User talk:Higgs Raccoon
- 1 Archives of old stuff
- 2 Current talks
- 3 Verification of Fixes
- 4 doug
- 5 Lack references
- 6 Possible Username Change?
- 7 Page Removal Request: Trent Halvorsen
- 8 Thanks.
- 9 Personal info and name merging
- 10 Page Removal Request: Czar Wolfhound
- 11 Page Removal Request: Dodge Otter
- 12 Page Removal Request: DrJones
- 13 Page Removal Request: JoeySparkz
- 14 Response from Woody
- 15 Krystal Kitsune
- 16 Email Change: AmyFoxx
- 17 Future Appearances
- 18 Confusion and Thanks
- 19 Request for personal exclusion
- 20 request for removal of JFTW staff info
- 21 Page removal request: Ajzpick
- 22 File Upload Issue
- 23 JFTW 2016 Attendance web reference
- 24 Farble
- 25 Add things to my user page?
- 26 How the **** did you lot find my TORN City profile? My FA? (white..tail)
- 27 Appropriateness of uploaded fursuit images
- 28 What improvements can be made to my character page?
- 29 Great point regarding Further Confustion Numbers
- 30 Vincent (rabbit)
- 31 Page Removal Request: Flaw
- 32 Ban evasion?
- 33 Why removed furrytimes.net from Ahmar Wolf?
- 34 Help for translation process
- 35 Citation needed problem
- 36 Removal of image on one of my pages
Archives of old stuff
- Archive 1 (August 26th, 2006 - July 18th, 2007)
- Archive 2 (July 19th, 2007 - August 25, 2008)
- Archive 3 (August 25, 2008 - February 1, 2010)
- Archive 4 (February 1, 2010 - August 21, 2011)
- Archive 5 (August 21, 2011 - July 6, 2012)
- Archive 6 (July 6, 2012 - August 20, 2013)
- Archive 7 (August 20, 2013 - June 12, 2015)
(new discussions should go at the bottom of the page)
Verification of Fixes
Hi, this is Stonulf. I think I'm entering this message properly. (If this isn't the proper way to contact you, please feel free to correct me). I've made an account, but I made my userpage first (not exactly my shining moment). I see that you have added me as a contributor on my userpage. Does this essentially make me the owner of that page? Or is there a separate process that i'll need to go through?—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Stonulf (talk • contribs) .
- Hi, Stonulf. There are two pages with quite different purposes. The page User:Stonulf is your User Page. That's a page where you can put whatever you want (within reason), and format things however you like. You can think of it as your personal page. On the other hand, the page Stonulf is an Article, which is owned by the entire community and may be (will be) edited by anyone at any time.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 20:06, 11 June 2015 (EDT)
- Ok. Can I transfer the content of that article onto my userpage, then delete (or have you delete) the article? I'd like to come to the end result of having just one page for myself.
sry for my short fuse, Higgs. no, he is still alive,. tube was taken out at 8. He is heavily sedated, so he doesnt respond if i talk to him, but he feels no pain. All local close friends came to see one last time last nite to say their goodbyes. Now we can onlywait -Spirou (talk) 15:24, 23 June 2015 (EDT)
- No problem, Spirou. Sorry about the mistake - I was acting on the original version of the Flayrah article, which was inaccurate. I certainly wasn't trying to cause you distress or disrespect Doug in any way.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 15:42, 23 June 2015 (EDT)
- References are helpful as they allow readers - should they be so inclined - to verify the truthfulness of the information contained in articles. When quotations are included (such as "an artist of clean lines" in the Rhodes Gamble article), it is a good idea to include a link to somewhere where that quotation is actually used, so people can check it's a true quotation.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 18:09, 14 August 2015 (EDT)
Possible Username Change?
I think when I originally created this Wikifur account, I did not have the username on other sites that I have now (see my article for clarification). I would like to make a change if possible.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Hg3300 (talk • contribs) .
