- 1 Sorry
- 2 Blink Dog article concerns
- 3 Furnal Equinox article concerns
- 4 Sonious article
- 5 Things to be merged
- 6 Proposed corrections
- 7 Happy Thanksgiving...
- 8 Hantsfur committee
- 9 Profile page
- 10 Question
- 11 Daniel Boomhauer
- 12 Thank you for your kind messege
- 13 Deleting things
- 14 User talk pages
- 15 o.<
- 16 iPhone and Wikifur editing
- 17 Personal Exclusion Request - Wolke
- 18 NotFurNet
- 19 Public domain licensing
- 20 Fuzzi.es/NotFurNet
- 21 PE Request
- 22 Convention event infobox
- 23 Yes, I know (Articles in progress)
- 24 Disambiguation pages
Sorry I had to put you and the editors through so much correcting my mistakes on articles I wrote. I read the Furry Book of Style and used some articles as a reference. I also cleaned up a few I contributed. Again, so sorry for the extra work you and the editors had to do! But thanks for the suggestions! VivianFerrox
Hi, Spirou, thanks for your response. I agree that the article I did on blink dogs is probably too long and, yes, not directly related to anthropomorphics. However, it was intended to be a species article (I may have miscategorized it? I tried to put it under Dungeons and Dragons fictitious species.) The article on dingos isn't specifically furry, either, as dingos aren't two-legged until someone draws them that way. I hadn't yet built the related article or subcategory for blink dog species characters (there are three of us! We're the new husky!) particularly since I'm not totally sure I understand how page categorization works. I'm still learning, this was my first article. While I do agree that the article wasn't focused on furries or anthro characters, I'm not sure that consistently applies to species pages, because they're the basis of what an animal persona is built from, and all of them generally read like encyclopedia articles about the species. Let me know what you think, thanks again! Fades
Furnal Equinox article concerns
I wanted to approach you in your role as a WikiFur curator with regards to the edits on Furnal Equinox. First of all, I appreciate that the goal of WikiFur tends towards preservation of the historical fact, and apologize that the proceedings have dragged on as long as we have. My concern is that User:Dan Skunk has a vested interest in the content of the article (this should be VERY clear based upon how much of the article involves him). Most notably, a set of edits that I made, which did nothing to censor content (rather rearrange it), were reverted and dismissed as "censoring criticism". If what I can expect going forward is that any legitimate edits will be vociferously reversed, that isn't acceptable to me. I'm having a sense of "victim, judge, jury and executioner" right now, which can't be good for the wiki ideal. Dan and the staff of Furnal Equinox (including myself) have thus far failed to come to a consensus and I don't see one coming at any time in the near future for reasons that go well beyond the bounds of WikiFur. The article needs some sort of arbitration or other third-party intervention to assess what content is relevant, and how it should be presented. Is there any process that we can work through to accomplish this? Feel free to respond on my talk page. --Scani 21:15, 5 October 2011 (EDT)
- Moved discussion to pertinent page - Spirou 16:31, 7 October 2011 (EDT)
I no longer live in Lakewood, NJ. The Livejournal profile was out of date, I updated the profile and updated the article with the updated information pertaining to it. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) .
- Thanks =) Just making sure, just routine - Spirou 22:45, 13 October 2011 (EDT)
Things to be merged
- Jeez,... Yeah, will add the task to dailies, no prob o-O Better create a new bookmarklet - Spirou 17:59, 14 October 2011 (EDT)
- Going to it,... and, no, I'm not interested in deleting non furry-specific information from WikiFur, please - Spirou 05:59, 24 October 2011 (EDT)
- Err, I didn't mean it like an accusation, sorry... From your words and GreanReaper's I thought it's an unwritten (or obscurely explained) rule... EvilCat 06:19, 24 October 2011 (EDT)
...To all US carbon based forms, and etc, etc,... (full) - Spirou 22:58, 24 November 2011 (EST)
Hi; You edit is not quite clear: It never existed?, It never came to be?, or It came to be and disbanded?. Until a clearer edit is made, the edit will be reverted - Spirou 02:33, 27 December 2011 (EST)
- The committee has never existed. Some of the furs in that list are not even partaking in the fandom any more. Not sure who posted it up but its false information. Please don't restore information you don't know about. The edit I made was perfectly understandable "Removed HantsFur Committee. Doesn't exist.". Thanks. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) .
- "The committee has never existed" Your edit was not clear to begun with, that's why the question and reversal. A more clear explanation on the talk page page of the article will save people from second guessing in the future. No, the edit was "perfectly understandable". I.e. "Doesn't exist"= It was, it ceased to be./"Doesn't exist"= Discussed, it never came to be./"Doesn't exist"= It never existed. But that has been made clear on this post now, so its moot now - Spirou 00:30, 28 December 2011 (EST)
Hello Spirou, I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to contact you because I absolutely prefer e-mail, but if this is the medium for making requests, then I'll play ball. I am KaputOtter and can furnish proof for you if you require it.
I would like to request that the current changes I made to my profile be honored and without rollback. Certain information that was recently rolled back is no longer consistent with my life and I had made my entry more accurate as a result. Please keep my information accurate to my changes. I appreciate it.
