- 1 Wikifur works with Google Glass!
- 2 Replacing multiple instances of one phrase with another
- 3 Unsure about "Cleanup"
- 4 Smirre
- 5 About my article
- 6 Five digits
- 7 Could->May and minus Bolding in Disambiguation pages edits (June 2013)
- 8 Lockdown
- 9 Question about wikify tag
- 10 Splitting and merging
- 11 well i tried
- 12 Question
- 13 Summary should convey reasoning behind edit
- 14 Valkerie => Trillian
- 15 The above message was left by me...
- 16 Please blank my page
- 17 Cytag
- 18 DarkXander
- 19 Heads up
- 20 Page removal
- 21 Speedy Deletion rejection
- 22 Valkerie > Trillian
- 23 Personal Exclusion
- 24 Oh Gosh!
- 25 Thanks for Wikifying my page!
- 26 Recreational drug use in furry fandom
- 27 Page removal or cleanup
- 28 Likeicare
- 29 Please remove my page
- 30 hey
- 31 RE: Logos, other comic media
- 32 Re: Infobox species
- 33 Lightpaws
- 34 That vandalism warning you gave me
- 35 Personal Exclusion Request
- 36 Big cat
- 37 Recent user spam
- 38 2fast4u123
- 39 Maxwell Rodgers
- 40 I understand now.
- 41 Deletion of redirect pages
- 42 thanks for edits to education article
- 43 comic infobox question
- 44 Recent Draco Lockhard change
- 45 Chip 'n Dale
- 46 Re: Article "Almost" Deletion
- 47 DM request
- 48 No true Scotsman fallacies
- 49 Talk:Christian Furs United
- 50 "Wikify"
Wikifur works with Google Glass!
Well, kinda... Pair on test loan from a friend who is a Glassware developer, working on a project that will integrate the glasses net "Search" function with a Wiki Fandom DB search app (Wikifur, Fanlore, TARDIS.wikia, Wookieepedia, etc,...).
Getting pass the Dorkage factor of having to slightly look up and say "Okay, Glass" every bloody time you wish to query, it works. =) "Okay, Glass, Wikifur, Califur" does bring up a (somewhat still on beta display territory) result card (a screenshot should go here, but the API still bugged), with very basic (emphasis "basic") information displayed. Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures comes up nice (Logo on upper right, good), but querying Furry Weekend Atlanta brings up Fur Affinity: United and vice versa, Fur Affinity brings up FurFright, Furmeet brings FurMagic... (see the pattern yet?).
There will be a (future) option of taking a picture, and upload it to the pertinent Wiki's article (a test shot of some Fursuiter friends attending Califur to his test wiki's fursuit article worked, #@$#! license input needs work "GNU!, gNu, Ganu?, genooo,..."). Cool device, too ^.^
Replacing multiple instances of one phrase with another
- Actually doing so. There were 800+ pages needed to be changed, so I checked the Special pages directories for the option. But if I didn't knew about, I would have been an appreciated tip. Thanks =) - Spirou 13:20, 4 June 2013 (EDT)
Unsure about "Cleanup"
Yeah, I'm not to sure what is wrong with my page, i know I don't have too many sources, but all this is coming from me and my mind, how can i even source that? -Cole Cherno
- A little bit fractured, for one. You have your biography segmented and mixed with your fandom history. Bring your real life Biography up first, then your Fandom involvement next (which includes your Fursona), followed by your skills, as a suggested start. There is times when too much media (images) will encroach on the article (you have to decide how much is truly needed to illustrated/inform graphically your article). And as always, the Furry Book of Style is your friend for formatting solutions - Spirou 02:40, 9 June 2013 (EDT)
Could you help me out a little? I know the text was somewhat subjective, but I was hoping someone could fix it (rather than deleting the whole thing). Also, I apparently forgot to check all links while not logged in, which ones were members only?
Regarding the references, how should one handle references in languages other than English? Maybe add a translation? Excluding all non-English sources does not seem like the best of solutions.
