Xaomeow -- 09:22, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
Hey, how does THIS work?
Quick test to see what happens. Curiousity cats gotta know!
I just received this in email: "The summary of the edit is: 'Article pages should not redirect to User pages'"
I also noticed you have the same kind of page set up as what I had.
The purpose of said page was so that entries in categories would look better. It is far better to do this than to have "User:Blah" appear which is much less aesthetically pleasing.
Why did you delete that page?
-- 18:23, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- On WikiFur, there may be information on a person in two different places. The first place is their User Page (eg User:Xaomeow). User pages can contain whatever a user likes, and can be written in whatever style they find pleasing.
- The second place is their Article, should they or someone else write one. (An article might go at Xao Silverclaws, for example). Unlike a User Page, which can be casually written, Articles have to conform to WikiFur's style guide, which means writing in a formal, enyclopaedic manner.
- It's not considered proper for an Article to simply redirect to a User Page. Thankyou for pointing out someone made an article under my name which pointed to my User Page - this shouldn't be so I have removed the redirect.--Higgs Raccoon 20:36, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- Gotcha! Okay, I looked at the one you created and I'll go by what you have there. I can put the bulk of the content in that article along with category listings and with a link to my userpage should anyone be curious or want to talk via wiki. Hadn't considered that before, thanks! --Xao Silverclaws 21:25, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'm hoping that by posting this here you can see it. I wanted to ask if there were any pages more detailed in WikiFur's do's and don'ts than is in the Furry Style Section. I want to have something to refer to rather than continuing to ask you for things that would be a lot faster to find myself. Oh, as I am a member of Yiffstar, I reinserted that tag. --Xao Silverclaws 06:36, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hmmm, your best bet is to browse some of the existing pages, and you'll eventually get a feel for the style. Also, once you've put some text in Xao Silverclaws it can be refined by other editors if needs be. Oh, and the Yiffstar tag is something provided to go on your User page rather than your Article.--Higgs Raccoon 12:41, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
Favour to ask
I appreciate all the edits and everything but there are some categories to which my article fits. Namely,
Why is it that these categories are not allowed on my article? I am a member of each and, as such, I believe it is appropriate.
- Categories should reflect the content of an Article's text. Hence, you need to add text to the article that would justify them. For example, you would need to add a few sentences describing yourself in the Article as an otherkin, therian, etc. Categories that aren't indicated by an Article's content tend to get removed.--Higgs Raccoon 07:38, 1 June 2009 (UTC)