User talk:Higgs Raccoon/Archive 5
This is an archived page. Additional talk should take place on User Talk:Higgs_Raccoon.
- 1 Entry for Lynxcat (formerly Nessa)
- 2 Entry for Uaine Sionnach
- 3 Moving Equivamp
- 4 Draconas
- 5 Fritter Wiki
- 6 Yay added people
- 7 Entry for Shaui Raccoon
- 8 People to Add
- 9 I've started another list project
- 10 Many Thanks for the Surprise!
- 11 Editing Help?
- 12 Deleting my article
- 13 Bad Dragon
- 14 Stolen username
- 15 Thanks
- 16 FursonaPod cast
- 17 Entry from Shroud
- 18 Page move
- 19 Link for Art Credit
- 20 Please remove Twinkie Ottah
- 21 Brief Question
- 22 Hello There
- 23 A WikiFur page for my mate
- 24 Page Deletion?
- 25 Thank you!
Entry for Lynxcat (formerly Nessa)
Hi, Higgs -
In searching on Nessa's page, I saw that you had updated it with my nick, RL name, birth date, and location, as well as included my LJ. I'd really appreciate it if you'd change it back to just Nessa and remove all identifying information from the article and from its history - it is exceptionally important to me to keep the real life unawares, for employment purposes, etc.
Thanks much for understanding! - Lynxcat
-- ETA2: I was able to check in with GreenReaper in #wikifur and he was able to take care of it for me. I'd definitely appreciate if it didn't go back up. Thanks! :) --
- Perhaps wherever it came from should be examined - did they really intend to link real names and fandom names? --GreenReaper(talk) 23:55, 21 August 2011 (EDT)
- The real name (which I myself tend not to include in articles) originally appeared in this deleted edit by User:Skippyfox. The edit got deleted when the Lynxcat article was merged with the existing Nessa article, but the text itself (with the name) got copied over as part of the merge. As for the birthdate and location, they were simply lifted from LiveJournal.--Higgs Raccoon 01:16, 22 August 2011 (EDT)
Entry for Uaine Sionnach
Hi there, just wanted to say thanks for tidying up my page a little. It looks much neater now, and will be easier for me to expand on in future. :)
UaineSionnach 10:10, 26 August 2011 (EDT)
- No problem, Uaine.--Higgs Raccoon 10:13, 26 August 2011 (EDT)
I'm curious as to why you went through the process of deleting Equivamp's article, moving the revision over, and restoring the old edits. Wouldn't it have been quicker to just cut and paste, or am I overlooking something?--Higgs Raccoon 23:10, 4 September 2011 (EDT)
- Perhaps, but it would have left the edits made by Equivamp separate. I felt it was better to keep them all together. --GreenReaper(talk) 23:12, 4 September 2011 (EDT)
Hey thank's for doing my page thing, appreciate it ^^--Draconas 23:58, 4 September 2011 (EDT)
I appreciate the compromise, but there is only so much reference I can provide before getting the documents from my lawyer. Beyond that, AshleyAshes has a personal vendetta against myself and my boyfriend, so he's been consistently stalking that page with intent of slandering me. I need this changed so that my career in the future is not jeopardized. If it means it, I will take it up personally with GreenReaper to have the page removed all together, or at least modified to my liking as soon as I have the official court documents in a few days. Until then, I really have no wish of resting until the mention of those charges is stripped. I will find contact info for all mods if need be, to reach out to either my lawyer or the Ottawa courts, to verify. There is only so much citation online that backs up information like this.
-Fritter, 12:52PM EST
hello, I have no idea how to navigate around this website. I presume you are a curator? I am 'Roma Violet' and I would like to request for my page to be deleted, as it isn't in favour of my privacy and I am not a part of this community. Thank you
Yay added people
Terribly impressed by what all you've been able to find and get in place from the People to add list. Just wanted to let you know! -- Sine 12:47, 17 October 2011 (EDT)
- Thanks Sine. I think between the two of us we've managed to whittle a fair chunk out the list, and there are still some I'm sure I can make articles for.