220.127.116.11 05:25, 13 June 2013 (EDT)
- Oops, sorry. Looks like some cache somewhere is acting up; it looked like you had reverted my edit. Anyway, do you have any tips for when there are only non-english references?
- 18.104.22.168 17:07, 13 June 2013 (EDT)
- Sorry to get back late back to you (RL), but it seems that somebody has already filled in the reference vacancies, including the members-only one (which was/is the very first one on the article). As for the translation of reference links, Google has a built-in translator, Safari offers Extensions, and Firefox Plug-ins, so it is not (almost) an issue. The screenshots (were the use of them as valid reference is still being debated here) were a total beast altogether, as there is no way to translate an image.
- No, the NPOV issue is that it still reads as "an opinion" more than "a fact", and it goes a long way in the article (more than one third) to simply point out that he has social issues with people in a single furry site: Example: Why would an admin's (Ricadonna) dislike with this individual prior to joining Sveafur be listed as an "issue" on Smirre's article? (he has no control what other people think of him). The two imaginary friends... Why bring it up?. As long it did not impact a Sveafur directly (financially, emotionally, physically), a personal quirk is not really historical data. The subjects that people found "irritating"": Unless, again, it involved somebody personally, why parade the particular subjects out? (reference links are normally enough to highlight the issue).
- Deaths threats. Now this should be noted, specially if done "On numerous occasions" on the site against (presumably more than one) Swedish fur. But there is only one listed instance, and "what would legally be regarded as threatening to kill people" is an opinion based loaded phrase... And so on and on. Just an FYI on this point - Spirou 00:23, 14 June 2013 (EDT)
- Trying to paint a "complete" picture, and doing so without being too biased. Hard work, thanks for your input.
- There are things that I don't think could be fitted into the article while keeping a neutral point of view. For instance he has posted papers from the Swedish social services saying he has problems with, among lots of other things, paranoia. When he changed his mind and wanted to un-post them he said that "Anonymous" had hacked his computer and posted them, and later confessed that he had done it.
- Now, as I said, I want to make the whole picture clear, and his paranoia and needing 24/7 assistance are surely some key elements describing a part of his personality. The only sources for this are the aforementioned papers, which are only available as images, in Swedish, which is another reason why it can't be included.
- As to why I've written about SveaFur in particular, it is for a number of reasons. He has been there for a long time and stirred up a lot of feelings, they had to ban him as a measure to keep the forums alive, and that's where most sources are. Of course he has been at other communities as well. I will se if I can find someone who knows more of his activities elsewhere.
- 22.214.171.124 03:56, 14 June 2013 (EDT)
About my article
I get that people here edit articles about others, but I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop adding that old information in my article and leave it be. I no longer want that information in my article and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop getting rid of the edits I wrote on MY article. Thanks. -Vivian Ferrox
- 10020 edits?. 7 years, 10 months, and 6 days (or an average of approximately 3.4949 edits/day)... Yeesh, is it been that long, and that many already? 0.o Thanks all the same =) - Spirou 06:09, 24 June 2013 (EDT)
Could->May and minus Bolding in Disambiguation pages edits (June 2013)
The edits in process are being done automatically, as per prior discussions regarding these format changes on disambiguation pages. These changes have been done by hand slowly (still are) for the lasts few weeks, but I'm turbo-editing through, so this is just an FYI so it doesn't surprise anyone.
