Hi there, Markus - welcome to WikiFur, and thank you for your contributions so far! If you need any help with the linking system, check out this page, or drop me a line on my user talk page. Again, welcome! --GreenReaper(talk) 14:21, 1 Aug 2005 (UTC)
 StarFox group
Hi. Thanks for the welcome. ^^; This seems to be a confusing topic in my mind as far as sorting, but what would "StarFox" groups like RPG's belong to? Certainly the one I know about so far does not use a MU*, but rather IRC and has it's own Wiki even. --Markus 09:48, 3 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Hmm. Not sure myself. Maybe you should make a new category for roleplaying groups, and then categorize that category page to [[Category:Community]]. You make new categories just by doing [[Category:Whatever]] and then clicking on the link to edit it like any other page. --GreenReaper(talk) 14:03, 3 Aug 2005 (UTC)
Thanks for throwing in the revision. Are only main Wiki editors allowed to roll back, or am I just missing something? --Verix 08:40, 15 Aug 2005 (UTC)
 Catergory People
Hi. [[Category:People]] seems to have an extraneous phrase "and please God shoot all the trolls you see" still in there. --Ingreditur 17:29, 15 Aug 2005 (UTC)
 "Generic" Species redirects
If it's a generic term like 'fox', instead of creating a furry-wiki specific article, I'm going through and pointing those to the English wiki for the subject. Let me know if I've done this erroneously on something like someone's name. Otherwise, don't you agree it makes more sense to link to the general wiki on something generic and focus the wanted pages on furry-specific things? That was my only intention. --BlueOtter
 Misspelling of your name??
Markus, I think the reference to 'Marcus' is misspelled here, but it is a locked page, so I cannot update it.
BlueOtter 01:09, 18 Aug 2005 (UTC)
 People versus Characters
Is the People category meant for real life people and the Characters category meant for their roleplay avatars? If so, I'd propose moving some of the characters currently under People to the proper place. Please let me know by talking back on my user page.
BlueOtter 01:22, 18 Aug 2005 (UTC)
 Another thanks!
'ey, thanks for helping me out with some of the scripting info, Markus ^_^ It worked!
 Anthrocon infobox
 Overruling the great and almighty GR
You know, you can if you want to. :-) My reasoning was that the IP has only ever been used for such massive vandalism, and it is not worth our administrator's time to clear it up each time. We're not Wikipedia where we have admins watching Recent changes 24/7, so repeatedly setting temporary bans doesn't effectively stop the problem. --GreenReaper(talk) 14:47, 3 March 2006 (UTC)
I'm just curious what qualified Sibe:Talk for protection, but not the Sibe article itself ... seems like the Sibe article has been vandalized at least as much as the Talk page. --22.214.171.124 07:46, 26 April 2006 (UTC)
- The main article itself needs to be open in case futher accurate and confirmable information can be added I guess. The talk page is pretty much just a bunch of discussions, but it shouldn't be under protection status too much longer if the vandals stay away for a while. ----Markus(talk) 08:02, 26 April 2006 (UTC)
- The protection was to limit editing the article to registered users only. It shouldn't affect logged in users; it just can't be edited anymore by users who aren't signed in (I didn't know that option existed until I went to protect the first archive, as it contains the most frequently targeted discussion thread). If it doesn't work that way, however, let us know and we'll remove the protection. --mwalimu 12:45, 26 April 2006 (UTC)
I saw that Ricadonna had been banned for 'assisting vandalism' - all I saw was a 'is this loli?' edit that was removed a few minutes later...does that really constitute half a year's worth of being banned? o.O --- Never mind, I just saw that you shortened the ban. Spaz Kitty
- It was shortened carefully. I have an apprehensive attitude about it. Considering that it was very minor and may have been just a mistype or whatever, a six month span would've probably been a bad idea. Two hours was small enough for me, despite feeling apprehensive about the entire thing. ----Markus(talk) 20:42, 28 May 2006 (UTC)
 Extinctioners & Vandalism
Thanks Markus, I appreciate your reply, I hope these attacks stop soon, I put quite an amount of work into that page and to see someone reduce it to nothing more than a vile sentence is just horrible. I was thinking it happened maybe due to the fact it was "Comic of the Week", of course, thats just a thought, anyways, I just wanted to say thanks and if I to see anything like this elsewhere, I'll revert and report, thank you - RVDDP2501 16:37, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
- The nice thing about MediaWiki (the software we use) is that all revisions of an article we store. So recovering an older version of any given article to thwart vandalism is fairly straightforward. --Douglas Muth 17:26, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
 Vandalism protection
I noticed you user page is protected (nice feature), just wondering, how does one go about protecting a page, obviously there are proceedures, resons and what not, I would just like to know how does a page get protected, why and what other info you think i need to know about, I know my page is probably at the bottom of the list of things to protect but I'm just curious, thank you - RVDDP2501 22:19, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
P.S. if this is information you don't like sharing with others especially those you don't really know (myself included), I totally understand and sorry to have bothered you. - RVDDP2501 00:24, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
MARKUS, WE'RE UNDER ATTACK - RVDDP2501 21:58, 28 October 2006 (UTC)
Sorry if I seemed a little paniced when I posted my last message, it was during the attack and I was trying to alert as many admins as I could remember while trying to fix as many pages as I could as well, pages were being re-reverted and so on, you understand - RVDDP2501 00:48, 29 October 2006 (UTC)
 Room 808
Heh, so it is. Good thing you let me know, I would've gone back to the wrong place. :P -- JaeSharp 06:56, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
- No problem. Would've sucked if you used the key on the wrong door. See ya at the table. --Markus(talk) 15:15, 7 July 2007 (UTC)