User talk:RayneVanDunem/Archive 1
- This is an archive page for past discussions on my talk page. Please don't edit this; instead, if you want to talk, please post to my talk page. Thanks.
- 1 Welcome
- 2 SpazKitty's comment
- 3 Categories
- 4 Message from RVDDP2501
- 5 Doumo, RayneVanDunem!!!
- 6 On Colditz
- 7 Furbuntu
- 8 WikiFur:Administrators
- 9 Attribution when splitting articles
- 10 My article page.
- 11 Thanks!
- 12 Subpages of user page
- 13 WToboe external links
- 14 Modifications to Extinctioners Main Article
- 15 Thank you
- 16 For your awareness
- 17 Hey
- 18 wait...
Welcome to WikiFur! Thank you for registering an account. We here at WikiFur look forward to working with you. Let us know if you need any help not already provided. If you would like help creating an article or just editing it, don't hesitate to consult the Furry Book of Style or just contact a administrator. Have a nice day! :-) --Rat 07:43, 13 December 2007 (UTC)
The category you created is not necessary -- we already have Category:Georgia and Category:Wikifurries. If you want to be added to the Georgia category, you should create an article for yourself. Spaz Kitty 04:35, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
If you add a category to an article (as you have added category:1983 births to Ryuu Majin), make sure you include something in the main body of the article to justify the inclusion of that category, even if it is just "(born 1983)". (And btw, Ryuu Majin's LiveJournal profile claims 1982 as his birthyear.) --Higgs Raccoon 08:49, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks. --RayneVanDunem 16:56, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
Message from RVDDP2501
Hi, I'm curious as to why you removed the Anthroid character category from the Tonya DeFault article? - RVDDP2501 12:02, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
- Ah I see, well no harm done and I understand what you were trying to do :) thank you for your reply to my message, if you wish to talk more on improving the Andorozon or Extinctioners articles (I wrote both), please let me know, take care - RVDDP2501 16:54, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
- kissu-kissu* Konnichiwa, Nyaa! Thank you for posting on the talk board for me an' helping me out! *invisibly huggle pounces* *runs away*--Kiraneko 23:50, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
I'm pretty new here, I added you on MSN, I got a couple of questions about the Page, I had a look into the Help and Support pages here but couldn't find what I was looking for, it's about cleaning up my User Page. If you tell me what I should change I'll do it immediatly, and... I removed the contributor thing because I don't want people to know I'm on this site for several reasons, I created the Page cuz someone asked me for it
greetings Colditz 17:16, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
Colditz informed me on my talk page that he didn't want the Contributor template on his bio article for privacy reasons. Not that it should be removed or anything (I'm flatly against admin approval of bio deletion requests), just letting you know. --RayneVanDunem 22:21, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Rayne. Thanks for letting me know, though I'm not inclined to removed the contributor tag. On your talk page he says he previously removed the tag because "I don't want people to know I'm on this site for several reasons".
- Seeing as anyone can type his name in the search box to get his article and then see from the article's history that he has a WikiFur account, I don't see that removing the contributor tag is going to make him invisible.--Higgs Raccoon 22:34, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
As the head of development for Furbuntu, I would like to thank you for making the wiki page on it. ^_^ Thanks. :D Theyain 02:13, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
Welcome to the WikiFur administrators group! We've been watching your edits for some time, and we feel you could use a few additional editing tools. Please see the links in the above page if you need any guidance on the use of the tools now available to you, or drop into IRC and give me a poke. Be bold! --GreenReaper(talk) 22:08, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
Attribution when splitting articles
Remember when splitting articles to give attribution to the original source, by name or a link. Probably should go in the edit summary, but maybe a template could be put on the article. --Rat 05:26, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
- What template would give attribution to an article within WikiFur? I'm already familiar with attribution templates to Wikipedia articles, but not attribution templates to WikiFur articles. Thanks for the reminder, btw. --RayneVanDunem 05:51, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
- Ok, I see you've done it. Yep, I don't think there was one for material sourced from elsewhere WikiFur before. I think I'll just tighten up the wording a bit. --Rat 08:49, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
My article page.
Thanks for editing my article, most helpful.
I shall give you many cookies when we meet. Cookies and hugs.
- No prob, glad to help. But please do sign your username at the end of your comments; just type --~~~~. Also, welcome to WikiFur, and please feel free to contribute. --RayneVanDunem 02:57, 6 January 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for your assistance on cleaning up my article. I appreciate it, thanks! :) Wishfur 04:56, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
Subpages of user page
I've noticed that you've created a number of subpages of your user page on various topics, some of them not obviously furry-related. As [WikiFur is not a free host or webspace provider], I don't think such items as User:RayneVanDunem/Touchscreen_data-entry are appropriate even in user space. I also happen to find them distracting when checking through Recent Changes. -- Sine 07:57, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- Should I merge the non-furry-related articles into one under the userspace then? It might minimize the clutter in New Pages. --RayneVanDunem 02:59, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
WToboe isn't present on the internet, so I added a reference to Abando.org, he is there in the Staff List. I was talking to him and he has no plans to have any account until have a fursona's draw. Cheers.
Modifications to Extinctioners Main Article
Hey, I saw what you did to the article, I really like it but I'm curious about something, how come only 2 of the 5 L.A.P.D.O.G.S. are in that little category section at the bottom and how do I go about including them? - RVDDP2501 21:04, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- umm...nerver mind, I think I got it figured out :P - RVDDP2501 21:09, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
For adding the "Publishers" template to all the articles,... was going to do so today, but thank you for your help =) - Spirou 03:00, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
- No prob. Also, I edited the template to make it "Navbox"-based, since I'm trying to encourage the usage of it for future navigational templates. --RayneVanDunem 07:16, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
For your awareness
Please see User talk:GreenReaper#Suspicious new account activity. --mwalimu 16:44, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
Well thanks, but i linked it, i was wondering, do you have or still use DeviantArt? You seem like a really nice perosn, i'd like to watch you and talk to you on there in the meantime, cause i'm still tyring to get the hang of using this website. And I was wondering what do you mean by the image link doesn't have an image?? Thanks again →Nightbane Wolf
P.S: Can i email you back and forth?? If you don't mind telling me your email address.
wait what edit summary?
okay, i can't get back and forth easily, can you just email me instead? its easier for me to understand, and well, first thing, i'm a female, anyhow, here is my email: email@example.com
i'd really love it if you will email me, its easier for me to go back anf forth, please,
- Hi, thanks for posting. I'm raynenamibia on there, but I haven't used it in at least 3 years. It's probably best if you email me, and there's a link to email me through WikiFur/Wikia at the top of the page. I'm open for helping editors.
PS: Sorry about describing you as a "he". --RayneVanDunem 08:20, 10 June 2009 (UTC)