New to the format of these pages is alphabetization (it seems), and the addiction of sections (prior discussions), which will be done by hand (no way to automate these tasks). Again, just a heads-up on what's going on - Spirou 04:04, 25 June 2013 (EDT)
- As per reference, most of these proposals/discussions occurred on the Fox disambiguation's talk page - Spirou 04:18, 25 June 2013 (EDT)
Hmm, actually I did. I made double sure since you also locked down the last PE article I made, thinking too I had done so. I wonder why it is not sticking when I press save. But Thanks anyways - Spirou 21:06, 5 July 2013 (EDT)
- Well, if you locked down (protected) the Haruki Talos article, it didn't show up in the protection log.--Higgs Raccoon 22:12, 5 July 2013 (EDT)
- I saw. I selected Colleagues Only, Indefinite, etc, etc,... +Save. But that's twice that it didn't take. No biggie, will make triple sure next time, or could be Safari not playing nice again =/ - Spirou 00:09, 6 July 2013 (EDT)
Question about wikify tag
I see you edited my page again, I tried to fix as much as I could the last time, but I just have a question for you. what does "references need to formatted properly" mean? -Cole Cherno 11:38am EST 7/15/13
- Check your talk page whenever you can for a comment on formatting reference links like so far - Spirou 17:54, 18 July 2013 (EDT)
Splitting and merging
You're doing great merging and deleting while I'm excitedly looking at things to split in hopes of hitting a round number of articles today in birthday celebration: File talk:WikiFurCake.png. Amusing! -- Sine 17:40, 24 July 2013 (EDT)
well i tried
and i fucked up... i honestly have no freaking clue why you have the tag and what i have to do so thanks for adding me to your queue.... Cole Cherno 9:55 EST July 27, 2013
Ok, I think I understand how to get the wikify tag off my page, i gotta remove most of the external links and turn them in sources, but give them names so that they don't all become duplicate links like the last time. Am I correct? Clarify when I do the edits tomorrow morning -User:MilitaryAviator 9:52PM EST 8/15/2013
Summary should convey reasoning behind edit
Hey Spirou. I noticed in this edit, you just gave "revert" as an edit summary. While useful to know, we can already see that from the diff. What we can't get from that is an understanding of why you reverted it. Something like like "revert because ..." (or a pointer to an explanation on the discussion page) would have been helpful. Otherwise, there's really no reason for the original editor not to "revert" back! :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 19:18, 6 September 2013 (EDT)
- I had put down the reason why, put the iPad's IOS 6 "autocomplete" just puts in the first "remembered" "Revert" in memory. I noticed the change just after I hit "Save page". I was going to correct/add lengthier Why to the Revert on the user's talk page (he/she seems to be fixated in that particular section no matter how many times is edited ["Revert. Verne is not a deuteragonist, nor is Hammy a tritagonist), neither in the film or the,...etc]), but I had to take off to drop off some job files (just came back, now explaining the terse "Revert").
- Hopefully this bug... feature will be fixed on Monday with IOS 7 (no, not really, is caked in the OS). - Spirou 22:08, 6 September 2013 (EDT)
- Without a mouse?. A pain; you can, but you have to tap on the section or word juuust right; not above, not below, not one character left/right, not the whole article, or it just simply refuses to highlight it (try to insert a paragraph without arrow keys and your big finger covering the area you are trying to edit). And those small buttons don't make it easy to work with articles (on my iPhone is an exercise of dexterity and utter frustration. Not much on Android that I'm a fan off, but able to change the keyboard size in most of their devices, built and app, is something IOS truly needs). - Spirou 23:11, 6 September 2013 (EDT)
Valkerie => Trillian
Instead of generating a name for Valkerie go ahead and place it under Trillian Vera. Thankies.
The above message was left by me...
See... --Valkerie 03:14, 8 September 2013 (EDT)
Please blank my page
Please blank the page Nauta. I no longer wish to be featured on the site.
Please remove the edit history as well if you can. Thank you.
First of all I would like to thank you for your free time and devotion in updating this article. Unfortunately before I will continue your most excellent work that did not need any talk page justification, I will have to ask a few questions:
Which part of 'forum went offline' is not clear to you. The term offline is a general term used for quite a while to indicate a server, page or in this case, forum, is no longer available. Maybe there is a page I can link to? In case extra explanation is needed for those lesser known with these complicated terms.
