Older conversations have been archived. Please view the links on the right review old threads.
 Wikifur works with Google Glass!
Well, kinda... Pair on test loan from a friend who is a Glassware developer, working on a project that will integrate the glasses net "Search" function with a Wiki Fandom DB search app (Wikifur, Fanlore, TARDIS.wikia, Wookieepedia, etc,...).
Getting pass the Dorkage factor of having to slightly look up and say "Okay, Glass" every bloody time you wish to query, it works. =) "Okay, Glass, Wikifur, Califur" does bring up a (somewhat still on beta display territory) result card (a screenshot should go here, but the API still bugged), with very basic (emphasis "basic") information displayed. Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures comes up nice (Logo on upper right, good), but querying Furry Weekend Atlanta brings up Fur Affinity: United and vice versa, Fur Affinity brings up FurFright, Furmeet brings FurMagic... (see the pattern yet?).
There will be a (future) option of taking a picture, and upload it to the pertinent Wiki's article (a test shot of some Fursuiter friends attending Califur to his test wiki's fursuit article worked, #@$#! license input needs work "GNU!, gNu, Ganu?, genooo,..."). Cool device, too ^.^
 Replacing multiple instances of one phrase with another
- Actually doing so. There were 800+ pages needed to be changed, so I checked the Special pages directories for the option. But if I didn't knew about, I would have been an appreciated tip. Thanks =) - Spirou 13:20, 4 June 2013 (EDT)
 Unsure about "Cleanup"
Yeah, I'm not to sure what is wrong with my page, i know I don't have too many sources, but all this is coming from me and my mind, how can i even source that? -Cole Cherno
- A little bit fractured, for one. You have your biography segmented and mixed with your fandom history. Bring your real life Biography up first, then your Fandom involvement next (which includes your Fursona), followed by your skills, as a suggested start. There is times when too much media (images) will encroach on the article (you have to decide how much is truly needed to illustrated/inform graphically your article). And as always, the Furry Book of Style is your friend for formatting solutions - Spirou 02:40, 9 June 2013 (EDT)
Could you help me out a little? I know the text was somewhat subjective, but I was hoping someone could fix it (rather than deleting the whole thing). Also, I apparently forgot to check all links while not logged in, which ones were members only?
Regarding the references, how should one handle references in languages other than English? Maybe add a translation? Excluding all non-English sources does not seem like the best of solutions.
126.96.36.199 05:25, 13 June 2013 (EDT)
- Oops, sorry. Looks like some cache somewhere is acting up; it looked like you had reverted my edit. Anyway, do you have any tips for when there are only non-english references?
- 188.8.131.52 17:07, 13 June 2013 (EDT)
- Sorry to get back late back to you (RL), but it seems that somebody has already filled in the reference vacancies, including the members-only one (which was/is the very first one on the article). As for the translation of reference links, Google has a built-in translator, Safari offers Extensions, and Firefox Plug-ins, so it is not (almost) an issue. The screenshots (were the use of them as valid reference is still being debated here) were a total beast altogether, as there is no way to translate an image.
- No, the NPOV issue is that it still reads as "an opinion" more than "a fact", and it goes a long way in the article (more than one third) to simply point out that he has social issues with people in a single furry site: Example: Why would an admin's (Ricadonna) dislike with this individual prior to joining Sveafur be listed as an "issue" on Smirre's article? (he has no control what other people think of him). The two imaginary friends... Why bring it up?. As long it did not impact a Sveafur directly (financially, emotionally, physically), a personal quirk is not really historical data. The subjects that people found "irritating"": Unless, again, it involved somebody personally, why parade the particular subjects out? (reference links are normally enough to highlight the issue).
- Deaths threats. Now this should be noted, specially if done "On numerous occasions" on the site against (presumably more than one) Swedish fur. But there is only one listed instance, and "what would legally be regarded as threatening to kill people" is an opinion based loaded phrase... And so on and on. Just an FYI on this point - Spirou 00:23, 14 June 2013 (EDT)
- Trying to paint a "complete" picture, and doing so without being too biased. Hard work, thanks for your input.
- There are things that I don't think could be fitted into the article while keeping a neutral point of view. For instance he has posted papers from the Swedish social services saying he has problems with, among lots of other things, paranoia. When he changed his mind and wanted to un-post them he said that "Anonymous" had hacked his computer and posted them, and later confessed that he had done it.
- Now, as I said, I want to make the whole picture clear, and his paranoia and needing 24/7 assistance are surely some key elements describing a part of his personality. The only sources for this are the aforementioned papers, which are only available as images, in Swedish, which is another reason why it can't be included.
- As to why I've written about SveaFur in particular, it is for a number of reasons. He has been there for a long time and stirred up a lot of feelings, they had to ban him as a measure to keep the forums alive, and that's where most sources are. Of course he has been at other communities as well. I will se if I can find someone who knows more of his activities elsewhere.
- 184.108.40.206 03:56, 14 June 2013 (EDT)
 About my article
I get that people here edit articles about others, but I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop adding that old information in my article and leave it be. I no longer want that information in my article and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop getting rid of the edits I wrote on MY article. Thanks. -Vivian Ferrox
 Five digits
- 10020 edits?. 7 years, 10 months, and 6 days (or an average of approximately 3.4949 edits/day)... Yeesh, is it been that long, and that many already? 0.o Thanks all the same =) - Spirou 06:09, 24 June 2013 (EDT)
 Could->May and minus Bolding in Disambiguation pages edits (June 2013)
The edits in process are being done automatically, as per prior discussions regarding these format changes on disambiguation pages. These changes have been done by hand slowly (still are) for the lasts few weeks, but I'm turbo-editing through, so this is just an FYI so it doesn't surprise anyone.
