Hello all, this is Rayne Van-Dunem's talk page. I'm a sysop on the English-language WikiFur, so I'm free to take questions, implement (plenty of) requests and help users with getting a hang of both conventions and new developments. Please feel free to contact me in this talk page; if it is a private matter, please feel free to email or IM me (preferably through Google Talk: raynenamibia).
PS: If it is an exclusion request, please email me. Also, as I am in opposition to willy-nilly exclusions, I will ask you if you would like to instead become the sole editor of your bio; if you are going for blanking of your information, then I'll do the exlcusion.
PS2: I'm not keen on IRC, so please IM me instead if you want.
 Request for Review
As it's impossible to leave Spirou a message on his Talk page, and requests for review are being ignored on the article's talk pages, I'll once again point out the draft page is now ready for review. —Xydexx 14:59, 21 September 2009 (UTC)
 Request For Review
Once again, the Popping draft page is ready for review. In the continued interest of not wasting everyone's time, it'd be really peachy if one of the Admins could finally resolve this long-neglected issue no later than October 24 2009, 11:59 PM EDT —Xydexx 19:39, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
 Question by SpotsDalmatian
Hiya, you recently edited the TigerTails Radio wiki, taking 99% of the content and hiding it in a second page. The remaining content was left out of context, with no mention at all of the content of the currently airing season on the show's front wiki page. An attempt to undo the edit by my (wiki-newbie) housemate was met with an auto-revert and a warning to stop vandalising the wiki. So my question is, can we have our content back please? I really don't have to the time at the moment to re-write the article to make sense when it spans two wiki pages. :)
- The reason why I shifted the content to a separate page was because I tend towards cutting down especially long articles like TigerTails Radio to manageable sizes by moving the longest sections (like the episodes section) to separate articles. I can at least endorse putting either content regarding the current season or a summary of the seasons in the TigerTails Radio article's seasons section; that way, the article can still remain at a reasonable size without either ignoring the basic context that the episodes article covers in apparently much-further depth or just including the totality of the episodes within the main article. I'm preparing to create a navbox template to link the articles together, proving better navigational context. --RayneVanDunem 02:42, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
- Sounds good, it would be nice for some details on Season 4 to be on the front page (of the article) but I can add that in when the navbox is prepared. I've been needing to add more Season 4 info anyway as we're close to the end of the season.
 Joined the Wikiproject
Hey, I just joined your Wikiproject on Biographies. I'm already in the midst of compiling a list of the most famous artists, whose article pages are woefully inadequate. Hopefully i'll be able to fill them out a bit.
I'm noticed that Wikifur is pretty...dead. I mean, there's not very many people around. And there's only one Wikiproject that I can see, yours, and barely any userboxes. I'm a bit surprised, I must admit. SilverserenC 05:03, 28 May 2010 (UTC)
- Hey, sorry for the belated reply. Yeah, I set it up a while back in order to help organize the writeup of bio articles in a similar manner as WP's WikiProjects. I haven't the slightest clue as to how to galvanize participation in the WikiProject among members, so at the moment, I just clean up a variety of articles, mark a number as stub (not all, though), and so on. That's probably as far as it can go at the moment. And yes, I think the level of editing or editor participation as levelled out, but it hasn't petered out yet. I'm actually more worried about how the other language versions of WikiFur will be able to catch up with as many articles as the English-language one at the moment (the Russian one has grown rather well, but the Romance language versions are far from getting up to that number of articles). Thanks for joining, and I'll try to create a userbox for the WikiProject in the near future. --RayneVanDunem 06:43, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
- You could try establishing quality guidelines for articles within the relevant category, to give editors a target to strive for. The work is important - articles about people are a big draw for WikiFur.
- WikiFur's number of contributors leveled out and then dropped a little after we moved and fell from rankings, but we're getting back up there and traffic is increasing at a monthly rate of ~7% - we had almost 6000 visitors and 22,600 pageviews yesterday. We also applied abuse filtering after the move, which may have discouraged vandalism attempts that previously showed up as new users. Article size, image count and links are all increasing, so it looks like we kept our regular editing community. I suspect we're just not getting as many articles about random furs who drop by.
- As for the other languages, Russian is clearly the success story - their community has a strong literary tradition, and was founded by an experienced Wikipedia administrator. The Russian WikiFur gets about 20,000 visits a month. Spanish was active for a time, and may be starting to get busy again, while Norwegian is still in its founding spurt. In truth, I think most other furry communities simply don't have the size to support a strong user base. I'd estimate only one in fifty furs are likely to participate significantly (some languages don't have fifty furs), and most can at least read English, which further discourages the use of other languages. Nevertheless, what is there is getting read - German, Spanish, French and Chinese each have over a thousand monthly visitors. --GreenReaper(talk) 15:54, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
 Another deletion request!
Hello, I would like the page Nittrus Nori to be removed, I was known as Nittrus Nori (aka FluffyFox technically only an im name not actuall nickname) and I no longer operate Werescape which has been gone now for over 3 years, so in the interest of cleaning of resources, please delete the page for my name and if it still exists any info on Werescape and Virtual Fandom. I can be reached at email@example.com or on AIM at fluffyfox1982 or Yahoo at thephox1982 Cheers!
 Template:Furry topic?
Where are you thinking of using Template:Furry topic ?
 WikiFur Noticeboard
Hi. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that WikiFur:Noticeboard was recently opened. Your input on any open topics would be appreciated, and please feel free to open new topics as you see fit. --mwalimu 04:36, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
If you're ignoring me across AIm could you please stop? Now that I've been unbanned from WikiFur there's no need to ignore me. Thanks.