User talk:Higgs Raccoon/Archive 2
This is an archived page. Additional talk should take place on User Talk:Higgs_Raccoon.
- 1 Image:GrizzFursuit.jpg
- 2 Some Thanks
- 3 New to the WikiFur system...
- 4 Marcus Noble Stub
- 5 page edits....
- 6 Wikifur Entry
- 7 Seddel Cougar
- 8 Personal Exclusion wanted on Miles Feral?
- 9 Adding content
- 10 Article
- 11 My writing
- 12 Balto
- 13 Aaah, 'nother newb
- 14 Issues uploading images
- 15 Dustykat
- 16 TR_Wolf
- 17 Royal Dog
- 18 thx dude
- 19 Who Are You?
- 20 Thanks!
- 21 Thanks For the edit!
- 22 Hello
- 23 Gryph
- 24 Old edits
- 25 On Colditz
- 26 Maker
Thanks for the edits to the SilverTail article, you untangled my words nicely. For that matter, thank you for creating the article in the first place! Much appreciated! --SilverTail 22:01, 23 September 2007 (UTC)
- Hi SilverTail. You're welcome! :) --Higgs Raccoon 16:14, 25 September 2007 (UTC)
Thanks fur the tweeks on my page Higgs! MathueTaxion 05:05, 26 May 2008 (UTC)
Thanks a bunch for all the fixes on my page and on FitFurs! Slowtwitch 20:42, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for putting together the info on my page! Leeran 21:03, 21 October 2008
New to the WikiFur system...
Even though I was trying to keep the information simple and easy to find about myself, I was getting frustrated at someone editing the information behind me. ((keyword: "was")) Then after a bit of exploration at what was going on behind-the-scenes on my own information, I decided it was better than what I had and allows someone to see what is relevant to them.
Only one problem persists: In the 'formal' article about me below the link to my page for IMVU, the "This person's stub requires improving" tag still remains. Is there a way to just remove that or do I have to add/edit information in there to get rid of that? --—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Vosur (talk • contribs) .
- Hi Vosur, the "This person's stub requires improving" message can be removed by edited out the "person-stub" tag. That tag is routinely put at the end of short articles to encourage people to flesh them out a bit. (For example, you might say a say words about how you discovered furry fandom, what part of the fandom you are involved in (art? costuming? gaming?), what species your fursona is if you have one, stuff like that.) You can remove the tag just by removing it in the article's edit window.
- Oh, and you can sign your posts in Talk pages (like this one) with four tildes (~~~~) --Higgs Raccoon 15:25, 28 September 2007 (UTC)
- Signatures aren't anything fancy - just put "--~~~~" after anything you add on a Talk page and your name, the time, and the date will be automatically appended. (Otherwise it makes it harder to keep track of the conversation.) --Higgs Raccoon 16:02, 28 September 2007 (UTC)
Marcus Noble Stub
Thanks for creating a stub article about me. I went ahead and added on a link to my podcast novel. If you'd like to contact me, send me an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I'll give you my IM info. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by MarcusNoble (talk • contribs) .
- Hello Marcus. You're most welcome.
- In reply to what you were wondering on your recent LJ entry, I got your birthday and location from your LJ profile. (I don't go digging too hard for information, and only include birthdays, etc, on wikifur if someone has already happily put that data up in a public profile somewhere.) --Higgs Raccoon 22:40, 21 November 2007 (UTC)
Mister Higgs Raccoon,
I realize I'm a new user on WikiFur, but do I not have the right to add content to a page that is about me? I attempted to add a link for my Fur Affinity profile, under the name of my second fursona, Atnarko, and you removed it. If I add content and someone comes along to smite it from existence immediately afterward, my already plain description is going to become even more pitiful. Is there a little dance I have to do or a handshake I must learn before my additions will stick?
Yotie / Atnarko --Yotie 08:44, 4 December 2007 (UTC)
- Hello, Yotie,
- Of course you have the right to edit/add content to a Wikifur page that is about you. (This being a wiki, anyone can edit anything.)
- I undid the pair of edits you made on December 1st as it appeared you weren't sure what you were doing (mysteriously inserting the wikifur logo and making links to your User page that had already been handled by the Contributor tag), and I thought you needed help getting things back to their original state. I hadn't noticed the FA link amidst all your other changes or I'd have retained it.