- I can change your user name without any problems. So there is no confusion, could you tell me exactly what you want it changed to (including any spaces, upper/lower case letters, etc)?--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 18:45, 9 September 2015 (EDT)
Page Removal Request: Trent Halvorsen
Just wanted to give thanks for cleaning up my personal page and making it conform to wiki standards. I appreciate it. --S-Config
Personal info and name merging
Hi, I'm Twitch Da Woof, and noticed more incorrect info added to my wiki page, along with my real name in the history of edits. I don't want my professional life attached to my furry life, so is there any way my real name can be removed from the page edits in the history? Also, can my name be merged with "TwitchDaWoof"? It wouldn't let me to register under my actual fandom name because of the page's existence. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by TwitchWolf (talk • contribs) .
- Higgs poked me and I've removed the revisions with your real name. As for your username, the issue is that you had an account when we were at Wikia.com. You need to login here at least once with the username TwitchDaWoof and the password that is valid at Wikia.com (you'll have to go through their reset-and-login procedure and set a new permanent Wikia password if you don't remember it). WikiFur.com will then transparently import your account, and the old and new accounts can then be merged into one. If you've done that, or if what I've explained doesn't work, drop me a note on my talk page explaining what you tried and I can have a look at it. --GreenReaper(talk) 13:35, 12 October 2015 (EDT)
Page Removal Request: Czar Wolfhound
- Request verified and done.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 06:19, 3 November 2015 (EST)
Page Removal Request: Dodge Otter
- Request verified and done.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 06:19, 3 November 2015 (EST)
Page Removal Request: DrJones
Please remove the page profiling me (http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/DrJones). It's no longer accurate nor relevant. Thank you. I will update the actual page regarding myself (http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Jonesy_Tawner) at some point in the future.
- The content of both articles have been placed in Jonesy Tawner, with a redirect from DrJones. You should clean up the resultant article asap.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 12:55, 22 November 2015 (EST)
Page Removal Request: JoeySparkz
Hi Higgs, this is JoeySparkz - I'd like to request the removal of the page profiling me (http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Joey_Sparkz). Thank you.
- (Verification note sent to subject's Fur Affinity account. Awaiting response.)--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 08:28, 23 November 2015 (EST)
Response from Woody
Sure thing, happy to help out. I know MFF's Wikifur presence hasn't been very well maintained, but our marketing department is now trying to get everything in line. Hopefully, soon we'll have more actual reference points on our own site, which Wikifur can be directed towards. In the meantime, I'm trying to minimize what I add by only filling in gaps, and instead focusing on unifying the formatting of the information already here. --Woody (talk) 04:50, 13 January 2016 (EST)
I know that Fred Patten reached out to Robert King a couple of years ago, in regards to MFF's early years, but I've just reached out to a few more of the founders to see if anyone has this information, or can find it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! --Woody (talk) 12:32, 15 January 2016 (EST)
FYI, I contacted the person the article is about, initially to verify the spelling of her name ('Kistune' vs. 'Kitsune'). Subsequently she looked at the article and requested that we remove her real name. We've honored similar requests for others in the past, even when the name isn't that hard to find at some of the websites linked to, and I believe we should in this case as well. Certainly it's going to make me look bad if she looks at the article and sees that her name has been added back after she asked me to remove it and I told her I had. --mwalimu (talk) 11:55, 11 February 2016 (EST)
- Well, if you wish to remove the name then that's fine. But then it'll be your job to go through the article and expunge all links to the IMDB page, and to flag everything that used that page as a reference as ).--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 12:02, 11 February 2016 (EST)
Hi, I changed my email address (in both accounts: english and portuguese), but even after hours, I didn't receive any of the confirmations. What can I do?—The preceding unsigned comment was added by AmyFoxx (talk • contribs) .
- Hi AmyFoxx. You might want to ask GreenReaper. He's the person with the tools and experience if there's a problem with an account or the basic functioning of WikiFur.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 05:58, 10 March 2016 (EST)
If I am making a page about myself, can I list future appearances if I would like to or is this strictly against the rules? I have the same question about putting my likes/dislikes in a small list format instead of paragraph.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Reptar (talk • contribs) .
