- 1 Requesting exclusion
- 2 The ultimate response
- 3 IP 22.214.171.124
- 4 Revert on Fox
- 5 Dimorious article
- 6 For the LULZ
- 7 Rocky covers
- 8 Claybear
- 9 merge Laya Eateric?
- 10 delete my wiki page...
- 11 Self-reflection missing
- 12 Hi, wanted to get a few answers about this....
- 13 File:Tail_(animal).jpg, File:Tail_(furry).jpg
- 14 Vandal IPs
- 15 Cold-blooded
- 16 Since you deleted Furs Against the New World Order...
- 17 Problem with deletion
- 18 Personal exclusion
Hi, this is Naota. It came to my attention a bit ago that there was apperantly a page about me made some time ago without my knowledge, and I'd rather it be taken down if at all possible. I find it a tad creepy, not to mention I no longer write these days. If you could please exclude me, I'd greatly appreciate it.
- If you truly wish to have your article excluded, this link will give all the information necesary to accomplish this =) - Spirou 23:56, 19 May 2011 (EDT)
- Umm, I just did. :/ I contacted you, a curator, requesting exclusion. I don't know what else you expect me to do. If you need proof I am, in fact me, I left a message requesting the exclusion on the profile of my actual FA page, furaffinity.net/user/naota. You'll know it when you see it.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) .
The ultimate response
SOMEONE PUT MY NAME ON THE IP (188.8.131.52) ADDRESS AND I WANT IT TAKEN OFF!!! I'M TALKING TO YOU ABOUT THIS BECAUSE I THINK YOU DID IT. -KentuckyFriedGunman
- One last time,... No, I'm not versed on the procedure to reverse it, or or the procedure to add/connect a person's name to an IP other than their own. If that were the case, there was/were many other people that have passed through Wikifur that I would have deserved that procedure much more than you, had I been inclined to do so, and I knew how. In other words, there's no reason why, if I could, I would target you since Wikifur's conception almost 13.000 articles ago.
- You have been just a blip on the history of this Wiki, and frankly, an harassing presence on my page that it is moving to an harrasing behavior at this point. This is a hobby for me, not like your full time job video complaining job from your part, So, No, I didn't do it, contact IP 184.108.40.206 for the source of your troubles,... I will leave it up to him to see if he wishes to handle your request. - Spirou 02:07, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
Could you please take off, disconnect, disengage, pull away, pull away from user KentuckyFriedGunman his name. It would give us a lot of relief on this matter, and a cut-down on the Paxil shakes. Thanks - Spirou 02:29, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
- I'm puzzled, what *is* the actual problem? Is he complaining because he made an edit from IP 220.127.116.11 and WikiFur dutifully recorded that address, as it does with all edits from all people not logged into an account?--Higgs Raccoon 18:43, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
- No, he is complaining that somehow, from my Graphics Macintosh, I somehow locked, connected, binded his name (KentuckyFriedGunman) to the IP 18.104.22.168 =P - Spirou 19:04, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
- Wait, so all the KentuckyFriedGunman names during the latest Wolfee talk fiasco were indeed tied to 22.214.171.124?,... so why this charade of accusations if it was him? - Spirou 19:04, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
- The problem, is that the IP address I'm not at has my name. Somebody attached my name on that IP address. The reason why is that it is the public IP address for a Hotel. -KentuckyFriedGunman
So, name spoofing,... If correct, they didn't attach it here, they just already had that IP at the hotel, and just signed with your name when he joined the Wolfee fray, willing to give you a black eye on the matter. That is why I was pointing out that I couldn't have done/had the reason to. I just do this for a hobby/historical purpose, and sometimes I (and other Admins) get caught in the middle of minefields. If it's any consolation, I got my account hacked here due to the Wolfee matter too.
