- 1 Clean-up.
- 2 Mermaid
- 3 ~7~CyanFOX~7~
- 4 Zephyr Panthur
- 5 Kyle "Kay" Fox
- 6 My Userpage & according pic
- 7 Hobart Starr
- 8 Article: Raykese
- 9 Hello from Asylumfoxy714/Straitfox
- 10 somewolf
- 11 I moved the "Socio-economic factor" section
- 12 Timothy Fay's Entry on WikiFur
- 13 Sable Edit
- 14 New articles!
- 15 Incorrect Link on last Edit
- 16 Positioning of cleanup tag
- 17 Mimiga
- 18 SOAP Members?
Well, here, let's talk about me for a sec.
While I appreciate the little steps to correct strictly necessary format and link issues (the 'contributor' block needed moving but I kept forgetting to do so, and 'Convention staff' really did seem a goofy category) I'm not so sure about your more vague taste-based changes, especially given the errors in them. If you have specific comments about confusing wording, that's one thing, but I'd like to ask you to refrain from style imposition otherwise.
Now... what precisely do you intend by the notion of 'paragraphs rather than bullet points'?
Anyhow, I'll hold off reverting things until we have this hashed out.
- I'll reply to this on the talk page of the article about you. -- Sine 23:09, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
I was about to make a species page "Mermaid" and I saw the message that it had been created and deleted already. In the deletion log, you say that it is not furry. They are in the furcode. I know four furs that are also mermaids or mermen, including my character Dylan Addison. I have swam at RCFM and MFM as Dylan along with Nova Sunami, a furry mermaid, and Peke, Santa Fox's penguin character. The current featured article, "Greek mythology," mentions centaurs, satyrs, and fauns which are also half human. I would like to know the reasoning behind excluding mermaids and mermen. XyLII 02:29, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
Hey Sine, if you feel like incorrectly cleaning up my page that's fine but just because everyone else lazily and incorrectly shortens my name to CyanFOX without the pre and postfix ~7~'s does not mean that's my name... ~7~CyanFOX~7~ 23:44, 13 February 2008 (UTC)
maybe i should redirect Sin to this article because it's easier to type that too? http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/User:%7E7%7ECyanFOX%7E7%7E was how if you even bothered to check my diff on my article how it originally read that was "too autistic" for most of you so people kindly decided to clean my article up :3 which i was very grateful for. notwithstanding, however, people take liberty as to how to actually spell my name; see, it's too difficult to copy and paste my name verbatim with the ~7~'s so it's usually and coincidentally for that matter incorrectly ( lazily ) shortened to CyanFOX... but why if that really was my name do i EVEN HAVE THE BLOODY ~7~'s to begin with? because they are a non-ascii character represented in ascii it's on my legal drivers license and my legal signature it's very old: from many many many years before i even took the name ``CyanFOX as many of you enjoy to shorten my name to... It has to deal with who i Was before I came into the fandom; it has to deal with my spirituality; and it also has to deal with providing me with a symbol that I can use as my "Initials" when I'm asked to "Initial here!" I don't wish for this to sound as derrogatory or dimminutive towards you... It just irritates me that you felt the need to implement an incorrect redirect to a name that IS NOT FORMALLY ENDORSED by me and if you only did simple research ( if you bothered to check out my user talk page or diff back to the original article in which I personally penned ) you'd have realized that I mastered the copy / paste and actually refer to myself as ~7~CyanFOX~7~ throughout the entire article... Imagine that... ~7~CyanFOX~7~ 00:08, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
I was wondering about the requests for cites you placed in the article on Zephyr Panthur, about his species and the documentary he saw. As the original article appears to have been written by the subject himself, is there any particular reason to doubt his word? If a cite is still needed regarding his species, the fursuit database entry for his 2nd fursuit lists him as "fox, lynx".
--Higgs Raccoon 07:57, 25 February 2008 (UTC)
- As suggested by adding the tags, I'd like to know where the fursona description came from--the character in the image (and in other images, from a short look at the person's website) looks like a Red Fox to me, no obvious Lynx parts let along Fennec, and as for the reference to a documentary... if there's a documentary about Hitler with anthropomorphic art, I'd like to know about it if only to start an article on same! -- Sine 19:40, 25 February 2008 (UTC)
Kyle "Kay" Fox
You moved Kyle "Kay" Fox to Kayfox, I would prefer it to be at Kyle "Kay" Fox because thats how I prefer my name. But considering the edit history of the article, I'm not really an authority on myself, go right ahead and do whatever you want. Kayfox 20:06, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
My Userpage & according pic
First of, thank you for updating my userpage and adding an article. You left the "meaningful name needed" template at my former fursona pic, here: http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Image:65c397b7.jpg I reuploaded the pic with a new filename, here: http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Image:Realzero-fursona.jpg and already changed the linking in both, userpage and article. I don't know what to do with the old file now (blanking, deleting, what and how to do). It would be nice if you could tell me or directly do it. Thanks again, awaiting your orders^^. Greetings, RealZero 16:01, 23 March 2008 (UTC)
- I've gone ahead and deleted the duplicate image. Thank you for reuploading it, and for your comment here! Welcome to WikiFur. -- Sine 01:01, 24 March 2008 (UTC)
- So, it's me again. I don't know about this, so I'm gonna ask you first: As I'm not an artist I would have never dared to create an article about me myself, but now as it is already there I think it could also be expanded to get it out of the stub category. Now my question: How much do you think should bei ncluded in an article about a non-artist furry? There are many things on my userpage, like describtions of my bobbies and so on, but wouldn't it be too much to write this all into an article that in all probability will not be very important to other people? Just tell me what you think please, I don't want to brag or something like that, but on the other side you should always extend stubs if you're capable of, right? Thanks for your answer in advance, greetings, RealZero 15:39, 24 March 2008 (UTC)
- It's really a matter of taste. Personally I prefer short articles on people, even unto stubs, but that isn't a universal preference. I suggest you raise the question on Talk:RealZero, or in the WikiFur Forum, to get some others' opinions. Thank you for asking, and sorry I myself don't have much of an answer! -- Sine 20:48, 24 March 2008 (UTC)
Hi, you left a "cleanup" template on this page I created. If you'd note what you want cleaned up, I'll be glad to render what help I can. Is it that I referred to him by his real name? He uses that when posting his games to Newgrounds, among other things. I know it's very short, but I don't really have a lot of info and most of what I know is covered in the external links (e.g., list of games he's done). Bgoldnyxnet 03:37, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
Thank you for pointing out the current flaw on the page that Im working on. To be quite honest, as Im not even remotely close to finished what I'm doing with it as a whole, I wasn't really expecting anyone to even take a look at. I will try to make the needed corrections to it as soon as feasible, thank you. If there is anything, please mention it to me; I'm still very new to wiki. Slicktified 21:06, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Hello from Asylumfoxy714/Straitfox
Hi sadly to say this but it said that you altered my article....sadly it was perfect the way it was made so sadly you must let me handle it please, and thank you.