- Hello, KaputOtter, you can take or add as much personal information to your article as you wish (with some rare exceptions, see "Sibe"), as long as it follows Wikifur's article formatting. If the information is an update, specially personal, it is normally respected. Be advised that future editors may add some information back because they may not be aware of your wishes, not because of trolling. It can be re-edit out.
- In short, your edit was fine if said info was old or personal, as long it doesn't break format. A point; I would recommend for you to create an account with your "KaputOtter". It will prevent somebody taking over it, and tell us that you are indeed 'KaputOtter" in case of discussions =) Spirou 00:22, 2 January 2012 (EST)
I don't have an issue with anybody. I'm a fan of Simpson's, but you can't act as if no issue exists. There is no malicious intent involved.--KooKooBanana 10:46, 3 January 2012 (EST)
Is there a reason I can't remove inaccurate info from my own page? Or any information, for that matter? --Siridean 06:56, 12 January 2012 (EST)
Thank you for your kind messege
I have recieved your messege, thank you for the information. Do you mind if I clear up SPARK's page a little? It doesn't seem stable. And FNR is a Japanese novel company. Although we don't know where SPARK is from, he joined the group in order to publish his books online. For more information, search Japanese Online Authors. I am not a member of FNR and I am an furry artist. Kind Regards, Hitose, Lucarioz.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Lucarioz (talk • contribs) .
I've been going through Category:Candidates for deletion with a fairly heavy hand lately. Feel feel to join in with whatever level of handidness you feel appropriate. -- Sine 13:30, 7 March 2012 (EST)
- You are not leaving much to work with =) - Spirou 20:31, 7 March 2012 (EST)
User talk pages
I thought that only applied to the user page, while leaving the talk page up for public posts and Curators notices. At least that is how I have seen been done since day one - Spirou 22:35, 13 March 2012 (EDT)
- If it gets to the point of blocking someone, a notice may be appropriate until they are unblocked. If you just need to say something to them, they are entitled to remove your speech once it's heard. It's not meant to be a scarlet letter. --GreenReaper(talk) 22:42, 13 March 2012 (EDT)
- There's further thought on that at Wikipedia. --GreenReaper(talk) 22:48, 13 March 2012 (EDT)
- All right. Better to know that this is the established rule concerning these pages. Thanks - Spirou 22:51, 13 March 2012 (EDT)
Too early to edit - Spirou 10:25, 17 March 2012 (EDT)
iPhone and Wikifur editing
It's a great tool to edit articles on the go, but it's an exercise of frustration y digital dexterity, specially when it comes to hit the "diff" button without hitting the "rollback" one =P - Spirou 13:00, 21 March 2012 (EDT)
Personal Exclusion Request - Wolke
I am requesting personal exclusion from WikiFur, my article here is Wolke. For confirmation of this request please see the text on my Steam profile, which is listed as one of my addresses on my article. Thanks Wolke 04:49, 27 April 2012 (EDT)
I'm fine with citing sources... but how do i do that when they claim to be "friendly", but then harass you when you ask for help or talk with them? do if you want personal logs, i can email them to ya :P RingtailedFox 18:11, 18 May 2012 (EDT)
- Source links and screenshots are better. Email logs are iffy as reference source - Spirou 18:13, 18 May 2012 (EDT)
- I see... well, I don't have any screenshots, as they banned me for standing up for myself after fae and keyla began trolling me, before I could make any. they don't like being told to stop. As for links? they don't outright SAY they are for trolling... it's a case of disguising their true intentions... say one thing and then do the opposite. RingtailedFox 18:21, 18 May 2012 (EDT)
Public domain licensing
Hi Spirou, The template PDImage isn't specific enough; see Template talk:PDImage. If you could add more specific licensing information to the file description pages. Thanks. -- Sine 17:12, 26 July 2012 (EDT)
- Aye. Done - Spirou 21:13, 26 July 2012 (EDT)
Sorry that this ridiculous rubbish has spilt over onto WikiFur; and thank-you for the work you're putting in to catch the constant re-edits and reverts.
Hey, I apologize for the incorrect chain of events there. I even read through all of the help page but I must have glazed over this part. My reason for the PE request: Even with the removal of certain text, this profile page still appears second on Google results. It had basically no information, so I'd like to just shut it down for good. Page in question: http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Radix . Thanks for your attention!
PS: Got logged out somehow, I'll tag it with my name with this edit.
Convention event infobox
Yes, I know (Articles in progress)
Updating/creating Rabbit, Bunny, Kitsune, Fox, and Vixen. I got them. Not bad enough to ask for help yet, just RL time/work constrains (would have got them out of the way by now) - Spirou 22:40, 2 October 2012 (EDT)
- Umm . . . you seem to be using "Kitsune (species)" in all your edit summaries when you're actually replacing it with "Kitsune (mythology)". --GreenReaper(talk) 03:25, 3 October 2012 (EDT)
- duh - Spirou 03:28, 3 October 2012 (EDT)
I think we need to have the conversation currently at Talk:Fox now, rather than later. (In fact, it should probably have happened a couple of weeks ago, but I've been busy . . .) --GreenReaper(talk) 10:08, 14 October 2012 (EDT)