User talk:Higgs Raccoon
- 1 Archives of old stuff
- 2 Current talks
- 3 Verification of Fixes
- 4 doug
- 5 Lack references
- 6 Possible Username Change?
- 7 Page Removal Request: Trent Halvorsen
- 8 Thanks.
- 9 Personal info and name merging
- 10 Page Removal Request: Czar Wolfhound
- 11 Page Removal Request: Dodge Otter
- 12 Page Removal Request: DrJones
- 13 Page Removal Request: JoeySparkz
- 14 Response from Woody
- 15 Krystal Kitsune
- 16 Email Change: AmyFoxx
- 17 Future Appearances
- 18 Confusion and Thanks
- 19 Request for personal exclusion
- 20 request for removal of JFTW staff info
- 21 Page removal request: Ajzpick
Archives of old stuff
- Archive 1 (August 26th, 2006 - July 18th, 2007)
- Archive 2 (July 19th, 2007 - August 25, 2008)
- Archive 3 (August 25, 2008 - February 1, 2010)
- Archive 4 (February 1, 2010 - August 21, 2011)
- Archive 5 (August 21, 2011 - July 6, 2012)
- Archive 6 (July 6, 2012 - August 20, 2013)
- Archive 7 (August 20, 2013 - June 12, 2015)
(new discussions should go at the bottom of the page)
Verification of Fixes
Hi, this is Stonulf. I think I'm entering this message properly. (If this isn't the proper way to contact you, please feel free to correct me). I've made an account, but I made my userpage first (not exactly my shining moment). I see that you have added me as a contributor on my userpage. Does this essentially make me the owner of that page? Or is there a separate process that i'll need to go through?—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Stonulf (talk • contribs) .
- Hi, Stonulf. There are two pages with quite different purposes. The page User:Stonulf is your User Page. That's a page where you can put whatever you want (within reason), and format things however you like. You can think of it as your personal page. On the other hand, the page Stonulf is an Article, which is owned by the entire community and may be (will be) edited by anyone at any time.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 20:06, 11 June 2015 (EDT)
- Ok. Can I transfer the content of that article onto my userpage, then delete (or have you delete) the article? I'd like to come to the end result of having just one page for myself.
sry for my short fuse, Higgs. no, he is still alive,. tube was taken out at 8. He is heavily sedated, so he doesnt respond if i talk to him, but he feels no pain. All local close friends came to see one last time last nite to say their goodbyes. Now we can onlywait -Spirou (talk) 15:24, 23 June 2015 (EDT)
- No problem, Spirou. Sorry about the mistake - I was acting on the original version of the Flayrah article, which was inaccurate. I certainly wasn't trying to cause you distress or disrespect Doug in any way.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 15:42, 23 June 2015 (EDT)
- References are helpful as they allow readers - should they be so inclined - to verify the truthfulness of the information contained in articles. When quotations are included (such as "an artist of clean lines" in the Rhodes Gamble article), it is a good idea to include a link to somewhere where that quotation is actually used, so people can check it's a true quotation.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 18:09, 14 August 2015 (EDT)
Possible Username Change?
I think when I originally created this Wikifur account, I did not have the username on other sites that I have now (see my article for clarification). I would like to make a change if possible.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Hg3300 (talk • contribs) .
- I can change your user name without any problems. So there is no confusion, could you tell me exactly what you want it changed to (including any spaces, upper/lower case letters, etc)?--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 18:45, 9 September 2015 (EDT)
Page Removal Request: Trent Halvorsen
Hi. My name is Trent Halvorsen. I'd like the page profiling me to be removed from this wiki.
Just wanted to give thanks for cleaning up my personal page and making it conform to wiki standards. I appreciate it. --S-Config
Personal info and name merging
Hi, I'm Twitch Da Woof, and noticed more incorrect info added to my wiki page, along with my real name in the history of edits. I don't want my professional life attached to my furry life, so is there any way my real name can be removed from the page edits in the history? Also, can my name be merged with "TwitchDaWoof"? It wouldn't let me to register under my actual fandom name because of the page's existence. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by TwitchWolf (talk • contribs) .
- Higgs poked me and I've removed the revisions with your real name. As for your username, the issue is that you had an account when we were at Wikia.com. You need to login here at least once with the username TwitchDaWoof and the password that is valid at Wikia.com (you'll have to go through their reset-and-login procedure and set a new permanent Wikia password if you don't remember it). WikiFur.com will then transparently import your account, and the old and new accounts can then be merged into one. If you've done that, or if what I've explained doesn't work, drop me a note on my talk page explaining what you tried and I can have a look at it. --GreenReaper(talk) 13:35, 12 October 2015 (EDT)
Page Removal Request: Czar Wolfhound
- Request verified and done.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 06:19, 3 November 2015 (EST)
Page Removal Request: Dodge Otter
- Request verified and done.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 06:19, 3 November 2015 (EST)
Page Removal Request: DrJones
Please remove the page profiling me (http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/DrJones). It's no longer accurate nor relevant. Thank you. I will update the actual page regarding myself (http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Jonesy_Tawner) at some point in the future.
- The content of both articles have been placed in Jonesy Tawner, with a redirect from DrJones. You should clean up the resultant article asap.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 12:55, 22 November 2015 (EST)
Page Removal Request: JoeySparkz
Hi Higgs, this is JoeySparkz - I'd like to request the removal of the page profiling me (http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Joey_Sparkz). Thank you.
