The [real name] Entry
- The section was edited by me to remove the real name of the person concerned. --GreenReaper(talk) 23:48, 3 March 2006 (UTC)
I am deeply ambarrassed to have to ask you to remove the [real name] entry from WikiFur. Though personally honored to have an entry and grateful to Ken Pick for originally placing it, certain individuals who sign my paycheck have taken great umbrage over my presence on the Internet.
Please contact me as to what steps I need to take in order to verify who I am and that I have the authority to make this request.
By the time you read this, I will have verified my Hotmail address.
Thank you for you patience and understanding about this situation I reluctantly find myself in.
- Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that, but I can understand the situation given your class of your work. As you have previously made contributions to WikiFur I feel reasonably assured of your identity - no further verification will be reqired unless someone claims otherwise.
- If you wish we can probably exclude your entry completely. It would be a shame to remove the details of your work in the community, though. Would it be acceptable to preserve the entry if all mentions of your name and current occupation were removed?
- I have set this up at Heavy Horse so you can see how it would look, and changed all links mentioning your real name to your fan name. The only pages on which your real name currently appears are these talk pages, which can be edited out if desired. The page about you could also be put under your control if you wish, so that only you or an administrator could edit it directly.
- If this will not suffice, let me know at my talk page, and I will exclude the entry completely. --GreenReaper(talk) 21:31, 3 March 2006 (UTC)
- That is an excellent suggestion! Please remove the [real name] section totally and keep Heavy Horse exaclty as you have written it. I will keep a watch over it to make sure it remains unconnected with my real name.
- Thanks again for a very creative solution.
- [real name]
- No worries - I'm glad it solves the problem for you! We've actually had this situation come about a few times before, and this sort of solution usually solves it. I have removed your real name from this conversation - hopefully that should be sufficient to prevent it coming up in searches. If you wish to sign future chat, just type ~~~~ and it will give your username with a link to your user page. --GreenReaper(talk) 23:48, 3 March 2006 (UTC)