Welcome to WikiFur! Thank you for telling us about yourself. We here at WikiFur look forward to working with you. Let us know if you need any help not already provided. If you would like help continuing to create the article you were working on, or any other article, don't hesitate to consult the Furry Book of Style or just contact a colleague. Have a nice day! :-) --Higgs Raccoon 13:33, 12 August 2013 (EDT)
Species information (and editing tips)
Hi Rhazafax. You just removed the section referencing the species of your character. Could you explain what it is, perhaps with a better link? Your FA page does state that as your species.
Editing-wise: It's a good idea to use "show preview" to decrease the number of edits in the article history, and the edit summary box to explain the reasoning behind your change to other editors. Also, we tend to avoid terms such as "currently" as it is unclear what date that refers to. The article assumed to be current, if a date is not specified (and if it is not accurate, it should be updated! :-). --GreenReaper(talk) 15:40, 12 August 2013 (EDT)
- . . . as demonstrated by another editor, who just rolled back the changes you made, perhaps because of the above issues (I try to use a non-default undo message to explain such things). --GreenReaper(talk) 15:43, 12 August 2013 (EDT)
- Holy crap, that's irritating. At least in my case, the term 'wildcat' is a generic name for a multi-breed feline mutt, so the link to the wiki article isn't all that accurate or helpful. As for the use of the word 'currently', that's fine. In other news, I just wanna manage my own damn page. XD -Rhazafax
- Well, it's technically our page about you. ;-) You're allowed to edit it like everyone else, though, in line with our goal of providing the most accurate and informative article possible. (For this to work, communication is key . . .)
- It's a WikiFur convention to mention the species of the subject's character in the body (as well as putting it as a category on the page). You were described as a "wildcat" because that is what your FA page says in two places. If you feel the link is inappropriate, perhaps you could provide a better one? Wording something like "is a wildcat; more specifically, a [...]." [which you just did as I was writing this] and providing a link to a reference such as a character sheet or other piece of art describing the character would work well.
- In the original post I made, species wasn't listed on purpose. I may or may not change it in the future, and instead of adding one more thing to update to my list, I figured leaving that part out would just be simpler. If people are honestly curious, they can just pop over to my FA page. If that's somehow going to screw things up, perhaps it'd just be better for all parties involved to remove the page entirely. -Rhaz
- What we can do here is say "as of [date]". This highlights to the reader that if significant time has passed, it might well be different now, and they should go visit if they want to be 100% sure. Like most biographical articles, we're interested in describing the past as well as the present, so prior fursonas would be considered valid content as well. (We tend not to cover the future except when scheduled events are concerned; personal predictions/future plans are often unreliable.) --GreenReaper(talk) 16:17, 12 August 2013 (EDT)
- Well, speaking as a very private person, I'm not terribly comfortable with the idea of this page being a truly biographical article. I'd like the page to be removed, I think. Rhazafax 16:22, 12 August 2013 (EDT)
- We have a process for this; I've noted your request on the talk page attached to the article itself, and will perform the exclusion in a day or so if there are no objections (which is likely). Assuming the article is excluded, if at a future date you would like to remove the exclusion, you're welcome to contact myself or another curator to do so. --GreenReaper(talk) 16:25, 12 August 2013 (EDT)
- Super. Thanks for the help. EDIT: I'd also like to request an exclusion for the Cruel Jones page, as well, as it's a former handle of mine. :)Rhazafax 16:28, 12 August 2013 (EDT)