Hi KodaSquirrel, Welcome to WikiFur! Thank you for registering an account - we look forward to working with you. Let us know if you need any help not already provided. If you would like help creating an article or just editing it, don't hesitate to consult the Furry Book of Style or just contact an administrator. Have a nice day! :-) --GingerM (Leave me a message) 03:18, 8 March 2011 (UTC)
- No problem, Koda. A suggestion: you can 'sign' your comments on talk pages and forum pages by putting ~~~~ (that's four tildes) at the end of your comment. That will put your name, the date and time. Also you can format your name if you like by setting a format in your preferences. --GingerM (Leave me a message) 00:41, 9 April 2011 (CEST)
Answering your forum question
Okay! Well I DO have a question and it is about pages. I need to know cause I read the help guides and stuff but I'm still confused. I want to create one of those User:(name) pages that everyone else has. and I want to edit the Klonoa page cause I am an expert on everything Klonoa :) and add a page on Janga of The Poison Claws, a specific character from the Klonoa series. I just don't know how to go about with the Headings and stuff. I get confused. Sorry :(
Koda Squirrel at you serv---oooh butterfly! 00:06, 9 April 2011 (CEST)
- Hello, KodaSquirrel! I can give you a few pointers if you like. First, every user who has a named account here - such as yours - has a User:name account. For example, yours is User:KodaSquirrel. If it shows up as a red link (which is the case right now) all that means is that the page does not exist. Creating the page is simplicity itself. Click on the red link - you can use the one right here in my comment - and it will take you to a page named "Editing User:KodaSquirrel", and below that it will say "You've followed a link to a page that doesn't exist yet. To create the page, start typing in the box below (see the help page for more info). If you are here by mistake, just click your browser's back button." Below that text will be a box to start typing anything you want. Scroll down a little and you'll find three buttons - one named "Save page", one named "Show Preview" and one named "Show Changes". Saving the page for the first time will create the page. If you want to check what the page will look like without saving it, use the page preview button. It's a good idea to do this as you work on the page so you can see how you're getting along. Once the page is done to your satisfaction (for now, at least), click on the "Save Page" button and presto! You have your very own User:KodaSquirrel page!
- Most people use their User page to comment about themselves a bit. An article about you is more formal, more fact-driven and will be edited by others as well. Wiki manners generally don't encourage others to edit User pages unless there's a major problem.
- As for headings, you do those by putting one or more equal signs before and after a header, like this:
This was made with two equal signs
- ==This was made with two equal signs==
This was made with three equal signs
- ===This was made with three equal signs===
- and so on. As it says in the cheat sheet, you should not use the top-level headers (one equal sign). Also have a look at editing help, and the templates pages. The various cool little userboxes and links to character articles and stuff can be done so easily with templates that already exist; you don't have to create them yourself.
- I hope this has been helpful! --GingerM (Leave me a message) 01:23, 9 April 2011 (CEST)