- Clearly you're getting the hang of editing and are more familiar with wikifur's style now - your edits today (Dec 4th) are much better!--Higgs Raccoon 16:19, 4 December 2007 (UTC)
Hey, thanks for getting me started! I've been meaning to make an entry for awhile, but *shrug* I've only the question...
Why the heck did you bother to make one of me? I'm not exactly notable aside from small portions of a few sectors of FA, and the Socal Furries... I'm just curious why you bothered and such o.o; Bengaley 23:15, 16 December 2007 (UTC)
- Hi there, Bengaley,
- Why did I make an entry on you? Well, WikiFur doesn't have the Notability standards of Wikipedia, so it can cover all of furry fandom, and that means we can have articles on everyday furries, not just the Big Names. I think I first came across your name when I saw your youtube video about there being (shock, horror) porn on the internet.
- Also, by including articles on a broad cross-section of the fandom, we can, for example, look at the number of people in the different species categories, and estimate which phenotypes are the most common.--Higgs Raccoon 04:47, 20 December 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for creating the article about me, I always used the presence of an article here as a gold standard of when one has arrived as a furry. This is one of the happiest days I have had as a furry. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I was born in Missouri, and now live in Kansas, just to update you. If you would add I am a Film Student, and a Screenwriter, and a Bass player, and a Singer, I would appreciate it.
Plus I have a Youtube. 55seddel is my name there.
Also you can take all my contact info from my LJ page but truncate the emails please, I adore meeting new furs!
You have seriously made my day!
- Hi Seddel. You're very welcome, I'm glad getting a WikiFur article made your day.
- Thanks for mentioning the additional information of yourself - I could add it to your article, but for the moment I'm not going to, in the hope it will encourage you to add it yourself. This *is* a wiki after all, and everyone is allowed (and encouraged) to edit any article they feel they can add to.--Higgs Raccoon 04:47, 20 December 2007 (UTC)
Personal Exclusion wanted on Miles Feral?
Hello, Miles. You should be aware that blanking a page will invariably result in it being restored, even if you're the one the page is about. If you wish to be excluded from WikiFur, you'll need to request it so the entry can be deleted and locked against further editing. It is your wish to be excluded?--Higgs Raccoon 23:21, 26 December 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, that is what I would like. - Sunshine 04:23, 27 December 2007 (UTC)
I made a comment to your comment on my talk:JBadger and User_talk:JBadger pages, not sure if you are watching that. Still need to correct some stuff in there, might move some from my bio stuff from jbadger.org there. --JBadger 22:39, 27 December 2007 (UTC)
- Hi JBadger... I glance over the Recent Changes list every now and then, so I noticed your comment. Thanks for expanding your own article - I've done a little reformatting, removing the bullet-points and changing it from first person to third. I've also removed the Puppeteers and MFF staff tags. You can put them back, but at the same time include something in the article text justifying them (eg explaining about your being on the MFF Puppet staff).--Higgs Raccoon 22:37, 28 December 2007 (UTC)
I just discovered that you had started an article of me, and was rather curious on 'Why me'? It's rather suprizing to find an article was already made of me upon going to make one myself :P. I also hope I am doing this right. My luck I'd break something :P--Axel Zinfandel 19:20, 10 January 2008 (UTC)
- Hi there Axel. As Giza said on your LJ, I tend to add articles on random furs; I think wikifur should record a wide cross-section of the fandom, not just the ultra-famous. As for why you specifically... well, I'm not sure exactly. I probably wandered, by random, into either your LJ pages or online galleries, and wrote an article stub based on what was in your public profiles.
- You shouldn't worry about breaking something, edits can easily be undone/tweaked as necessary. You managed to add your question OK, and you can also read the Help file if needed. You should feel free to expand on your existing article-stub.--Higgs Raccoon 10:25, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
Please stop deleting my writing. It doesn't belong on my userpage because it's a separate piece of writing, an alternate history if you will. --Brushwell Clinton 19:04, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- Brushwell, I am going to delete your writing at Brushwell_Clinton/My_History for the following reasons:
- Any history of your character belongs on your character's page (Brushwell Clinton). It is not the practise on WikiFur to have a separate page for one's history/back story.
- The contents of Brushwell_Clinton/My_History don't come close to satisfying the requirements of WikiFur's Style Guide. WikiFur aims to have its articles read as encyclopaedia entries, not pieces of first-person creative writing. What you've written might be OK for your (informal) User page, but definitely not your (formal) Article.