You ask for citations and sources, linked in other sections of the article. Some even in the previous sentence. I understand not everybody has the time to read the entire article, or sometimes it is simply difficult to use big words. I will try my best to lower the bar a little, avoiding difficult terms to make your life a bit easier. After all, we are all people who are trying to make this fine website a better place.
I understand your request for additional sources, unfortunately many of the elements present in this article concern internal processes of a youth center that closed a while ago. I can list additional furry websites, but I am not sure if they will remain there, for these is no definitive source for you other than my own. If you please, I can make a history section on my own page (dutchfurs.com) on your request.
If these matters are resolved, I have a small wealth of information in my personal archives, including pictures and scanned articles but unfortunately they lack the external sources you require, perhaps after your permission I can enrich the article properly and perfect it to your impeccable standards.
- Thank you for your response. A) If you get to the point you're trying to make, please give us a heads up, B) tone down on the condescending sarcasm, it's a little thick in the middle, C) a good morning to you too, and D) 42 - Spirou 14:01, 10 November 2013 (EST)
- Fortunately Greenreaper was so kind to help me with the issues at hand. Thank you kindly for your helpful response and constructive feedback.
- Anytime. ^.^ - Spirou 15:17, 10 November 2013 (EST)
No it is not the same Foxxer, also, you can reach me at for following Contacts, Skype = masterxbkc kik = dark.xander text = 6026163487
Just like to let you, or whoever, know that I'll be currently updating my info on the page that was edit over this month. So please. no great big edits on it other then what's needed to meet the site's standard.
If anything needs to be fixed like example the Bio info. Please let me know. Thx. Thanks for any official adjustments. Gamerd 23:42, 12 December 2013 (EST)
Hello, I did (I thought) follow that linked page's advice and e-mailed you a request for personal exclusion for the article on Mocha_Mephooki. Is there someone specifically that I need to contact about this, instead? ~ Mocha
- Just received, will go ahead with your request. Thank you for taking the time to confirm it. -Spirou 22:32, 29 December 2013 (EST)
Speedy Deletion rejection
Hello, I'm the original author for the Freakman entry at es.wikifur. The original article was deleted due to lack of notability and irrlevance to the Colombian fandom (it can't even be determined if the subject is Colombian). The entry at en.wikifur was just translated from es.wikifur, dead links and all. I know notability is not an important issue at WikiFur, but this entry has unverifiable information and lacks the necessary information in order to provide correct information regarding the Colombian fandom and to even exist in WikiFur in my opinion.126.96.36.199 00:52, 31 December 2013 (EST)
Valkerie > Trillian
Copy. In that case let's go ahead and place this all under Valkerie. If Valkerie is unavailable then "Valkerie Asura" or Valkerie Leonette" is acceptable. Asura is more preffered if the mononym is unavailable. Thankies! --Valkerie 07:38, 7 January 2014 (EST)
Hello, I am requesting the removal of the page for Colby (I am him).
I recently changed my fursona name to avoid using my real name on this site. However, someone keeps putting it back onto the article, which is a confidentiality breach. So I wish for the entire page to be removed, please. With no references left to names.
Was just patrolling recent changes (like any good editor would) when I noticed these particular revisions. It seems this user has committed the highly treasonous crime of removing messages from his own talk page again! You better run along and go do something about it, thank me later for bringing it to your attention. :3 Leon Hunter 12:13, 14 January 2014 (EST)
- Any user may and can modify, delete or add any and all manner of information on his/her/their talk pages (up to a certain point [e.g. hate speech]). Now, a user cannot alter, modify, or correct anybody's personal posts in any discussion in any talk page. That's rude, impolite, and not tolerated of any "good editor".
- Please abstain in the future on taken the not given role of Grammar Geheime Staatspolizei. - Spirou 13:33, 14 January 2014 (EST)
Thanks for Wikifying my page!
