User talk:Higgs Raccoon/Archive 3
This is an archived page. Additional talk should take place on User Talk:Higgs_Raccoon.
- 1 Ragtooth
- 2 Areku Detritus
- 3 New articles!
- 4 My edits to Black Teagan
- 5 Tower Article
- 6 Stop editing my page!
- 7 Sorry.
- 8 Hello, erm, could you help me out
- 9 Exclusion of Tredanse
- 10 Welcome
- 11 Brallion's Page
- 12 My page
- 13 Please Higgs Raccoon, Pimp my page!
- 14 A little bit of help...
- 15 thanks alot
- 16 thanks from another one
- 17 Thank you
- 18 Pictures off
- 19 Thank you!
- 20 Edits to p0rt~
- 21 Patrick Robbins
- 22 Thanks for the revert
- 23 For your awareness
- 24 What gives?
- 25 Favour to ask
- 26 Youtube
- 27 your comment on helping pawz
- 28 Baaww <3
- 29 Hello
- 30 User:Oh hai thar
- 31 Request for Review
- 32 Request For Review
- 33 Update review requested
- 34 A Kind Thank You
- 35 Page Removal
I dunno where to put this. That is me on http://en.wikifur.com/w/index.php?title=User:Ragtooth&action=edit&redlink=1 trying to delete that page. It revealed infomation about me which i did bot authroise anyone to use. Could you please delete it. Thanks
Hope this is the right place to put this. XD
Thank you so much for fixing the bad edit that random troll did on my page "Areku Detritus". I would never of caught it because I don't come here often. You are awesome.
I've been meaning to tell you for some time--it's a pleasure working with you. I enjoy creating stubs and seeing you frequently soon add to them with external links and so forth. And you create elegeant stubs yourself!
I wanted to mention that I'm not planning to create many new articles for a time; I like the idea of our hitting ten thousand total articles soon after we move to wikifur.com, rather than while we're still at Wikia, and I'm not sure how our rate of growth will co-incide with the move schedule. So I'm focusing on cleanup, including some merging and deletion, for now. -- Sine 16:22, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hello Sine, and thankyou for your kind words! I'm glad you approve of my own stubs and the additions to yours - as you're one of the biggest contributors here, I've tried to mimic your style and learn from your corrections.
- I might follow your lead and cut down on the creation of new articles. It would be kind of nice if the rollover to 10,000 articles occurs with WikiFur established in its new home. I dare say there's enough cleaning up and tweaking to be done in the meantime. --Higgs Raccoon 19:18, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
My edits to Black Teagan
Er, actually I was entirely serious. Nice job assuming good faith. 126.96.36.199 22:15, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
- Hi, this is Elfasi, I met BlackTeagan at Eurofurence just a few weeks back, took photographs too, and I can confirm she is very much female. Is there a reason why this isn't reflected in her wikifur page?
--Elfasi 22:22, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
- You expect good faith to be assumed when an anonymous editor changes someone's gender in a 2-year-old article, and doesn't even bother to add a few words about *why* such a radical change is necessary? If Black Teagan is actually female, go ahead and make the change, but please explain such an edit at the article's talk page. References would be a good idea, too. --Higgs Raccoon 22:48, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
- shrugs* I assumed nothing, just somebody made the edit when I pointed out the error in a public forum, I followed up the result. Given the lack of history on the subject and a deletion on the subject in the talk page, I did however wonder if this error was here for a reason. I will make a proper citation and edit tomorrow. --Elfasi 22:54, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
I just found out I had an article yesterday and there is some things that have become obselete.
If you want to discuss this, can you contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org?
Huzzahandglitz 21:31, 11 October 2008 (UTC)
- Hello, Huzzahandglitz,
- As WikiFur is a wiki, every user is able to (and encouraged to) edit any article at any time. So if there's something in the article Tower you'd like to change or add to, feel free to just go ahead and edit it.
- If you are unfamiliar with editing wikis, there are a few tips and pointers Here. --Higgs Raccoon 17:41, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
Stop editing my page!
I have set the categories to the way I see fit and the best way for others to find me. Please do not edit my page again.--Xavier 03:30, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
Sorry for that, I'm used to doing edits like that without using the preview button. Sometimes it's just not the same looking at it from the preview view as it does like to mess around with some code on a page and misplace alignment.