- You should either rewrite your history in an appropriate style on your Article page, or host your creative writing elsewhere and add to your page an external link to it. --Higgs Raccoon 01:26, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
- This is not a history of my character, it is simply a writing piece.
- This is not an encyclopedia entry and does not pretend to be one. This is also why I created it as a subpage of my userpage.
- It's not on my article page, it's on a subpage of my userpage.
- By the way, it's on a subpage of my userpage!
--Brushwell Clinton 10:34, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
- Wikifur isn't a story-hosting site, so something that is "not a history of (your) character", "simply a writing piece", and "not an encyclopedia entry" is questionable at best. And it was *not* a subpage of your Userpage like you keep saying. You originally created it is a subpage of your Article page where it was not appropriate, and hence it was removed. I hope after your chat with Green Reaper you now understand the difference.--Higgs Raccoon 08:13, 29 January 2008 (UTC)
- I've had a chat with Brushwell and he mentioned that he always intended to put it at User:Brushwell_Clinton/My_History and thought that he had done so, even though he did not the first two times. --GreenReaper(talk) 19:22, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
Wow thank you I wasn't sure how to add stuff here Im sorry if I did it wrong this was my first time posting. Thank you for fixing that for me you are wonderful. You work quick too *hug*. Thank you once again for your help.
Balto 09:17, 9 February 2008 (UTC) Balto
Aaah, 'nother newb
Hey there, I was kinda wondering if theres away to delete images? I uploaded one with wrong info in the file name and wanted to sort it out, so I kinda up loaded another one, now you have a useless image floating about on your server! I did look about on your help pages and stuff but didn't find anything (may have just missed it is all) sorry. Oooh, you've already cleaned the page up o.o that was fast! AlexOtter 13:45, 11 February 2008 (UTC)
- Hello, Alexender.
- No problems about the image that isn't needed anymore. I'm assuming it was the "AlexOtter-aged-12-by-Anka.png" one, so I've just deleted it.
- Cheers, Higgs.--Higgs Raccoon 13:59, 11 February 2008 (UTC)
Issues uploading images
Hoping you can help.
Myself and Hendikins have been attempting to upload three photos this evening for the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras page but on completion of the upload we keep getting "Error creating thumbnail: Unable to create destination directory" in place of the image.
Any idea what we might be doing wrong?
Techie Fox 12:34, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- Hmmm, I too seem to be getting that error message, so I don't think you're doing anything wrong. It must be a technical problem somewhere. I'll have to drop GreenReaper a note about it, but for the moment all I can suggest is to leave it for now and check a bit later, to see if the problem has corrected itself and your image thumbnails have become visible.--Higgs Raccoon 13:12, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
I don't understand why you yanked the movie info off my page, I can understand the other images if they were against a policy but the movie info could have been left with a link to the YouTube site.
In fact a link to my FA page also could have been left.
Thanks for the help with the clean up but I'll be putting that stuff back in with links. The movie should probably get it's own page too.
- Hello, Dusty. I removed the video from your page because it is more appropriately placed on an article dedicated to the production, which now exists.
- Yes, a link to your FA page would have been appropriate (it does not appear in the original article)--Higgs Raccoon 14:04, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
Regarding TR_Wolf, his IP has been blocked and his user account appears to have been locked or deleted. He gives your name as the admin who banned him citing "repeat vandalism". He states that he has edited WikiFur only once, to change an IRC channel reference in NorthernFurs (UK)]], an edit which was reverted by an anonymous user. -- Brushwell T a l k 10:28, 14 May 2008 (UTC)
- What is TR Wolf's IP address? I'm guessing it is 18.104.22.168? That particular IP address was blocked for a month after someone used it made a frivolous edit to Pete Darkfox, and the contributions list for that IP address show similar non-serious edits to Tori Belliachi and Tungro. What is TR_Wolf's user/account name on WikiFur, and do you know when he created the account? --Higgs Raccoon 10:52, 14 May 2008 (UTC)
- Hmmm, searching the List of Blocked IP addresses and usernames, I don't see any blocks in place for 22.214.171.124, TR_Wolf, or TR-Wolf, from me or anyone else. If this isn't some transient glitch and TR still isn't able to edit, I'm not sure what to suggest except perhaps to drop GreenReaper a note and let him know there's something odd with the Blocking system.--Higgs Raccoon 14:17, 14 May 2008 (UTC)
Hi Thank you so much for helping me finish my page! *hugs*Royal Dog 05:10, 18 May 2008 (UTC)
i apologixe that i am still very much a noob at it, i will try not to be too much of a bother.
