Hi there, TerrisRaccon, and welcome to WikiFur! Thanks for taking the time to tell us about yourself - let me know if you need any help not already provided. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 07:34, 14 September 2006 (UTC)
Hi, you can use the "Show preview button" while you're editing. That way, not so many revisions appear on Special:Recentchanges. This is just a suggestion; don't think that you have to edit in a way you're not comfortable with. --Rat 07:56, 14 September 2006 (UTC)
Well I had some problems with creating the article of our new Polish Furries forum and website, but I'm good now.
- I will update our Did you know? section on the front page, and include a link to that page, as it is interesting to know about new forums.
- Oh, and a couple of tips - you should not remove a message on a talk page after you have saved it - it should be left on the page so that the person can reply. Otherwise there is no record, and it looks as if there has been no message, which is confusing when the window pops up saying "you have new messages". :-) Also, you can sign your name on Talk: pages with this: ~~~~. It gives this sort of result: --GreenReaper(talk) 08:33, 14 September 2006 (UTC)
Hi, Terris. Responding to your question in chat . . . if you look at the history of the page, you can see the reason given by Sine for putting the cleanup tag on the page about you. It was not that it was not correctly laid out in a technical manner, but the way it was written - the multiple lists seem a little curt and are not really the sort of tone expected for an article.
I would suggest that you try changing the first part so that it doesn't have the long list of vital statistics in it. In fact, you already have the character description below which includes these statistics - why not just move it up to the top and remove the first list altogether? The list of interests seems a little more useful to me, though again it would be possible to expand this into a descriptive paragraph of text, which would allow you to add details about the interests that cannot be presented in the list form.
How about now?
Talk to User: Sine
I hope you are happy destroying other furrs profile pages. You really are great at that. If wikifur's gonna have more admins like you the whole page will die. Thank you.
- I didn't touch your profile page, which is User:TerrisRacoon. What I did edit was TerrisRacoon, which is an article about you. Perhaps you would like to copy an older version of that (you can find those in the history) to your user page? You can have your user page just about exactally as you want, and by custom the only edits done to those are to add or occasionally remove appropriate templates or categories. -- Sine 20:54, 9 October 2006 (UTC)
- I didn't touch your profile page--well, looking at the history, I see I exaggerated on that point. I placed a chunk of text there which I'd removed from the article about you as inappropriate, in order to preserve that text elsewhere than in the history, and just now I re-added the ContributorU template, which is placed on the user page of people who also have an article about them here on WikiFur. -- Sine 03:44, 10 October 2006 (UTC)
- Hi there, Terris. I thought I should comment here . . .
- Please understand that WikiFur isn't a furry myspace - it's for information, and people may disagree about what information is useful or not on any particular article. You don't have to instantly agree with any particular user, of course (whether or not they're an admin) - but people usually have a good reason for their edits.