Bundaberg Furries on Channel 7
I noticed on Timeline of media coverage that it had the news Paper links to the Story about the Furries in the Bindabergbvg Botanic Gardens and I thought this link of a clip of channel 7's coverage might be useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYpZAMUtEwg&feature=youtube_gdata_player . I'm not entirely sure if I should add it myself, or if theres some submission process to do so, so I figured I should pass the link onto you :3 -- KaiAdin 06:39, 18 August 2012 (EDT)
- Hello, KaiAdin. There's no submission process for the Timeline of media coverage, so feel free to edit it yourself and add in the link to Channel 7's coverage. Thanks for the info!--Higgs Raccoon 13:17, 18 August 2012 (EDT)
Motivations behind all the Stubs on AU furries.
Hiya Higgs Raccoon, a few of the local furries I know have recently discovered the Stub pages on them that you created, which has caused a small discussion on twitter to occur.
I'm kinda curious at why you do this, and where you initially gather the names of the furries that have made articles about.
I personally don't mind the page you created on me, but some are of the opinion that it perhaps would be nice if you asked peeps first for permission to post such things (even if they may be easily googled and such).
Anyway, I'm sorry if this isn't the most appropriate forum to ask you this, but it seems to be the most logical, since you're the initial creator of all of these stubs! Thanks --KaiAdin 07:10, 24 September 2012 (EDT)
- Let's see... Why do I create stub articles? A variety of reasons, I guess. Being a scientist, recording and cataloguing things goes with the territory. Also, I think the fandom as a whole is worth recording. And not just all the well-known artists, fursuiters, convention organisers, etc. I think more everyday furries should be included, too, so that WikiFur records a more complete cross-section of the fandom. As to why I create stubs on the AU furries, that's because I'm an Ozfurry myself (though I don't get to be there that often anymore.)
- As to where I gather the names... all sorts of places. LiveJournal, Fur Affinity (with its ready-made list of Ozfurs), Twitter (yes, WikiFur knows when you're talking about us), the Fursuit Database, WikiFur itself (lots of red links to google)... pretty much anywhere furries gather online.
- Because the information included in articles is gleaned from public profiles that appear in the simplest google searchs (I, for one, don't bother digging for information), WikiFur doesn't have any policy regarding asking permission first. Feel free to open a discussion about it on the Policies and Guidelines page, if you like. Of course, anyone who has an article here and wants its removed is welcome to request personal exclusion.--Higgs Raccoon 17:27, 24 September 2012 (EDT)
- Hehe, Yea I figured you'd find the mentions on twitter. As I said I'm not personally opposed to it, I was just curious myself as to why! Thanks again for clearing that up :3 -- KaiAdin 21:03, 24 September 2012 (EDT)