New to the format of these pages is alphabetization (it seems), and the addiction of sections (prior discussions), which will be done by hand (no way to automate these tasks). Again, just a heads-up on what's going on - Spirou 04:04, 25 June 2013 (EDT)
- As per reference, most of these proposals/discussions occurred on the Fox disambiguation's talk page - Spirou 04:18, 25 June 2013 (EDT)
Hmm, actually I did. I made double sure since you also locked down the last PE article I made, thinking too I had done so. I wonder why it is not sticking when I press save. But Thanks anyways - Spirou 21:06, 5 July 2013 (EDT)
- Well, if you locked down (protected) the Haruki Talos article, it didn't show up in the protection log.--Higgs Raccoon 22:12, 5 July 2013 (EDT)
- I saw. I selected Colleagues Only, Indefinite, etc, etc,... +Save. But that's twice that it didn't take. No biggie, will make triple sure next time, or could be Safari not playing nice again =/ - Spirou 00:09, 6 July 2013 (EDT)
 Question about wikify tag
I see you edited my page again, I tried to fix as much as I could the last time, but I just have a question for you. what does "references need to formatted properly" mean? -Cole Cherno 11:38am EST 7/15/13
- Check your talk page whenever you can for a comment on formatting reference links like so far - Spirou 17:54, 18 July 2013 (EDT)
 Splitting and merging
You're doing great merging and deleting while I'm excitedly looking at things to split in hopes of hitting a round number of articles today in birthday celebration: File talk:WikiFurCake.png. Amusing! -- Sine 17:40, 24 July 2013 (EDT)
 well i tried
and i fucked up... i honestly have no freaking clue why you have the tag and what i have to do so thanks for adding me to your queue.... Cole Cherno 9:55 EST July 27, 2013
Ok, I think I understand how to get the wikify tag off my page, i gotta remove most of the external links and turn them in sources, but give them names so that they don't all become duplicate links like the last time. Am I correct? Clarify when I do the edits tomorrow morning -User:MilitaryAviator 9:52PM EST 8/15/2013
 Summary should convey reasoning behind edit
Hey Spirou. I noticed in this edit, you just gave "revert" as an edit summary. While useful to know, we can already see that from the diff. What we can't get from that is an understanding of why you reverted it. Something like like "revert because ..." (or a pointer to an explanation on the discussion page) would have been helpful. Otherwise, there's really no reason for the original editor not to "revert" back! :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 19:18, 6 September 2013 (EDT)
- I had put down the reason why, put the iPad's IOS 6 "autocomplete" just puts in the first "remembered" "Revert" in memory. I noticed the change just after I hit "Save page". I was going to correct/add lengthier Why to the Revert on the user's talk page (he/she seems to be fixated in that particular section no matter how many times is edited ["Revert. Verne is not a deuteragonist, nor is Hammy a tritagonist), neither in the film or the,...etc]), but I had to take off to drop off some job files (just came back, now explaining the terse "Revert").
- Hopefully this bug... feature will be fixed on Monday with IOS 7 (no, not really, is caked in the OS). - Spirou 22:08, 6 September 2013 (EDT)
- Without a mouse?. A pain; you can, but you have to tap on the section or word juuust right; not above, not below, not one character left/right, not the whole article, or it just simply refuses to highlight it (try to insert a paragraph without arrow keys and your big finger covering the area you are trying to edit). And those small buttons don't make it easy to work with articles (on my iPhone is an exercise of dexterity and utter frustration. Not much on Android that I'm a fan off, but able to change the keyboard size in most of their devices, built and app, is something IOS truly needs). - Spirou 23:11, 6 September 2013 (EDT)
 Valkerie => Trillian
Instead of generating a name for Valkerie go ahead and place it under Trillian Vera. Thankies.
 The above message was left by me...
See... --Valkerie 03:14, 8 September 2013 (EDT)
 Please blank my page
Please blank the page Nauta. I no longer wish to be featured on the site.
Please remove the edit history as well if you can. Thank you.
First of all I would like to thank you for your free time and devotion in updating this article. Unfortunately before I will continue your most excellent work that did not need any talk page justification, I will have to ask a few questions:
Which part of 'forum went offline' is not clear to you. The term offline is a general term used for quite a while to indicate a server, page or in this case, forum, is no longer available. Maybe there is a page I can link to? In case extra explanation is needed for those lesser known with these complicated terms.
You ask for citations and sources, linked in other sections of the article. Some even in the previous sentence. I understand not everybody has the time to read the entire article, or sometimes it is simply difficult to use big words. I will try my best to lower the bar a little, avoiding difficult terms to make your life a bit easier. After all, we are all people who are trying to make this fine website a better place.
I understand your request for additional sources, unfortunately many of the elements present in this article concern internal processes of a youth center that closed a while ago. I can list additional furry websites, but I am not sure if they will remain there, for these is no definitive source for you other than my own. If you please, I can make a history section on my own page (dutchfurs.com) on your request.
If these matters are resolved, I have a small wealth of information in my personal archives, including pictures and scanned articles but unfortunately they lack the external sources you require, perhaps after your permission I can enrich the article properly and perfect it to your impeccable standards.
- Thank you for your response. A) If you get to the point you're trying to make, please give us a heads up, B) tone down on the condescending sarcasm, it's a little thick in the middle, C) a good morning to you too, and D) 42 - Spirou 14:01, 10 November 2013 (EST)
- Fortunately Greenreaper was so kind to help me with the issues at hand. Thank you kindly for your helpful response and constructive feedback.
- Anytime. ^.^ - Spirou 15:17, 10 November 2013 (EST)
No it is not the same Foxxer, also, you can reach me at for following Contacts, Skype = masterxbkc kik = dark.xander text = 6026163487