that's how I wandered in - I was checking old Other Suns links which led to Nicolai's entry which led to mine) which I may update later; at least I suppose the fact that I was Den Mother of ConFurence for years and am now holding that position in CaliFur is at interesting as anything already there. Also an excuse for putting in a few Ursa Major links inasmuch as I maintain the Recommended List.
- Speaking of which, I got your note suggesting the addition of WikiFur to the Recommended Anthropomorphics list for this year - makes sense, though I'll have to discuss where to put it with the rest of the committee. We're currently counting nominations for this year's Ursa Major ballot.
- --Yealurowluro 00:58, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- Glad you got my note! I wasn't entirely sure if I should suggest it myself, but I figured it's something that's worth reading. :-)
- I updated the entry on myself - am I supposed to remove the "stub" marker or does someone else do that? I daresay there may be more in there later, but I've no idea when.--Yealurowluro 23:32, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
- You're welcome to remove it yourself, if you think that there's nothing more that obviously needs adding.
- The definition of a stub depends in part on your view of how long an article should be (and of course some topics could have more said about them than others). I guess the easiest one is "could I (someone who knows nothing about you) add significantly to the article with a few minute's work on google?" - if so, it's probably still a stub. --GreenReaper(talk) 16:41, 7 April 2006 (PDT)
- Y'know, I just checked Google and found 30,000 entries... mostly related to filk since I've been releasing songs into the wild since the old Fidonet days and they seem to have traveled... I dunno - guess I'll leave it there for now.--Yealurowluro(talk) 17:09, 7 April 2006 (PDT)
- ps. quick question - how the heck do I tell the tilde signature thingie to use the version that gives links to both my page and the talk page? Means little enough HERE, but elsewhere it could, and either entering the whole thing by hand or saving, reediting and entering the appropriate format is plenty danged kludgy. And I can't seem to find this info anywhere in the help section. If it is there please point me at it, if not let me know and I'll add the info myself. --Yealurowluro 00:21, 8 April 2006 (UTC)
Re my WikiFur entry
Just noticed that you had stuck in an unwritten link from the Kay Shapero entry for the Anthropomorphic Literature and Arts Association. I had deliberately NOT put a link there, because the ALAA exists to produce the Recommended List and present the Ursa Major awards, both of which have links right after the reference. So I figured it would be superfluous. What do you think? I could probably write an entry, but it'd only be a couple of lines long and probably wouldn't contain much you can't find out from the other two links. --Yealurowluro
- (I'm not GR, but we never have a shortage of opinions around here! :-) Actually, even the small amount of information you mention would be useful, if only to define the parametes of the organization and to show that it is independent of any other organization out there (when I first saw mention of ALAA, I erroneously conflated it with AAE, which is a different beastie entirely). ----DuncanDaHusky(talk) 00:28, 11 April 2006 (UTC)
- That's basically why I put it in there (also because I rememebered it was linked in Ursa Major Awards). If you really don't think it should have an entry, take it out, but as Duncan mentions, Anthropomorphic Arts and Education seems to do well enough. It's a short page, but it gives a link to the organization, and as it is a separate page it can be put into Category:Organizations which helps us keep a tab on all such organizations. --GreenReaper(talk) 03:19, 11 April 2006 (UTC)
- OK, I'll flange up a short one and see if any of the rest of the group want to add anything.----Yealurowluro(talk) 06:09, 12 April 2006 (UTC)