- Hello, Reptar. On WikiFur, we generally only allow future plans to go on articles about conventions. We don't allow future plans to go on articles about people because people's lives are more uncertain, and editors cannot tell if someone's future plans came to pass or not. Of course, you can always put your future plans on your User Page (User:Reptar), which is a personal page not subject to the rules of Article Pages. About likes/dislikes, these (if included at all) tend to look better in a single sentence rather than a list (which leaves a lot of unnecessary white space in an article).--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 16:11, 11 March 2016 (EST)
Confusion and Thanks
First time using the talk page so I hope this is formatted correctly. Firstly I'd like to thank you for changing Sage to Sage_Bamaisin. This was something I was trying to figure out but never did. Secondly, what does it mean exactly for a page to be marked Cleanup? Both mine and my wife's pages are still marked Cleanup despite being updated. While on the topic of that, what did you mean by infoboxes as being for notable people? I'm only asking because you removed the infobox on Sage's page. Also, are you able to remove the page The_Bamaisin_Family? I have no use for it anymore. --RyconBamaisin (talk) 10:40, 11 April 2016 (EDT)
- The Cleanup tag means the article needs some adjustment to make it conform with the local article style. Looking briefly at the articles Rycon Bamaisin and Sage Bamaisin, a few things that occur to me as needing attention are:
- spellchecking ("origionally" in the Sage article)
- copyediting (removal of the random capital letters in both articles, for example)
- fixing the in-article links in the Rycon article (the vertical lines (ie |s) shouldn't be there).
- On Infoboxes... the convention on WikiFur is that these are only used on articles about particularly noteworthy people in the fandom. So in order to get one you have to be very well-known (eg Uncle Kage, Fred Patten, Kyell Gold, etc.)--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 15:42, 12 April 2016 (EDT)
That makes more sense. Thanks Higgs. This brings up two more things though: I'd thought I'd combed through both pages. Is there a way to see what exactly triggered a cleanup tag? I don't want to remove the tag and find I was banned again. Also, is there a way for a user to delete a page they made? Or does an admin have to do that(haven't admin'd a wiki in a while). --RyconBamaisin (talk) 18:40, 12 April 2016 (EDT)
- Sometimes a comment (re cleanup) might be made in the article's edit history, or on its talk page. (And sometimes not!) It's ok to remove a cleanup tag if you think you have addressed any problems with an article. About deletion, I think a curator/admin needs to do that. (I don't think it's a function that is generally available.)--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 14:24, 14 April 2016 (EDT)
Request for personal exclusion
Hello, Rudo Fennec is a page including my biography and character. I no longer wish to have this page posted, as it includes personal info and I no longer represent the character. Could you please remove it? Thanks, in advance.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Rudofennec (talk • contribs) .
- Hello. A note has been sent to the Fur Affinity account linked to the name Rudo Fennec. If you reply to it there, that will be taken as confirmation of both your identity and your wish to be removed. The article will then be deleted and locked as per your wishes.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 20:21, 19 April 2016 (EDT)
request for removal of JFTW staff info
Hi Higgs, can you remove the information regarding JFTW staff. As a company we are liable for misinformation, regardless of whether it's from 2016 or not. We do not want this information visible until the new staff roster is in place. - TeeKay HOPR
- If there are any inaccuracies in the list you may edit it, but otherwise the list should stay as it is part of the historical record of JFTW 2016. Any future staff lists for future iterations would appear under their own year-specific section.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 09:28, 21 April 2016 (EDT)
Page removal request: Ajzpick
Greetings! I'd like to request to have the following page removed, seeing how I no longer identify with the fandom, nor do I wish to be related to it anymore: http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Ajzpick . My thanks for your effort and time.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) .