I was hoping that a professional curator would see my page and edit it to standard, and I can't thank you enough for doing so. Cool name BTW! Also, DJ Blondfox is the correct spelling without the Umlaut over the O. It is the new standard for spelling my stage-name as it transfers better across platforms and is more easily searchable. Thanks for your time, and have an awesome day you awesome person! --Richard Lindsey 14:32, 19 January 2014 (EST)
- No problem. I did add the spelling version of the name back in, in case a user searches for you using that written format. - Spirou 18:50, 19 January 2014 (EST)
Thanks for the post-edit! I was just browsing RecentChanges and saw some work to do. However, you restored text I had deleted from the Intro: "often in the belief that occasional use of such a substance is not habit-forming or addictive." I don't doubt that the text came from somewhere; but to elaborate on my Change Summary of 1:47 UTC, individual users may believe that or may not, and another possibility is that they might not care if it is addictive, even if we can exclude the case where "addictive" simply means pleasant enough to want to continue doing. And nothing definitive can be written about it; more to the point, the body of the article doesn't even try to. That is why I took it out. Cheers! SPIKE 22:33, 25 January 2014 (EST)
Page removal or cleanup
Instead of continuous undoing sprees of the page ArcanaTigris which was intentionally created to denigrate me, I'd like to request to remove the page or clean it up. Because I don't like my name featured in such negative way. I hope we can settle a way to solve this manner.
- Thanks. Can I put back my minor corrections? I just clicked random page and looked over everything. While I edit elsewhere, I am unfamiliar with WikiFur's rules, so just starting simple and going from there. Interstellar Shipping & Trading Co. 09:51, 15 March 2014 (EDT)
- The pages in question have been corrected/edited further already (too much redundancy to start with). Any others articles are open for further edit. - Spirou 10:02, 15 March 2014 (EDT)
- That's fine. For the most part I am watching and figuring out what the rules are. Maybe I'll avoid pages related to individuals and focus on proofreading things of a broader interest. Interstellar Shipping & Trading Co. 10:04, 15 March 2014 (EDT)
when you unbanned me you broke it and i now no longer have an 'edit' button :( --LikeicarefromED 10:28, 15 March 2014 (EDT)
fixed --Likeicare 11:33, 15 March 2014 (EDT)
Please remove my page
Hi, I am ValerieValerah, the creator of the page Maneki Ninetails and owner of its intellectual content. I would like to have my page blanked and completely removed from WikiFur site. I could not figure out how to email you directly, but if I need to do that please respond to this note with the email address and I will do so. Thank you. - —The preceding unsigned comment was added by ValerieValerah (talk • contribs) .
- I sent a Fur Affinity note to your FA account regarding this issue. Please respond at your most convenient time. - Spirou 19:35, 15 March 2014 (EDT)
- Just doing the Saturday evening seafood coast run (probably [hopefully] some Thai this time), and, no, didn't see.(*) You?. =) - Spirou 20:31, 15 March 2014 (EDT)
- (*) (sorry, last time somebody here was invited to check out a link to ED, their browser spawned a never-ending plethora of "Mr. Happys" all over her screen. Not something I could explain to the friends milling around right now in a proper context.) =P
- you have a rather strange way of typing --Likeicare 20:40, 15 March 2014 (EDT)
- Really?. Hmm, oh well... So, no plans?. - Spirou 20:46, 15 March 2014 (EDT)
just being the king of the internet, normal shit --Likeicare 20:56, 15 March 2014 (EDT)
- Right on. - Spirou 21:04, 15 March 2014 (EDT)
RE: Logos, other comic media
Thanks, I appreciate that. Hopefully we'll feature a new comic every couple weeks since there are so many articles about them. Interstellar Shipping & Trading Co. 04:46, 25 March 2014 (EDT)
- Could you add me to proxyexempt so I don't to keep reconnecting to my VPN when editing? Thanks. Interstellar Shipping & Trading Co. 02:02, 26 March 2014 (EDT)
Re: Infobox species
Apologies for that typo; I'm not quite sure how I missed it.
