Hello! Any and all users who would like to contact me should do so here. My responses to you will usually appear only on this page, so if you ask me a question, please keep checking this page for my reply.
Please include a short header above your comment for easier page browsing. Thanks!
- Thank you! --Krishva 07:30, 25 Aug 2005 (UTC)
Just a warning
We have a large number of people here who specialize in combatting vandalism, whether short or long term. Tread very carefully. Almafeta 12:29, 25 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Almafeta, I thought I made it clear on Wikipedia that I felt all your accusations of vandalism were extremely rude and completely unfounded. I have not done anything inappropriate here, nor on Wikipedia (aside from recently posting an angry comment to you, which I was sorry for and apologized for).
- I have no idea why you have a specific beef with me, but I don't appreciate being accused, threatened, and treated in a generally poor manner by other users. I don't know you at all outside of Wikipedia and Wikifur, so please stop behaving as if I've done a terrible wrong to you. I'd like to be able to encounter you on a wiki system or anywhere else without being promptly attacked. --Krishva 01:11, 26 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- I have to say also that I was a little bit surprised that Krishva was warned for vandalism before engaging in any on this site. Is it okay to maybe wait until the crimes are committed before accusing people of them? --Rootdown 01:32, 26 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- No biting :) -Nidonocu - talk 01:49, 26 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Nidonocu: Krishva was one of a small but tenacious group of users that was engaging in a long-term vandalism of all furry-related pages on Wikipedia (VfDing with a pre-determined bloc of votes or merging if she didn't like it, removing all references to the furry fandom if she did, and reverting attempts to expand or error-correct articles). Luckily, she seems to have stopped there, but we need to make sure she and her clique don't start doing so here. Almafeta 13:22, 26 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- I'd be surprised if that happened. Assumably Krishva (hi there!) was just doing so out of a belief that such articles were not sufficiently notable to be present on Wikipedia. Without making a judgement about whether or not that was the case, it definitely cannot be the case here, as this site's purpose is to assist the furry community. --GreenReaper(talk) 13:41, 26 Aug 2005 (UTC)
Responding to your attacks there: Yes, I did remove some significant assertions, but the ones that were taken out were the ones that were not based in fact. And any bias I might have against you have been directly caused by actions on Wikipedia and your personal attacks against me. Almafeta 03:35, 27 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Almafeta, are you denying that I was a furry artist on Yerf? 
- Or that people still remember it? Here is a recent thread on fchan that was brought to my attention, featuring older Yerf art by me and some people (none of whose names I recognize) mentioning me by name and referring to my Yerf gallery.
- I don't know what personal attacks I have made against you that I have not apologized for, but I am sorry for attacking you at any time that I attacked you on wikipedia. As far as my actions on wikipedia: I acted with intentions of keeping wikipedia appropriately encyclopedic and NPOV. I'm sorry you took offense to my actions there, but they weren't meant to offend or upset you. --Krishva 04:02, 27 Aug 2005 (UTC)
Hi! I noticed on the recent changes page that you deleted the Blacksad article as vandalism of some kind. I am not sure of the original content of the page (I didn't see it before it was deleted), but Blacksad is a French comic book featuring exclusively humanoid animal characters, so I would guess it is of interest to the furry fandom based on its content alone. Would you be opposed to the recreation of this article? Also, is mentioning Sibe in an article against the rules of the site? That seemed to be your implication in your deletion comment, and I hope you can clarify that for me. Thanks! --Krishva 05:32, 28 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Hi there! Blacksad is indeed a french comic book. What had happened was that the creator of the article here had copied the entire text of the Wikipedia article and moved it here, and then added a comment about Sibe. The problem was not that the comment was about Sibe per se, but it was that the objective was purely to make a note about Sibe's activities (which they didn't back up with any kind of evidence). They had not fixed up any of the redlinks that were previously to Wikipedia articles, which indicated to me that they were creating the page to try to make a point rather than make a good article page (the edit line I don't see how pointing out Sibe's activities is irrelevant, I thought he was furry also suggested that they had an axe to grind).
- I also considered the context - the creator of the article had previously been copying unrelated articles over with no addition of information, and they had also been making edits that could be viewed as "troublesome" - I encourage you to review the list yourself and make your own decision.
- There is certainly room for an article on the book here, quite possibly based off that article. I certainly didn't think that was a good start for it, though, so I deleted it. If you wish for the article to exist again, it should be easy enough to copy it again. Please make sure it has fewer red links when you do it! :-)