- Verification messages have been sent the Ajzpick accounts on Fur Affinity and YouTube. If I get a reply there, I will proceed with the removal of the article.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 12:47, 5 May 2016 (EDT)
File Upload Issue
I'm having a problem when uploading to replace the file here: http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/File:AnthroconAttendance.PNG As you can see, the two updates I made prior to the current one are indeed the file I wanted to upload, but the current file is stuck on the old one. I've tried uploading twice and reverting once but none of these fixed the problem. Can you help me? PheagleAdler (talk) 19:22, 1 August 2016 (EDT)
- It's working fine here now. Most likely you just ran into a cached copy. CloudFlare can hold onto an image for hours without checking sometimes. --GreenReaper(talk) 05:58, 9 August 2016 (EDT)
JFTW 2016 Attendance web reference
Hi Higgs, I just saw your request for a web reference for JFTW's 2016 attendance. It is here:
JFTW is also listed as taking place next year on Mar 14-16 rather than Apr 14-16, as confirmed here:
(But of course I wasn't able to edit the dates.)
You'll also find AnthrOhio (nee "Morphicon) is inaccurately listed as taking place June 1-4 rather than May 25-28, as indicated on their website. :D
Thanks for keeping Wikifur alive!! :D
- Due to the high number of novel new species people create, they usually don't get their own articles unless they become especially well-known and wide-spread. (For example, sergals and chakats.) Until then, any description of the species would usually only be added to the article about their creator. So in the case of the COMMONER article, I would add something after "farble" like "(a mythological closed species created by [whoever])". That oughta do it.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 18:16, 14 November 2016 (EST)
Add things to my user page?
- I see that information is already on your personal User Page. If you mean the Article about you, then yes, they seem like reasonable facts to include. I see you already know how to edit an article, so please feel free to add what you'd like.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 17:20, 15 December 2016 (EST)
How the **** did you lot find my TORN City profile? My FA? (white..tail)
- WikiFur editors see all. But seriously, according to the Article's edit history, the links were included by User:V. CA. Perhaps you should direct your question to him? (I imagine Google was involved.) PS, you can sign your posts on Talk pages by adding "--~~~~" at the end. --Higgs Raccoon (talk) 03:51, 16 December 2016 (EST)
Appropriateness of uploaded fursuit images
I am about to upload images of fursuits that I constructed to my Wikfur page and want to check with you before including several. Images of "Oakshadow the medicine wolf", "Kedri Fox", "Kiyote's loooong-tailed lemur, and most of "T'Marr" the lion's are of no concern. Definitely G-Rated. At FC 99, T'Marr went wild and introduced his fantasy warrior look which includes a leather harness from Mr. S. (For some reason, the Con did not want him carrying around his razor-edged, live-steel Viking broadsword. *grin*) The harness was intended as "warrior gear", but its origins as a BDSM harness are obvious and some people of a conservative nature could possibly be offended by the images. Should these be left out, or can I upload them to wikifur and get your thumbs-up/thumbs-down on them before adding them to my page?
I apologize for all of the "saves", am using "preview" appropriately, and having my husband, Snout (tech guru-extraordinaire), help with the technical work from here on out to minimize the saves as much as possible. I am sorry for the hassle my inexperience caused in making a kitten-mangled ball of yarn out of the page's update history.
- Eh. If I were you, I'd just go ahead, upload the images, and add them to your page. WikiFur has a policy of not censoring images if they are genuinely relevant to an article, and in this case the "warrior gear" image sounds pretty innocuous anyway. (And if it is a problem, it can be sorted out afterwards.) --Higgs Raccoon (talk) 07:37, 2 January 2017 (EST)
What improvements can be made to my character page?
Great point regarding Further Confustion Numbers
I think you made a great point regarding the Further Confusion numbers not being final, however historically speaking it is rare for them to publicly acknowledge their final donation and many of their past donation numbers were only retrieved via tax filings several years later. I think that it is important to acknowledge their accomplishment now, since they have taken the time to share it publicly. If that number changes, we can update it accordingly. However, to simply leave it as "T.B.D." when they've shared a number, does their hard work a disservice.