But I'll try to in the future. Shiekie 14:21, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
Hello, erm, could you help me out
I'm going to clean up the article definitly, but erm, how do I link myself to the People page? I dont see my name on the list and I honestly have no clue how to add it.. -Audiofox
- Hello Audiofox. Your article will appear on the people page if you open the article in the edit window and, at the very end, include the category tag for people:
- At the bottom of other people's Articles, you'll see a list of categories that are relevant to them, and that should give you an idea of what categories are available. At a glance at your article, you could also include [[Category:Artists]], [[Category:Babyfurs]], [[Category:Fox characters]], [[Category:Indiana]], and [[Category:1992 births]]. --Higgs Raccoon 07:42, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
Exclusion of Tredanse
- Hello Tredanse. Could you put a note on, say, your deviantART account, confirming your wish to be excluded? (Just as a double-check of identity, you understand.)--Higgs Raccoon 11:13, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
Hi, can I receive a welcome message, too? Real96 21:01, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- Done. ;) --Higgs Raccoon 07:51, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
Hey, I noticed you set up a page for me! I just wanted to say thanks! Brallion 03:40, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Brallion. I noticed you'd created an account, so I wrote an article on you. As it was only a brief stub, I'm glad you jumped in and fleshed it out with some details.--Higgs Raccoon 19:11, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
Hello! I just wanted to thank you for adding my page. I'm pretty new at proper wiki editing, so you'll have to excuse me if some of my edits were a bit spastic. :) Any advice you can give me? What did I do wrong so far? Thanks!—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Dorn otter (talk • contribs) .
- Hi there, Dorn, and welcome to WikiFur. As an article existed at "Dorn Otter" before "Dorn", the most recent edits I made on your page were to move the original over to "Dorn" (which keeps the page's history intact). What advice can I give you? Hmm... the Article Dorn should be written in a formal manner, as befits an encyclopaedia. For anything you want to write with a more casual tone (for example, any future plans or personal thoughts on anything), you can place it in your User Page (User:Dorn otter).
- What might you put in your formal Article? It's up to you, perhaps some information on when/how you joined the furry fandom and how you arrived at an otter fursona? If you've attended any conventions, you could list them, as well as any furry activities you're regularly involved in (creating artwork/fursuiting?) An image of your fursona could be inserted, as well.
- Don't worry about doing anything wrong, there are numerous editors around who will help tweak things and get them in order. Good luck!--Higgs Raccoon 17:59, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
Please Higgs Raccoon, Pimp my page!
I'm new to WikiFur and I need some help to make my page look good. Please, pimp my page. Sasha Winterforest Shadoweye 18:58, 29 January 2009 (GMT+1). If you need info, then ask me on FA.
- Well remember, you are more than welcome to edit your own page (or any page). In fact, you are encouraged to do so.--Higgs Raccoon 19:39, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
A little bit of help...
I'm in need of trying to figure out what else to put into my fursona's article, Salem Adams Kusanaga. I'm kinda stuck at the moment, and what should I put in it? --Rabbitdude 16:13, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- There are many, many articles about People on WikiFur. Perhaps you should browse for a while and get a feel for what information has been put in other articles. Remember, though, don't add to your article just for the sake of making it longer. A short, concise article is better than a long waffling one. If you have a good fursona image, you might like to include it in your article.--Higgs Raccoon 17:47, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- The magic of google!--Higgs Raccoon 10:37, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
thanks from another one
Thank you for doing my page as well! (I'm happy!) Google, huh? Is that how you found my YouTube page? Samhain-the-Dark 01:48, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, that's right! (Plus, you mention having one on your FA page.)--Higgs Raccoon 14:41, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for keeping the UFA article free from trolls ^^ Gato Gris 16:12, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
Higgs, can you delete this following pictures in your wikifur databasis:
I just wanna say thank you for doing my page. I appreciate you taking your time! C ya later! :) - Paul Shepherd
Edits to p0rt~
Content being deleted per owner, If you would be so kind, Delet the name links as well, if you have questions per this request email me at p0rtwolf @ Yahoo.com—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Zooohan (talk • contribs) .
- In order to verify your identity, could you log in under your previous WikiFur account (User:Portwolf)? Otherwise, a brief note "Please delete me from WikiFur" in the profile of your LiveJournal would demonstrate that you're the same Portwolf as in the article.--Higgs Raccoon 19:26, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
Sorry for the hastily need to purge data however some need has come up to do such, Please see, http://p0rtwolf.livejournal.com/67356.html At least this isn’t as bad as attempting to defeat the google machine.
- OK, that's fine. I've deleted your article and its edit history, and locked it against further changes. If you change your mind in future you can contact an administrator and have the entry unlocked.--Higgs Raccoon 19:48, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
I would like to request a personal exclusion for Patrick Rangerwolf (Patrick Robbins). Thank you. 188.8.131.52 13:59, 24 April 2009 (UTC)Patrick Robbins
Thanks for the revert
Yo, comrade! Thanks for protecting my page. ^^ Cid SilverWing 21:24, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
For your awareness
Please see User talk:GreenReaper#Suspicious new account activity. --mwalimu 16:41, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
I just received this in email: "The summary of the edit is: 'Article pages should not redirect to User pages'"
I also noticed you have the same kind of page set up as what I had.