as for ' ...If we are using them now, it needs to be separated in wording ("Physic abilities"?) from "Fictional species"...', what do you mean (your comment on the cleanup you did for Fox, the page I added the species infobox to)? --WulfyWulfyWulf 21:31, 1 April 2014 (EDT)
- The species template (should) cover real life biological species (foxes, dogs, rabbits), and it's relation to the furry fandom. Items like sentience, realm, fur/scales, mode of movement, flight, psychic abilities, etc... should be added/listed to a Infobox fictional species template (see Bambioids). I'm starting the fictional species template and rewording the normal species one. You can make sure I got the syntax/wording right after completion. - Spirou 21:45, 1 April 2014 (EDT)
- As per syntax/wording, I'm confident you can handle that; however, I will look over it, sure. Sorry, I tend to be very infobox-oriented. --WulfyWulfyWulf 21:54, 1 April 2014 (EDT)
You recently blocked an IP user for blanking the page Lightpaws where it appears to me it should have been handled as a PE request. Was there something you saw that I overlooked? --mwalimu 12:13, 5 April 2014 (EDT)
- Several IPs and Lightpaws (See article change history) have been trying to remove/whitewash the controversy section, and now trying to remove the whole article itself. Lightpaws is on one month ban, so either is somebody else vandalizing the article, or if it is him, he is IP evading to continue blanking/vandalizing it. - Spirou 16:28, 5 April 2014 (EDT)
That vandalism warning you gave me
I guess you couldn't put being mean on a talk page in any other category... Anyway, I'm not complaining just telling you that in a way it's ridiculous what you did. Ludwig Linkermann, The Enemy of Your Enemy's Enemy 01:23, 23 April 2014 (EDT)
PS: In order to avoid any confusion in the future, I shall tell you that I did not mean to taunt you nor did I come here to vandalize content / troll users. Ludwig Linkermann, The Enemy of Your Enemy's Enemy 16:57, 23 April 2014 (EDT)
Personal Exclusion Request
Hi, thanks for letting me know about personal exclusion on my biography (Diesel T. Dare). I'd like to be removed from Wikifur on the grounds that I no longer require a page, and no longer wish to have a biography here. If you could remove edit history too that'd be great, and I'd also like a noindex tag where possible please!
If you need further verification I'll send an email, FA PM or tweet to show that I'm the Diesel T. Dare in question.
--Diesel 16:01, 30 April 2014 (EDT)
Recent user spam
Sorry about that. I was switching us to to MediaWiki 1.23 and our custom captcha modifications got left behind in the 1.22 branch. Fixed it now, as you probably noticed. --GreenReaper(talk) 05:04, 6 June 2014 (EDT)
- Eh, no worries =) - Spirou (talk) 05:14, 6 June 2014 (EDT)
A false positive; Okay, but not precisely a furry/artist/writer/avatar/fandom related/sounding/written name, too much of a word/letter handle combo similarly used by spammers. "Hi, I'm artist/writer two.f.a.s.t.four.u.one.two.three" (...) Uh, k. - Spirou (talk) 21:02, 8 June 2014 (EDT)
- An unfortunate ID configuration to use during the last two days (still going, slightly) mini spam flood =/ - Spirou (talk) 21:07, 8 June 2014 (EDT)
How come you do not let me edit my own page and keep reverting it? Ive been trying to keep it blank until i have the info written properly, I'm sorry if that i upset you, but you have all the wrong information on this site. Maxwell Rodgers IS NOT a person, HE IS MY FURSONA. I have not and will not give you my real name. Please let me edit or tell me how to make so you understand that Maxwell Rodgers is my FURSONA, I don't know where to put it. Please help. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Maxwell5050 (talk • contribs) .
- Within the fandom, it is normal for people to refer to themselves as their fursonas, but if this is the case, I'm sure we would be glad to correct the article. However, bear in mind that this is not "your own page". It is "our page about your character". While you may own copyright on, say, a story which you wrote about your character, you do not own the right to control factual descriptions of your character by others, just as anyone may write a Wikipedia article about Harry Potter. We will seek to write the best article that we can with the details publicly available. --GreenReaper(talk) 17:14, 18 June 2014 (EDT)
I understand now.