In acknowledgement of your point, I have noted that this is a preliminary number, and I'm hoping that satisfies your concerns? Please let me know if you still feel we should leave this number blank, I'm happy to discuss it further. --Woody (talk) 13:24, 16 January 2017 (EST)
- Hi Woody,
- Thanks for the clarification. Given what you've said, putting the preliminary figure into the article seems fair enough. (As the number was announced as "preliminary", I assumed the final figure would come in a few days. But if it might be years then there's no point in waiting.)--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 14:04, 16 January 2017 (EST)
- WikiFur catalogues all furries great and small. Anyway, you made an account here and have been editing, which is reason enough.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 11:02, 17 January 2017 (EST)
Page Removal Request: Flaw
Sorry if this isn't the right place, I'm a bit confused regarding how to go about asking for this. I don't want to have a page on wikifur about me. The page here has old aliases and information within its revision history that, while sorely outdated, do not make me feel safe on account of events in my personal life. I would rather be excluded entirely with the revision history removed if possible. If confirmation beyond my access to this account is needed, notes can be sent to my FA or Weasyl.
- Hi, Flaw. Equivamp gave you some other options, but, as you indicated you still preferred for the whole page to go, I have gone ahead and deleted it, and locked it against further edits. If you ever change your mind in future, you can ask any curator to unlock the page again.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 08:20, 27 January 2017 (EST)
- Yes, probably. Thanks for the heads-up. (Actually, I think the ban period on their account has passed, so they don't need to keep changing IPs. I just wish they'd stop wasting everyone's time by ignoring the directions given to them.)--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 16:16, 1 February 2017 (EST)
But, I wanted to add more furries.
I did not mean to not follow directions. I have autism and sometimes that makes me persistent because I like furries and want to ask for more furries. Can you please help me add more furries with your directions. Can you help me Higgs_Raccoon [--2601:18D:4701:C4A0:4450:9930:BAA1:4761 12:31, 19 February 2017 (EST)]
- No, I will not help you. I repeatedly gave you advice and corrected your articles, and you ignored both. My spare time is limited, and I don't have enough of it to waste on someone who will not learn. (And god help anyone else volunteering.)--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 17:22, 20 February 2017 (EST)
Why removed furrytimes.net from Ahmar Wolf?
Your edit of Ahmar Wolf article removed the ext link to furrytimes.net and I was wondering if that was accidental. I checked latest furrytimes posts (at https://furrytimes.net/) and went back as far as https://furrytimes.net/page/44/ and all those furrytimes posts were posted by "Ahmar Wolf". And http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ahmarwolf/ says Ahmar's website is https://yiffytimes.wordpress.com/ (which forwards to furrytimes.net) And Ahmar's Twitter (@Dr_Timefox) profile links to furrytimes.net. --EarthFurst (talk) 04:40, 1 March 2017 (EST)
- You're right, that should have stayed. I was confusing it with the more general (and gone, apparently) website Furrytimes.com.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 10:34, 1 March 2017 (EST)
Help for translation process
It's Kooshy. Sorry for the page "علیرضا تی ام", just starting with wiki; please if possible, let me know how exactly I can translate articles, to have a "fa.wikifur.com" (Persian, Farsi).—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Kooshy (talk • contribs) .
- If you're looking to set up a Persian-language wiki, you might try asking User:GreenReaper. He has more experience than I with actually setting up wikis.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 18:00, 5 March 2017 (EST)
Citation needed problem
- Link to somewhere - anywhere - that actually mentions either or both of these things. For example, https://soundcloud.com/meisarrg indicates your location is Paris, and your DA profile http://meisarrg.deviantart.com/ backs up the birth date given.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 14:47, 25 March 2017 (EDT)
Thanks for your help !
Removal of image on one of my pages
- Even if you own the image, you still need to make a selection from the pull-down menu. "Creative Commons Attribute-ShareAlike 4.0 and GFDL 1.3+ (recommended for works you created)" might have been appropriate. And while we're on the subject, please try to give uploaded images a meaningful name. ("SKETCH 1.JPG" is far too generic.)--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 09:53, 27 March 2017 (EDT)