User talk:Simba B
- Good vandalism revert on the first try =) Spirou 00:15, 28 October 2006 (UTC)
I keep reverting pages but it just won't stop, what do I do?! - RVDDP2501 22:08, 28 October 2006 (UTC)
- 1 Message from RVDDP2501
- 2 Speedy delete
- 3 Re: Question for vandals
- 4 RSS Readers
- 5 the auto revert thing
- 6 Welcome to WikiFur:Administrators!
- 7 Patrolled edits
- 8 sorry, didn't know you'd blocked 220.127.116.11
- 9 Edits to AussieHusky
- 10 Ctrl-C
- 11 Owner
- 12 Fn0rd Article
- 13 fn0rd/murrlin article
- 14 what is a way to verify murrlin or my identity
- 15 Colleague status discussion
Message from RVDDP2501
Thanks, I just wish I could help out better. - RVDDP2501 22:14, 28 October 2006 (UTC)
Sadly, I'm not on Firefox and I am not very skilled with stuff like that, sorry :-( - RVDDP2501 22:21, 28 October 2006 (UTC)
Anyways, Thanks for all your help during the vandalism and for reverting damage done to pages I created and so on - RVDDP2501 02:42, 29 October 2006 (UTC)
Just a heads up regarding this edit, when adding the SpeedyDelete template, please leave the original content of the page in (even if nonsense content) so that people can view it for themselves. Thanks! --Douglas Muth 00:49, 3 November 2006 (UTC)
Re: Question for vandals
"Furries are gay" is closer to "Furries are idiots", than "Furries are sexually attracted to members of their born gender". That said, the infamous Taura Learfox drawing showing a rainbow-bedecked fox doing his Iron Eyes Cody impersonation certainly has become a lulzcow of epic proportions and has probably fueled a misconception amoung people unfamiliar with Furry that Furry's a Gay thing. Further renderings of various specie of Furry taking it in the pooper probably haven't helped much, either. True, Furry embraces a long and disquieting list of proclivities, but it does seem like the AB (ORCA STACKS!) and Gay Furries seem to stand out most among the P&L crowd. 733 22:23, 15 November 2006 (UTC)
- I am familiar with the use of "gay" as a general insult (hey I went to high school too) but it does seem alot of these guys are (overly) obsessed with actual gay furries. Many of them are probably bored teenagers so attempting to stimulating brain patterns resembling actual thought may be an exercise in futility. Simba B 22:32, 15 November 2006 (UTC)
- Maybe one of the reasons that Furry has the Gay reputation is that so many Furries wave their sexuality around like a flag? The fourth thing you tell us about yourself is that you're bisexual. Nothing wrong with being bisexual, but is that information really so important that you have to tell us about it or that you feel you have to define yourself by it? My boyfriend knows I'm Bi, but it's not something I would ever announce to the world at large. I've seen more than a few WF entries where a person lists their sexuality as the second thing they say about themslves, right after their name. Maybe if less Furries defined themselves by their sexuality, Furry as a whole would be less defined by sexuality as well. I agree that most of the vandals are just looking for the lulz, but it's not like we haven't handed them a huge box of ammo to takes shots at us with. 733 21:35, 17 November 2006 (UTC)
- I think the flag-waving furry image is in the eye of the beholder more than anything else. At any rate, I don't consider this kind of information "ammo". Personally, I think that many furs who are gay or bisexual are more secure in their sexual orientation and mature about it than the people who obsess over them, which is why it is even an issue in the first place. Sex is part of the deal, you can allow it to coexist peacefully with the other stuff and ignore the criticism, or you can let it bother you. I don't think you'll get very far trying to convince others of the squeaky-clean point of view, but you are welcome to your own opinions. I see the problem as immature, bored teenagers who are still stuck in the highschool mindset about sex, not mature adults being open about who they are. We clearly bother them, but they don't bother me. Simba B 21:55, 17 November 2006 (UTC)
In your user page, you have, "Recommended: Install an RSS reader that can notify you with a pop-up box of new articles." Do you have any specific readers you would recommend that have such a feature? Spaz Kitty 03:56, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
- I don't know of any for Windows or Mac. I use Linux and the K Desktop Environment, and the RSS reader for that system has such a feature, but I've never done RSS on anything but Linux so I'm afraid I'm of little use in that regard. aKregator does not currently run natively on anything but Unix but that is supposed to change with the upcoming release of KDE 4. Sorry! Simba B 17:54, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
the auto revert thing
Thanks for showing me it. but, I really don't care, it's pretty easy to revert it "the hard way" rather than switching to FireFox and downloading a bunch of patches... however, it does bring up something; I was thinking of trying to build a browser like program specifically for using Wikia. What you have just shown me might be usefull in this and once I start the project (if I ever really do) I will remember this thing that you showed me. cchristian 23:19, 26 November 2006 (UTC)
Welcome to WikiFur:Administrators!
