Welcome to WikiFur! Thank you for telling us about yourself. We here at WikiFur look forward to working with you. Let us know if you need any help not already provided. If you would like help continuing to create the article you were working on, or any other article, don't hesitate to consult the Furry Book of Style or just contact a colleague. Have a nice day! :-)--EarthFurst 05:22, 25 June 2007 (UTC)
is it the goal of wiki to keep misinformation also known as pages that are completely broken?
thought i was doing a favor when i checked into the boinc page.
after removing the dead one i immidatly replaced it with a new page with current info.
- FurSETI is still an active group, running on BOINC's software, working on the SETI extraterrestrial signal detection project. The reason you won't find FurSETI on http://boinc.bakerlab.org/ is because this site is dedicated to the Rosetta@home project, dedicated to develop computational methods that accurately predict and design protein structure and protein complexes for medical purposes.
- Vandalism is coming here, blanking a page, and walking away. Don't. If you have a problem with an article discuss it first on the entry's talk page, which would have point you out the discrepancies on your findings.
- As for your BOINC entry, BOINC is not furry related, and, all though there's a "Furry" group, unless is more set as FurSETI, a Rosetta@home furry group with one member does not (yet) warrant an entry. If you did it to entice people to join, Wikifur is an historical database, not an advertising medium Spirou 22:54, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
--KaeCyphet-- Alright. I apalogise for the removal, instead maybe make notes to check the currency of these historical pages is a better approach. as for your arguement, FurSETI is not furry related either. if there is information out there on the cutting edge of technology, wouldnt you want to know about it? hence the mention of BOINC. same creators, same distributed computing, same effort, but instead of pointing at the sky, it points in reverse, into ourselves. i personally am very proud of who/what i am, and having my first contributed page being shot down kinda puts a damper on helping the wiki community. i feel that any new venue of coming closer to furry goals is important, no matter if its proven or not. nothing new would come to this world if there wasnt support for it. as for the historical nature of this site, you should prolly take down the upcoming convention section on the main page as they havent happened yet.
- Hello Kae. I looked at your contribution history and didn't see what page you want reinstated. I'll have to look around delete log(s). If it was the Furry Rosetta@home team, I'm wondering if you were aware of FurRosetta (with 8 members)
- BTW, comments on talk pages can be signed by putting cursor at the end of your comment and (a) typing four tildes (~~~~) or (b) click the signature icon in the edit toolbar --EarthFurst 04:39, 25 June 2007 (UTC)
i was unaware of that team as there is no page for it on the wiki ;)
if you search teams in BOINC using the term "fur" you get a bunch of german results. i was going for a term that could be easily searched.
the page that was deleted was called BOINC it had a pagefull of information and links. was hoping someone would come through and clean it up as im not as avid as others are here. Kaecyphet 07:16, 25 June 2007 (UTC)