- I'd welcome your thoughts on those I've tried searching for without success, but not outright deleted. (There are some names where there are plenty of Google hits, but nothing that immediately springs out as relevant.) --Higgs Raccoon 10:17, 20 October 2011 (EDT)
Entry for Shaui Raccoon
Hello fellow raccoon,
What a surprise to have found an article written about me, I wonder why it was added to begin with.
Dear Higgs, you at least wrote an accurate stub, and the part about my fursona having two forms and the origin of the word shaui, you did great hehe ^^ -Shaui Raccoon p.s. mr fish clerk and baron bach aren't really my pseudonyms, just to fill in that space on FA
People to Add
I wonder if you could suggest a direction for the People to Add list? In particular, what should be done with names that defy a reasonable amount of research? Take "Susan Gui" or "John T Baptist", for example. Neither have any mention within WikiFur, and Google searches combined with obvious words like "furry", "furries", "fursona", "anthropomorphic", etc, produce no relevant hits. Neither do Google Groups searches or trying to guess a Fur Affinity account name.
Should such names be left, or removed?--Higgs Raccoon 17:25, 27 October 2011 (EDT)
- I'd suggest removing them, on the basis that placement on the list is only useful if other people know who you're talking about. If the original adder really wants to make that article, they can always do that. --GreenReaper(talk) 17:29, 27 October 2011 (EDT)
I've started another list project
Many Thanks for the Surprise!
Thank you for a surprise stub, and the swift clean up. I was most surprised to see someone had bothered to post about me! Sorry for the mumbo-jumbo. You must have one heck of a furry network going on there - you find us from all over the place!
Anyhoo, thanks again, and great work on all your stub... Stubbing? Stub-making? Thanks for helping to connect the community!
Hey, I keep trying to edit the Wiki page Kara_Rawr, trying to detach it from my old, dead username Karatzue, but it keeps getting reverted. Can we talk about this? Thanks for any help!
. . .
I'm a newbie to the WikiFur thing, and these flags on my page, Onyx Forepaw, the one Equivamp made for me, I don't really know how to edit to confirm to the standards... Any tips you could give me so I can make my page better, hence getting rid of the flags? Thanks! c:
Deleting my article
Hi. Can you please remove the article about myself, Tikuko? I don't know what proof you need that it's me other than this is my account and I created and am probably the only person that has edited the article. Thank you.--Tikuko 16:41, 18 December 2011 (EST)
That bit of information was added after 18.104.22.168's reason: "BD was asked to not show up at anthrocon altogether. Will not attend". If this was true, I added in with references tags. If he didn't follow up with one it would have been deleted - Spirou 21:25, 15 January 2012 (EST)
My name is Urthdigger and I was recently informed that there was a page about me on here. I'm pleased with how my page looks now, but not so much with it's creation: On top of the original being unflattering, they used my name as their username to create that page. I wonder if it might be possible to remove their access to that username and let me use it? Considering they used that name to make a page about me, I believe it's a case of them trying to imitate me, and not simply a case of someone having the same name. --22.214.171.124 23:27, 25 January 2012 (EST)
- Hello, Urthdigger. You may want to direct your query to GreenReaper. Although I'm a curator here on WikiFur, I don't think I have the ability to alter account details like that. GR will know if it is possible or not.--Higgs Raccoon 02:33, 26 January 2012 (EST)
Thank you for fixing up parts of Corsi's page that I'd missed Jester Spearmann
Entry from Shroud
Hey, Shroud here. Thanks for adding me! I was shocked when I found out that I'd gained enough recognition to be listed here without intervention. Been about a half hour and I'm still shocked haha. *hugs you tight*
Link for Art Credit
I'm trying to add a link to the user Qzurr as I've credited him on my artwork but you keep deleting the link and say that it's irrelevant. How is that not relevant as he's credited and he's on Wikifur?—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Kikivuli (talk • contribs) .