Be sure to visit the links in the above page to see how to use the extra powers if you've not had sysop access on a wiki before (the bot rollback feature is particularly useful). Remember you can always come onto IRC for more help. Enjoy! :-) GreenReaper(talk) 02:47, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
Since you're an admin, you can mark your own edits as patrolled. Under "preferences", under the "Editing" section, check "Mark edits I make as patrolled" --Rat 23:48, 17 December 2006 (UTC)
sorry, didn't know you'd blocked 18.104.22.168
Oops, sorry for changing the block-time for 22.214.171.124. I didn't realize you'd already blocked that anon user. --EarthFurst 01:15, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
Edits to AussieHusky
Hi Simba. I notice you reverted the edits made to the entry on AussieHusky (and eventually blocked those who made them). Although it could have been written a little better (and was unreferenced), I believe it *was* a legitimate attempt to add to the entry. On the OzFurry mailing list, AussieHusky did claim to have made chocolates for the event, which were going to be given out as prizes at some point. -- Higgs Raccoon 21:32, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
- Well, the reason I blocked the person who made them was that as well as the fact that they created a nonsense article, and when that was deleted, registered an account and recreated the article. The edits to AussieHusky weren't enough alone (IMHO) to be a problem. It's a little unclear to me what exactly this person is up to as I got an e-mail asking for the ban to be lifted, and I replied saying if they'd stop creating nonsense articles I would lift the ban. I went back and read the deleted article and I don't see any other way to interpret what was there other than as a nonsense article. Simba B 21:36, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
- It's not furry related, nor is it a disambiguation page. Even on the latter, it wouldn't be necessary. I highly doubt someone looking to know what Ctrl+C does on a computer would go to a furry wiki. Spaz Kitty 01:21, 21 February 2007 (UTC)
Sorry, i didn't know "owner" was already deleted once, but since owner-pet relationships are very common between furries, and already being pet, i thought it would be good having its counterpart. (By the way, i'm not sure if this is the correct way to talk to an user, i hope is ok) Kamui Neko
- It's ok, although I have to admit I find it odd that pet still exists, because owner was deleted quite a while ago when I was last active (several months ago).
- And yes, this is the correct way to contact WikiFur users.
- Finally, you should sign your messages and talk page comments with four tildes, like this ~~~~, that automatically datestamps and signs your user name. Simba B 19:20, 4 August 2007 (UTC)
Yes (I hope i am posting this correctly) Fn0rd is a friend of mine, the enchanted unicorn forest is something from YTMND.com, his newer alias is Murrlin, I am sorry to bother you.
murrlin does not have an account, i made it for him, he and i don't like it how is I made the article I made the article I made the article I made the article please delete it we are getting upset over this we just wanted a funny article, please just delete it —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Espycious (talk • contribs) .
- You were pointed to WikiFur:Personal exclusion. Please read that and it should tell you what you need to know. Particularly, you can only request personal exclusion for your own personal article, and you must have a "verifiable address" to request the exclusion. Near as I can tell personal exclusion by proxy is not acceptable. If something's not clear there, please let me know and I will try to help. Simba B 22:27, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
what is a way to verify murrlin or my identity
email / msn / his irc even?
- Just have him e-mail an administrator and they will take care of it. Simba B 22:30, 8 January 2008 (UTC)