Deletion of redirect pages
- See your talk page - Spirou (talk) 03:06, 7 July 2014 (EDT)
thanks for edits to education article
Thank you for all those improvements to Norwegian-language education article. Was working on 2nd revision when it got eaten (along with all my other tabs). Tabs eaten probably by accidental shutdown combined with an unanswered "are you sure you want to leave this page?" text box. --EarthFurst (talk) 10:32, 3 September 2014 (EDT)
- Anytime =) It was my last edit of the night anyways. Yeah, love bombing mid-edit too =P I tried to expand for who, where or where this public service pamphlet/commission was made for. Did find anything that late, thou. - Spirou (talk) 17:34, 4 September 2014 (EDT)
comic infobox question
Recent Draco Lockhard change
A couple of questions regarding the recent change to the article. First of all, I believe there is considerable semantic difference between http://drakia.com/ – which is a URI designating a Web page (or Web site), and Drakia.com – which is a DNS name, not necessarily related to the World Wide Web at all. (Say, it may designate a mail-only domain, or a Kerberos realm, etc.) Is it really necessary to replace the former with the latter (in the link text)?
Also, I wonder if youtu.be/rlVmr38v5IY – an interview Draco Lockhard gave to the short-lived Georgian “First Caucasian” TV channel back in 2010 – could be cited to support the
best known for his fantasy and science fiction works involving dragons claim?
Chip 'n Dale
Re: Article "Almost" Deletion
No true Scotsman fallacies
They 'don't' make no true scottsman fallacies? Their 'about' page is littered with them. Furries are this, furries are that, a true furry would do this, yadda yadda yadda. - —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) .
- The gf edit comes off as an opinion ("I believe them to be No true Scotsman arguments"), not a (yet) referenced fact or intent. - Spirou (talk) 17:38, 15 February 2015 (EST)
Talk:Christian Furs United
Please don't use summaries such as "Wikify (minor)" for edits which are neither minor, nor within the definition of "wikifying" (i.e. only adding wiki links or headings, formatting, or wiki-specific features such as infoboxes).
Removing information about a period of downtime (however unnecessary it might have been), changing a site's status from offline to online, and removing a large portion of the lede are all significant, non-"wikifying" changes. They may be quite reasonable changes, but they need to be outlined and the reasoning explained in the edit summary, so that other editors don't a) disregard a significant edit which they care about, b) fail to understand why you made it, or c) have to review all your edits because they don't know what you did from the summary. :-)
Put simply, a "wikify" from a colleague should imply that other editors can ignore an edit, as a formatting change with no material impact. Right now we can't, because you're using it for other things. Please help us by using more meaningful words where appropriate. --GreenReaper(talk) 01:31, 8 May 2015 (EDT)
- Allright, then how shall I proceed to indicate, verbiage wise, the changes effected on an article on the summary box to indicate degrees of editing?. No official rule has been really set how an editor can indicate the amount of information that has changed on the summary box (and that edit should have read "Wikify (Medium)" but IOS entered a prior used paragraph, not the first either, which can be misleading). So then, is a summary inow the only necessary information needed?.
- Yes, sometimes no summaries have been used, but lengthy ones have also been implemented, to the point to running of character space to describe the changes applied, which have been described, elegantly, as "F*cking stupid", "moronic" and "quite stupid to write all that in (the infobox)".
- So, in short, no more use of the word combos "Wikify (Major)/(Medium)/(Minor)" then (can an alternate indication of change be used, I.e. "Edit (Major)"?), and always indicate all the changes in the summary (and again, is there a specific wording to indicate such?. Are, for example, "-Fluff -Redundacy +links (int/ext/Wikipedia) +Section/Flow +Cleanup templates +Clarify/Citation tags, etc" used up to now acceptable, or are they too over the top?). - Spirou (talk) 03:59, 8 May 2015 (EDT)