Who Are You?
Who the fuck are you and why do you think you have some magical fucking right to involve yourself with my Talk page? You've no business being there so go the fuck away.
Thanks For the edit!
Hey i just wanted to say thanks for editing my page this is the first wiki i started of myself and it looks alot better now!
Hi there this is Asylumfoxy/ Straitfox, i'm here to tell you thanks for being an admin and such but please, let ME alter my article please, Thank you, i do not need people like you to give me advice on how for me to make up my article, thank you.
Also another reason, please do not change anything that I do, please? Do not alter my pages and do not post stuff please, thank you.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Asylumfoxy714 (talk • contribs) .
- Hello Asylumfoxy714. I sympathise that you want control over your own article, but that isn't quite how WikiFur works. When you edit a page, below the edit window is a disclaimer which includes the words:
- If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, then don't submit it here.
- WikiFur Articles need to be open for editing by all so that they can be kept up to date and made to conform with WikiFur's format and style. The obvious exception to this is if you opt for Personal Exclusion, in which case the Article about you will be removed and locked to prevent further edits.--Higgs Raccoon 16:38, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
Thanks Sir but that doesn't excuse the fact taht you are letting anon users tamper with my article, even people who could be trolls.....Thanks for the idea of having pages locked so I can ave them edited.
Info boxes? Well sadly abou those I thoguth they would look lovely on my page.
I think Gryph would work much better as a redirect to Gryphon. I should think a species name would take precedence over a particular person. -- Brushwell Loves your face.T a l k C o n t r i b s 14:21, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
I was trying to uplaod an image onto the tarah Rosemoon page, I was looking at the page of frost T wolf's page and accidently deleted the image that was there. I'm not familiar with how to undo my mistake, and was wondering how to fix it.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Tarah Rosemoon (talk • contribs) .
- I've reverted the image on Frost T. Wolf for you, but if you have problems in future, it's always possible to look up an article's complete edit history, by clicking the "History" tab above the article window. For example, here's the history of the Frost T. Wolf article: http://en.wikifur.com/w/index.php?title=Frost_T._Wolf&action=history
- This allows you to check out each historical change to an article, and work out how to put things back if needs be.--Higgs Raccoon 22:19, 9 August 2008 (UTC)
Dear Higgs Raccoon. Since I cannot REMOVE certain text from my articles from which you keep applying them again and again then I wish you to remove them or at least block the discussion pages from being tampered with by Anonymous people from tampering. As well as keeping my article blocked from Anonymous people, only I can or admins can alter my page.
Please comply and answer back. - Asylumfoxy714
Colditz informed me on my talk page that he didn't want the Contributor template on his bio article for privacy reasons. Not that it should be removed or anything (I'm flatly against admin approval of bio deletion requests), just letting you know. --RayneVanDunem 22:21, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Rayne. Thanks for letting me know, though I'm not inclined to removed the contributor tag. On your talk page he says he previously removed the tag because "I don't want people to know I'm on this site for several reasons".
- Seeing as anyone can type his name in the search box to get his article and then see from the article's history that he has a WikiFur account, I don't see that removing the contributor tag is going to make him invisible.--Higgs Raccoon 22:34, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
Hello, this is Strega. I don't have an account here, but the other day I noticed that someone had created a dead link to the 'Maker', a background character in some of my fiction. Since whoever created the 'Strega' entry expended a good deal of effort (it wasn't me!), I went to the deadlinked page and put in some detail about the Maker. He was an NPC in my old AD&D campaign and has appeared in some of my fiction, so I know quite a bit about him.
- Hello, Strega.
- The main problem with The Maker article at the moment is that there is no context to it - someone reading the article who isn't already familiar with the subject matter will be baffled by it. Myself, when I read it, was wondering if the history provided was the backstory of someone's fursona, or a character from a book, or a movie character, or something else.
- You might include some background to it - put a preamble in that explains the basic things like The Maker being a character in your fiction, which stories he appears in, etc. Once a reader knows that, they'll better understand the rest of the article. It may also be more appropriate to merge the article into the Strega article if it's about one of your characters. It's also rather long, it may be better to trim it down a bit and make it more concise. If the long character biography exists elsewhere, you could include an external link to it for people who decide they want more detailed information.
- Oh, and if you're going to edit, feel free to make a WikiFur account to do it. --Higgs Raccoon 16:59, 25 August 2008 (UTC)