We just try to run a Wiki here, not to mess with people's names or accounts, I hope you understand - Spirou 00:05, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you for taking it down. However, It seems someone put it back up again. -KentuckyFriedGunman
Revert on Fox
- Actually, it's a disambiguation page, it shouldn't concentrate on just the species, but everything that has Fox in it, even if it were "Fox Crackers",... The redirect you added (Foxes) is actually a good idea, but the edit that was there was too fox egocentric, the flow was all wrong too, and the category:fox characters just didn't show up. More of everybody than just Vulpes Vulpes - Spirou 01:57, 21 April 2010 (UTC)
- Well, I don't see why it's egocentric since it's not about any particular fox. Most people would be looking for the species anyway, it only makes sense to put it at the top. And I forgot the colon before Category:Fox characters... I make mistakes.
- Naively speaking from the inbound internal links, most of them was meant to link to Fox (animal) which was once at Fox, and it may be best to move the page to Fox (disambiguation) and move Fox (animal) back. However a look at pageview data shows that while most people indeed were looking for the animal, quite a few people ended up at Star Fox (~20%). --Kakurady 23:34, 22 April 2010 (UTC)
- As for Foxes, it used to point to Fox, I'm just repointing that. --Kakurady 23:35, 22 April 2010 (UTC)
I don't understand why you reverted the new version of that article. The original version contained grammar errors, spelling mistakes and involved drama-related topics about fighting against trolls. --FurryJesus 03:27, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
- An explanation has been left on your talk page; in short: private pages that are not articles only editable by its user - Spirou 03:30, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
For the LULZ
- Sounds like an idea. Haven't worked the articles to redirect/start the article. Will add a redirect right know - Spirou 02:08, 25 September 2010 (UTC)
- By the way: at Talk:Lollercoasting you thought you might merge article with proposed "For the LULZ" article. But when you deleted Lollercoasting you said topic covered by Troll article. --EarthFurst 22:31, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
Remove File:Rocky.png from Wikifur gallery (covers) and delete that png as variation on File:Rocky_The_Big_Payback.jpg? The jpg is used in Rocky (comics) article. --EarthFurst 07:45, 21 August 2010 (UTC)
- I just realized the png is a French cover and the jpg is of an English cover. --EarthFurst 20:19, 21 August 2010 (UTC)
- No prob, will take care of it - Spirou 02:09, 25 September 2010 (UTC)
Regarding recent edits to Claybear, did you give User:126.96.36.199 a dv warning that should have gone to User:188.8.131.52? I ask because, although the latter's edits were clear vandalism, the former's were borderline nonsense edits as well. --mwalimu 13:13, 13 October 2010 (UTC)
- Oops sry-Spirou 03:23, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
merge Laya Eateric?
- ? Sorry, is that a suggestion or question?. Merge fursona with main user character? - Spirou 03:42, 22 November 2010 (UTC)
delete my wiki page...
Yea, delete my wiki page as said above.
A bunch of slanderous bullshit that my ex GF caused And I'd rather not be put into this. I left the fandom nearly 2vyears ago because of stupid shit like this.
So if you could, delete my page cause slanderous scewed information is a great Way to have the bylaw againts furwiki.
JaxHusky Jaxhusky Studio's Vancouver,BC
PS maybe your people should do some research before slandering pages.
- Whilst I'm not an admin, I thought it might be worth noting that articles regarding art thieves or others users banned from furry communities are a topic of interest and thier request to be removed are likely to be denied. Your version of events significantly deviates from that of Fur Affinity administrators and it is likely that it does so to protect your image and its not a true representation. Information that is believed to be true is exempt from slander / libel laws. Leon Hunter 10:10, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
- Regarding the JaxHusky article, If you are the person the article is about and wish to be excluded from WikiFur, you can request personal exclusion via email. Note that to remove incorrect or private info, you don't need to request personal exclusion; see alternatives - Spirou 17:29, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
Are you really hunting for "vandals" when this whole wiki is totally biased and extremely POV? There's hardly anything about the fetish/perverted/mentally ill-side of things, but only "Yay, we pretend to be animals and fuck each other, cooool!", so I suggest you start reworking the articles in this wiki instead of reverting an accurate description of a photo to nothing...184.108.40.206 22:36, 30 January 2011 (UTC)
Hi, wanted to get a few answers about this....