Yes i know but please....I'm just trying to show people the truth here, not let people show the lies.... So please, tahnk you and we won't have any problems.
i am unhappy with you removing a mayor part of the article about my person
to make it short: not only i do consider this a mayor part and i am pissed now
please correct me if policy on article content changed lately
somewolf 19:36, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
- Hi, somewolf. Our aim here is to have neutral, factual articles, and the sections which I moved from the article about you to your userpage aren't the sort of content that is really appropriate in an article: hence why I moved it. If you'd like to discuss this further, the best place is probably on Talk:Somewolf, where other editors are more liley to see the discussion and respond. -- Sine 22:39, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
I moved the "Socio-economic factor" section
Moved it from Georgia Furs to Middle Georgia Furs, since it seems much more relevant to that article. It's a bit of a long-winded section, but I wrote it to explain why there aren't many furs who live in Middle Georgia or do live here but not come out about it. --RayneVanDunem 19:59, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
Timothy Fay's Entry on WikiFur
I can verify the fact template regarding my "significantly left-of-centre" views as accurate. The definition of "left-of-centre" might be in dispute, but I have no objection to that characterization.
As for The NIMH File and its status as a "sought-after collector's item" that, too, might be open to debate. However, I still occasionally get requests for copies of the fanzine, and one of the copies sold on eBay recently for $80. That, I believe, could qualify it as "sought-after."
TimKangaroo 02:54, 15 August 2008 (UTC)
all my references were Sable herself. But i'm not sure where on the page to put that so if you coul that could help,i'm also new to the whole Furry Wiki thing so if you know how to clean it up to fit standards.... >____________> that would be kewl. (=^_^=);;
I've been meaning to tell you for some time--it's a pleasure working with you. I enjoy creating stubs and seeing you frequently soon add to them with external links and so forth. And you create elegeant stubs yourself!
I wanted to mention that I'm not planning to create many new articles for a time; I like the idea of our hitting ten thousand total articles soon after we move to wikifur.com, rather than while we're still at Wikia, and I'm not sure how our rate of growth will co-incide with the move schedule. So I'm focusing on cleanup, including some merging and deletion, for now. -- Sine 16:22, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hello Sine, and thankyou for your kind words! I'm glad you approve of my own stubs and the additions to yours - as you're one of the biggest contributors here, I've tried to mimic your style and learn from your corrections.
- I might follow your lead and cut down on the creation of new articles. It would be kind of nice if the rollover to 10,000 articles occurs with WikiFur established in its new home. I dare say there's enough cleaning up and tweaking to be done in the meantime. --Higgs Raccoon 19:18, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
Incorrect Link on last Edit
Hello, this is Rather_Dashing1121. You recently edited my page, adding a link on my mate's name (Onai) to someone who is not my mate. Please do not add a link under her name if you edit the page again.
- Sorry about that--we usually make names links, and one doesn't always check for name collisions. Is your mate part of the fandom? We can set up a disambiguation page and create an article specifically about her. -- Sine 06:26, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
Positioning of cleanup tag
Hello Sine, just a little question about the cleanup template tag:
A short time ago you moved the tag on the article Amalgam from the bottom to the top. The description on the template page is the following: "If the article has a number of faults, then place this tag either at the bottom of the article or inside the particular section that needs it."
Thus I thought the tag should be inserted at the bottom as it belonged to the whole article, not just a single section. thus my general question now: Should this tag, if used for a whole article, be placed at the top all the time? Why the "at the bottom" statement in the template description then? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to argue, I just want to know how to correctly do this in the future. Thanks for your answer in advance, greetings
RealZero 19:39, 16 October 2008 (UTC)
- That's a good question! I've always seen templates at the top; I'm going to adjust the template description accordingly. Thanks for catching the inconsistency. -- Sine 20:46, 16 October 2008 (UTC)
Hi Sine. A quick note: "Doukutsu Monogatari" in the article Mimiga is an external link (to Wikipedia), so the merge template you've inserted is suggesting a merge with an article that doesn't exist on WikiFur.--Higgs Raccoon 22:40, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
Why was this category removed? There's about 20-30 of us total, we're not exactly a small group.Pathia 08:48, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
- Replied on User talk:Pathia. -- Sine 09:02, 28 December 2008 (UTC)