April Fool's vandal spree
Good work on snipping that spree of vandalism in the bud!
So you know for the future, if something is pure vandalism, it is acceptable to revert it using the ?bot=1 method - that is, you go to their list of contributions, add ?bot=1 to the URL (or &bot=1 if there is already a ? in the URL) and press enter to reload that page with that page. Then clicking the rollback links will hide the revert, and also hide the initial vandalism from view on recent changes (unless you turn on bot edits). This makes it easier to see what vandalism has been dealt with, because it's no longer visible on Recent changes. This helps a lot when ten people made ten edits resulting in 100 articles to check. --GreenReaper(talk) 01:22, 1 April 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you, and I'll keep that bot method in mind--although I hope it won't be needed anytime soon! -- Sine 01:35, 1 April 2006 (UTC)
Category:Blue Forest Characters/characters?
Thanks for letting me know. I figured as such and previously only made a redirect page to Category:Blue Forest characters with a lower case "C". For some reason, something is causing the links to show up on top of the Wanted Pages list with an upper case "C" instead. There appears to be two templates for "Blue Forest" in various versions of capitalization as you can see at the bottom of this page. Would this have anything to do with it? --Frizzy 19:18, 12 April 2006 (UTC)
- Blue Forest Characters has, happily, vanished from Wanted categories. I'm not sure if that's because of it existing again for a little or if re-editing the articles helped or what, but I guess that doesn't matter. The different capitalizations of Blue Forest as a template seem to be redirects. Not sure if that's related either. All very mysterious! -- Sine 21:41, 12 April 2006 (UTC)
The word "possibly" is ridiculous to include in this situation. Of course it's possible for a babyfur to be a pedophile, just as it's possible for anyone to be a pedophile. Secondly, it overlaps with "may" and sounds stupid. Thanks, 126.96.36.199 22:55, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
Question, since no one else seems around
I need some information on protecting my userpage so that only myself and administrators can edit it. banrai 6:29EST Apr 19 2006
Repeated vandalism and blocking
I've just blocked an IP for what I now see is repeated vandalism. (Three incidents so far.) Do we have an understood point where we block for longer periods, or infinitely? -- Sine 03:20, 21 April 2006 (UTC)
- I would say go up by one category per repeated offense - hours, days, weeks, months, years (or forever). If all they do is vandalism feel free to skip a step. We're not Wikipedia, we've not really got time to deal with trouble again and again. --GreenReaper(talk) 03:32, 21 April 2006 (UTC)
A bit of thanks
Thanks for your help with copyediting my bio page. I did it in a rush, so I wasn't suprised that there'd be typos, but you also went beyond and helped me out with formatting as well! I appreciate your work on helping getting my page to look and read better than it was before! --The Listener 22:47, 1 May 2006 (UTC)
My pleasure! You're very welcome. -- Sine 23:29, 1 May 2006 (UTC)
Just thought I'd note that as an admin you can turn on auto-patrolled edits in the preferences. This will prevent your own edits from coming up as requiring patrolling in recent changes. --GreenReaper(talk) 22:36, 10 May 2006 (UTC)
- That's great to know, and I've set that now. Thank you. -- Sine 04:11, 11 May 2006 (UTC)
I will email them and ask permission. If I can't get it from them, I'll ask some others until I get written permission. Where do I post that I have written permission when I get it? Thanks!
InaliKealoha 05:22, 16 May 2006 (UTC)
- You should put the permission on the image information page, the one that comes up when you click on the image. You can edit it just like any other page. If you fail to gain permission for those images, let myself or another administrator know, and we will delete it from the WikiFur image store. --GreenReaper(talk) 14:04, 16 May 2006 (UTC)
- I very strongly feel that we should delete the images; they can be uploaded again if permission is given. -- Sine 16:16, 16 May 2006 (UTC)
- Done. Thanks for the confirmation. -- Sine 23:22, 16 May 2006 (UTC)