The purpose of said page was so that entries in categories would look better. It is far better to do this than to have "User:Blah" appear which is much less aesthetically pleasing.
Why did you delete that page?
-- 18:23, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- On WikiFur, there may be information on a person in two different places. The first place is their User Page (eg User:Xaomeow). User pages can contain whatever a user likes, and can be written in whatever style they find pleasing.
- The second place is their Article, should they or someone else write one. (An article might go at Xao Silverclaws, for example). Unlike a User Page, which can be casually written, Articles have to conform to WikiFur's style guide, which means writing in a formal, enyclopaedic manner.
- It's not considered proper for an Article to simply redirect to a User Page. Thankyou for pointing out someone made an article under my name which pointed to my User Page - this shouldn't be so I have removed the redirect.--Higgs Raccoon 20:36, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- Gotcha! Okay, I looked at the one you created and I'll go by what you have there. I can put the bulk of the content in that article along with category listings and with a link to my userpage should anyone be curious or want to talk via wiki. Hadn't considered that before, thanks! --Xao Silverclaws 21:25, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
Favour to ask
I appreciate all the edits and everything but there are some categories to which my article fits. Namely,
Why is it that these categories are not allowed on my article? I am a member of each and, as such, I believe it is appropriate.
- Categories should reflect the content of an Article's text. Hence, you need to add text to the article that would justify them. For example, you would need to add a few sentences describing yourself in the Article as an otherkin, therian, etc. Categories that aren't indicated by an Article's content tend to get removed.--Higgs Raccoon 07:38, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
Hey there, i removed the youtube link from my page as that youtube profile is old (been deleted now), i am currently working on a new furry youtube for second life videos and other furry stuff ^^ --Rohan Mint 23:45, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
your comment on helping pawz
Thx for your comment in this "helping pawz is not furry"-thingie ! It's allways funny if people answer with hard facts to rubbish-posts. The furry-fandom is an endless source of fun. :)
- Thank you for making a page for me! I was surprised when I randomly googled myself and found my page on here <3 I'll provide any other information for you if you're ever interested in expanding it C: thank you!! you made my day! ChapperIce 05:50, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
Hi there. I'm HornetV2. A friend recommended me to talk to you about creating an article about myself. Also if it is not much to ask, I wanna know if I can also create a separated article for my work. HornetV2 04:44, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- Hello, HornetV2, and welcome to WikiFur.
- Creating articles is fairly easy. If you click here: HornetV2, you'll find a place where you might create an article about yourself. It's empty at the moment, so you'll need to add some text. If you browse around WikiFur's other articles, you'll get a feel for the style it needs to have. It should be written as a factual, neutrally-worded encyclopaedia article. There are also some help pages here: Help:Contents
- As a registered user, you'll also have a User Page at User:HornetV2. This, too, is empty at the moment, but this is where you can write about yourself in a more person, casual way. (ie it doesn't have to be in the formal manner of your Article page.)
- Your work should not have its own page, but you can describe it as part of your Article page (HornetV2). You should not host your work on WikiFur, but if it's on deviantART or Fur Affinity, or wherever, then you can includes links to those pages on your Article.--Higgs Raccoon 19:15, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
- I can't speak for Higgs but I will unblock if they apologize and ask for it. I turned on editing their own talk page to give them the opportunity. --Rat 19:33, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
Request for Review
As it's impossible to leave Spirou a message on his Talk page, and requests for review are being ignored on the article's talk pages, I'll once again point out the draft page is now ready for review. —Xydexx 14:56, 21 September 2009 (UTC)
Request For Review
Once again, the Popping draft page is ready for review. In the continued interest of not wasting everyone's time, it'd be really peachy if one of the Admins could finally resolve this long-neglected issue no later than October 24 2009, 11:59 PM EDT —Xydexx 19:37, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
Update review requested
I have updated my page with the requested information, please tell me if anything more needs to be done. Jester Spearmann 14:28, 6 December 2009 (UTC)
A Kind Thank You
- "Best Friends" lists aren't really appropriate for WikiFur articles. I'll copy that particular paragraph over to your User page, where you can write about things that are personal, or of an informal nature, and where you can use a more casual tone.--Higgs Raccoon 05:15, 25 January 2010 (UTC)
May I request that you remove the Shockhog page. I am actually the real Shockhog and I'd prefer it if my name was not on this site anymore. It was just a joke set up by one of my friends who actually is a furry. I am not, but I don't have a problem with them either. I just don't want anyone mistaking me for a furry.