- You do not seem to understand what the External Links section is for. It is for listing links to off-WikiFur webpages which are directly related to the subject of the article. So, for example, an article on "Furry X" might include external links to Furry X's LiveJournal, Fur Affinity page, and YouTube channel. The external links section would not include a link to a webpage concerning someone else (for example, someone who drew Furry X's avatar).
- You have already noted in the caption of your portrait that the artwork was by Qzurr, and wikilinked it to Qzurr's WikiFur page. That's all you need to do here.--Higgs Raccoon 17:43, 23 April 2012 (EDT)
Please remove Twinkie Ottah
Hi Higgs Raccoon! How do I go about getting my page ( Twikie ) Or ( Twinkie Ottah ) removed? what proof do you need that would confirm it's me? This was my old FA page and as you'll see, I have mentioned your name as a shout regarding Wikifur: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/twinkie-ottah/ You could also email me at plutoforever @ gmail . com for any further info or I'll look back here soon. Many thanks. Twinkie Ottah.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) .
- The FA shout is sufficient as proof of identity. As per your wishes, the article about you has now been deleted and locked against further editing. If you ever change your mind in future, you can contact any curator to have the article reinstated.--Higgs Raccoon 05:13, 16 May 2012 (EDT)
Greetings. A minor edit was made to the Dwale entry wherein the image was "thumbnailed." Yet, there seems to be no observable difference. What was the purpose of this edit? This user is still new but wishes to do things properly. Thank you for your time. Dwale 17:38, 17 May 2012 (EDT)
- I made that adjustment because it is the preferred way of displaying images of WikiFur. Now, for that particular image it doesn't make any difference, but you would see a difference should the image ever be replaced with one of greater dimensions. "Frame" displays images at 100% size, which, for a large image, would look awkward. "Thumb", on the other hand, allows the image to be shrunk to a more presentable size (but allows a reader to view the full-size image by clicking on it).--Higgs Raccoon 17:50, 17 May 2012 (EDT)
- I see. I this case, I cropped the image before uploading so that I wouldn't have to fool with anything like that, but I see your point. Dwale 20:38, 17 May 2012 (EDT)
Hi. I don't plan on registering, sorry, but I have a question. Why do people make Furry Fandom so disturbing? I wrote an opinion about it to wonder why it is the way it is. Do you know why? Thanks. 188.8.131.52 19:27, 4 June 2012 (EDT)
A WikiFur page for my mate
- The easiest way to get an article on your mate is to start one yourself. It's quite easy, just go to Veedway Constantine and start typing. There are plenty of articles on WikiFur that you can copy to get the style right, and we have some Help pages which explain how to edit.--Higgs Raccoon 12:09, 10 June 2012 (EDT)
I apologize for asking this, but, seeing as you're the one who has edited my page the most time other than myself, could you delete my page Keith Nightclaw? It is rather useless to the site as I am, by all means, not well known and the fact that the information is useless due to the many name changes I go through. If not, could you direct me to someone who can or explain why it cannot be deleted? Thanks for any and all help. If you need any proof, I can prove so on my furaffinity account, http://www.furaffinity.net/user/milesrosethefox/, which is noted in the page. Other than that, the only proof i have is that I am the one who created the page.
- You don't necessarily have to be well-known to be included in WikiFur, and, if you change your name, the article can always be updated to reflect that. Still, if you wish to have the article about you deleted then it can be. If you put a brief note on your FA page then I'll take that as proof of identity, and go ahead and remove the article.--Higgs Raccoon 13:03, 23 June 2012 (EDT)
If so, then I guess there is no harm in keeping the page. I'll just have to update it whenever the information changes. I was trying to cover my tracks to make sure people I know offline did not find out anything about me, hence the deletion of some info this morning and the request; seeing as there are numerous pages with birthdays omitted, I guess that would be the only thing that would need to be omitted.
I apologize for taking up your time, Higgs. I should have thought this out more and did not. --Keith Nightclaw
Thank you for the rename, and for the article cleanup! --Ink 12:55, 6 July 2012 (EDT)