User talk:Jigsaw Forte
Welcome aboard to WikiFur!
Hi Jigsaw Forte, Welcome to WikiFur! Thank you for registering an account - we look forward to working with you. Let us know if you need any help not already provided. If you would like help creating an article or just editing it, don't hesitate to consult the Furry Book of Style or just contact a curator. Have a nice day! -- Banrai 13:52, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
- Since the article has a certain amount of length there, I think personal info needs to be separated from history, and then history needs to be given in order (and perhaps taken to the bottom of the page, unless you find it hideously important).
- I find the very tops of pages should be a section for general info to help familiarize people with the subject at hand; everything else can (and for your level of information, probably should) be in appropriate sections further down the page. Jigsaw Forte 14:44, 9 October 2007 (UTC)
August Yifu article
The vanity tag wasn't needed; as described in the policy What WikiFur is, pages about yourself are totally encouraged, as long as they otherwise are consistent with the content goals of WikiFur.
It's totally possible that there were things in the article that needed to be addressed; don't let this keep you from working on them, but being a vanity page wasn't one of the problems. --Rat 10:16, 12 October 2007 (UTC)
Oh, one more thing, in regards to your edit summary on , when some furries live in or work in places where they can be harmed just for being a furry, I don't think it's wrong to respect requests not to use a real name. It doesn't add anything to use a real name when all the dealings with the fandom are under a fan name. --Rat 10:22, 12 October 2007 (UTC)
- The vanity page tag was added because I found the whole discussion about his previous fursonae and fetishes to be fairly above and beyond the scope of what WikiFur needs to offer. Having a personal page with current fursona details is perfectly fine, but August's page went above and beyond this. At some point the ED test has to kick in somewhere in the form of "Could someone make a personal attack about me with this information?", and August's page fails this test on several counts.
- As far as the naming issue goes, I was being a little snarky (my bad) in the edit summary because he had left commented-out instructions not to put his last name in there for just such a purpose. Given the content of the page I'd hardly blame him, but then again, if I were in his position and so afraid of losing my reputation, I would question the benefits of having a catalog of extreme fetishes listed under any name, fursona or otherwise, especially when he gave so much other information that he could still be traced down with. (After all, I'm sure there are so many Austins that just turned 18 working the truck unloading shift at the Calgary Wal-Mart... and all that information is just in the first paragraph of the article! And he's worried about his last name?!)
- There are valid reasons to have personal pages as well as not wishing to disclose real life information. I just happen to find August's page in its current form to be a little too personal and a little too 'informative', both for the good of the Wiki and for August's own good.
- Oy. No wonder people have a field day with MySpace. Jigsaw Forte 13:25, 12 October 2007 (UTC)
- The fact that anyone takes ED seriously makes me kinda giggle. Besides, without a last name, any ED article is more trying to stir up some lulz than actually attack people. The only real way it'd do any amount of damage is if it had a last name. And even then, how much damage would that do, given that only parts of the fandom and a few select internet communities know about ED in the first place, and that any poor sap that happens to come across it is probably going to realize that the entire site is about satire? You give them too much credit.
- Also, I'm fairly certain that anyone wanting to do a web search to trace background history, or even just find choice gossip on someone isn't going to use Wikifur, they're going to use Google. Go ahead and try it yourself; take that info in the first paragraph, which you insist is so good at pinning him down, and find his WikiFir article in Google.
- As far as what's good for August, you're not his mother. In fact, I doubt you've ever even spoken to him. As far as what's good for the Wiki, the last I remember it was about presenting factual and neutral information, whether that information be highly personal or not. Just because you don't feel like reading something doesn't mean it can't be here. I'm pretty sure that if everyone just up and got rid of everything in WikiFur they didn't want to read, there'd be no WikiFur.
- In any case, since you're being insistent, I removed the fetishism parts of the article. I'll leave it up to August to decide if he wants to put everything back in. Koebi 18:39, 12 October 2007 (UTC)
Butthurt, butthurt, butthurt, butthurt. All this ruckus because your vanity template was epic fail? Either way, thanks for the stepping stone, just throw a few more in there for me, wouldya?—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) .