From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
Hi there, Pathia, and welcome to WikiFur! Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself - let me know if you need any help not already provided. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 02:36, 4 September 2006 (UTC)
I really don't know what you want or need or mean with 'context'. I clearly state that I spin with LT3M, the show's name is Dragon Metal, and further thus has its own section in my user page. What seems to be the problem? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Pathia (talk • contribs) .
- All I can say is that it was not immediately obvious to me. It would be much clearer if you re-worded the relevant bit of the article Pathia to something like "Dragon Metal, a regular show on Less Than Three Music" (which I think is what you mean?) and then decribed the show in formal prose sentences, not bullet points. -- Sine 03:49, 5 February 2007 (UTC)
Why was this category removed? There's about 20-30 of us total, we're not exactly a small group.Pathia 08:48, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Pathia. We've had some discission and made, I think, a tentative decision to not have categories for members of regional groups. See Category_talk:LAFFurs for talk about that. In any case, we use sentence case, not title case, so the category would have been SOAP members, not SOAP Members. -- Sine 09:01, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
- It's...not a regional group, strictly. The GROUP itself, where it meets is regional, but many have graduated, we're all over the USA now and possibly farther. I really don't understand why regional groups have been nixed. I would disagree with that HIGHLY on general purposes.Pathia 09:33, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
- So where did you put the information on who were the members of that group? It seems silly to just throw it away. Do people have to write "X is a member of Y" on each page; is that better than a category? --GreenReaper(talk) 12:43, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
- Do people have to write "X is a member of Y" on each page; is that better than a category?
- Yes: categories reflect information as presented in the main text of articles, but do not replace it. -- Sine 00:30, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
- To Pathia: I misunderstood the nature of the group, then; I assumed was a student union sort of group, where students are members while they're at the university or college--I see now re-reading SOAP that the public can also be members.
- I've obviously jumped the gun on this category, and I apologise for that. I will happily go back through and re-add a category. I'm not sure if it would be SOAP members or the full name of the organization spelt out. Can we raise this on Talk:SOAP? I'm also going to point towards Category talk:Regional groups in hopes of getting more voices on the members of regional groups sort of categories issue. -- Sine 00:30, 30 December 2008 (UTC)