- (Verification note sent to subject's Fur Affinity account. Awaiting response.)--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 08:28, 23 November 2015 (EST)
Response from Woody
Sure thing, happy to help out. I know MFF's Wikifur presence hasn't been very well maintained, but our marketing department is now trying to get everything in line. Hopefully, soon we'll have more actual reference points on our own site, which Wikifur can be directed towards. In the meantime, I'm trying to minimize what I add by only filling in gaps, and instead focusing on unifying the formatting of the information already here. --Woody (talk) 04:50, 13 January 2016 (EST)
I know that Fred Patten reached out to Robert King a couple of years ago, in regards to MFF's early years, but I've just reached out to a few more of the founders to see if anyone has this information, or can find it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! --Woody (talk) 12:32, 15 January 2016 (EST)
FYI, I contacted the person the article is about, initially to verify the spelling of her name ('Kistune' vs. 'Kitsune'). Subsequently she looked at the article and requested that we remove her real name. We've honored similar requests for others in the past, even when the name isn't that hard to find at some of the websites linked to, and I believe we should in this case as well. Certainly it's going to make me look bad if she looks at the article and sees that her name has been added back after she asked me to remove it and I told her I had. --mwalimu (talk) 11:55, 11 February 2016 (EST)
- Well, if you wish to remove the name then that's fine. But then it'll be your job to go through the article and expunge all links to the IMDB page, and to flag everything that used that page as a reference as ).--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 12:02, 11 February 2016 (EST)
Hi, I changed my email address (in both accounts: english and portuguese), but even after hours, I didn't receive any of the confirmations. What can I do?—The preceding unsigned comment was added by AmyFoxx (talk • contribs) .
- Hi AmyFoxx. You might want to ask GreenReaper. He's the person with the tools and experience if there's a problem with an account or the basic functioning of WikiFur.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 05:58, 10 March 2016 (EST)
If I am making a page about myself, can I list future appearances if I would like to or is this strictly against the rules? I have the same question about putting my likes/dislikes in a small list format instead of paragraph.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Reptar (talk • contribs) .
- Hello, Reptar. On WikiFur, we generally only allow future plans to go on articles about conventions. We don't allow future plans to go on articles about people because people's lives are more uncertain, and editors cannot tell if someone's future plans came to pass or not. Of course, you can always put your future plans on your User Page (User:Reptar), which is a personal page not subject to the rules of Article Pages. About likes/dislikes, these (if included at all) tend to look better in a single sentence rather than a list (which leaves a lot of unnecessary white space in an article).--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 16:11, 11 March 2016 (EST)
Confusion and Thanks
First time using the talk page so I hope this is formatted correctly. Firstly I'd like to thank you for changing Sage to Sage_Bamaisin. This was something I was trying to figure out but never did. Secondly, what does it mean exactly for a page to be marked Cleanup? Both mine and my wife's pages are still marked Cleanup despite being updated. While on the topic of that, what did you mean by infoboxes as being for notable people? I'm only asking because you removed the infobox on Sage's page. Also, are you able to remove the page The_Bamaisin_Family? I have no use for it anymore. --RyconBamaisin (talk) 10:40, 11 April 2016 (EDT)
- The Cleanup tag means the article needs some adjustment to make it conform with the local article style. Looking briefly at the articles Rycon Bamaisin and Sage Bamaisin, a few things that occur to me as needing attention are:
- spellchecking ("origionally" in the Sage article)
- copyediting (removal of the random capital letters in both articles, for example)
- fixing the in-article links in the Rycon article (the vertical lines (ie |s) shouldn't be there).
- On Infoboxes... the convention on WikiFur is that these are only used on articles about particularly noteworthy people in the fandom. So in order to get one you have to be very well-known (eg Uncle Kage, Fred Patten, Kyell Gold, etc.)--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 15:42, 12 April 2016 (EDT)
That makes more sense. Thanks Higgs. This brings up two more things though: I'd thought I'd combed through both pages. Is there a way to see what exactly triggered a cleanup tag? I don't want to remove the tag and find I was banned again. Also, is there a way for a user to delete a page they made? Or does an admin have to do that(haven't admin'd a wiki in a while). --RyconBamaisin (talk) 18:40, 12 April 2016 (EDT)
- Sometimes a comment (re cleanup) might be made in the article's edit history, or on its talk page. (And sometimes not!) It's ok to remove a cleanup tag if you think you have addressed any problems with an article. About deletion, I think a curator/admin needs to do that. (I don't think it's a function that is generally available.)--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 14:24, 14 April 2016 (EDT)
Request for personal exclusion
Hello, Rudo Fennec is a page including my biography and character. I no longer wish to have this page posted, as it includes personal info and I no longer represent the character. Could you please remove it? Thanks, in advance.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Rudofennec (talk • contribs) .
- Hello. A note has been sent to the Fur Affinity account linked to the name Rudo Fennec. If you reply to it there, that will be taken as confirmation of both your identity and your wish to be removed. The article will then be deleted and locked as per your wishes.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 20:21, 19 April 2016 (EDT)
request for removal of JFTW staff info
Hi Higgs, can you remove the information regarding JFTW staff. As a company we are liable for misinformation, regardless of whether it's from 2016 or not. We do not want this information visible until the new staff roster is in place. - TeeKay HOPR
- If there are any inaccuracies in the list you may edit it, but otherwise the list should stay as it is part of the historical record of JFTW 2016. Any future staff lists for future iterations would appear under their own year-specific section.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 09:28, 21 April 2016 (EDT)
Page removal request: Ajzpick
Greetings! I'd like to request to have the following page removed, seeing how I no longer identify with the fandom, nor do I wish to be related to it anymore: http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Ajzpick . My thanks for your effort and time.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) .
- Verification messages have been sent the Ajzpick accounts on Fur Affinity and YouTube. If I get a reply there, I will proceed with the removal of the article.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 12:47, 5 May 2016 (EDT)