Hi, the reason why I have left this message on your page is because you seem to be the one responsible for the addition of my "Cold-blooded" page to the "Candidates for Deletion" page.
Your reasoning is it's too mainstream. While yes, it is mainstream, it also may be something others would enjoy reading. Think of it this way: A member of the site gets bored, scrolls through the pages and notices it, and decides to do some casual reading. They could learn something. While interpretations often run amok, from what I've seen, this site is just as much for Furries as it is about them. It's okay to add some mainstream, because the more we isolate, the less people reveal themselves to the fandom. The very name Wiki Fur says much. Wiki is where we put our information, and help spread it. Fur is who we are and who this site represents, but at the same time we must educate ourselves. It is better we add some mainstream, not only for educational purposes, but to show the public we do not have one-track minds. This site is dedicated to furries, but also must teach them. I know my article is small, and you may think it does not warrant a response like this, but my response is more fundamental than "Oh hey, put my article back now". If you tell me how to "Clean it up", I will happily work on it. But deleting it just because it's tandem knowledge is wrong. I hope we can resolve this, have a good one, Perservere 18:31, 3 February 2011 (UTC)
- No, it's not wrong. WikiFur is not a copy of Wikipedia. Here's why:
- The information, and much more, is already on Wikipedia. If people want to learn about the topic of cold-blooded animals, they are far better served by going there.
- The wordwide community is better-served by improvements being made to the Wikipedia article, as it is the one everyone else will read.
- The time of WikiFur editors is better used creating and maintaining articles within our sphere of knowledge that people are going to want to read.
- In general we only give full treatment to a topic which has a Wikipedia article if WikiFur can contain significant amounts of information which is inappropriate for Wikipedia (say, because it cannot be adequately referenced - often the case for furry topics). We only maintain articles in tandem at all when there is clearly some furry-specific content, and said articles should only contain that content plus a brief summary in the lede. An example (though far from perfect) is Fox (species).
- Lacking such content, the page should be deleted and links should be changed to point to Wikipedia (e.g. [[Wikipedia:Cold-blooded|cold-blooded]]). If you care about that topic, you should make edits to that article. --GreenReaper(talk)
- There were from a flash enabled website, that didn't allowed saving. If there is a photo version, I didn’t find it before I came across the Flash version ones Spirou 05:50, 24 March 2011 (UTC)
- Ok - Spirou 22:17, 29 April 2011 (EDT)
Could you, please, restore this article? I planned to expand or, rather, to rewrite most of it with information from role-playing games and novels. "Cold-bloodedness" is a notable feature of many reptile and amphibian races, often a plot device. I just didn't have time to expand the article because I had a vacation last month. EvilCat 06:40, 4 May 2011 (EDT)
Thank you. I will hurry and expand it this week. EvilCat 05:57, 5 May 2011 (EDT)
Since you deleted Furs Against the New World Order...
- Or, you could, you know, not only not respond to my message, but also not do as I requested, that works too. Equivamp 19:24, 21 May 2011 (EDT)
- Done - Spirou 23:33, 21 May 2011 (EDT)
Problem with deletion
I'm having a problem deleting the items on the F section of (http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Category:Candidates_for_deletion). Any suggestions, please? - Spirou 02:30, 4 May 2011 (EDT)
- Could you be more specific? The one which is there now should be there because Template:Inappropriate is on it. There was another which had the category tag in the text; I changed it in a link to the category. --GreenReaper(talk) 22:06, 4 May 2011 (EDT)
Hi, this is Naota and I'd like to request a personal exclusion of my page from the site, as I wasn't even aware there was one till very recently and would prefer not to have one. Someone just posting information about me without my knowledge is just...creepy.
Thank you very much.
Hi, this is Naota and I'd like to request a personal exclusion of my page from the site, as I wasn't even aware there was one till very recently and would prefer not to have one. Someone just posting information about me without my knowledge is just...creepy. Thank you very much.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) .