This is an archive page, covering general talk on my user talk page from 10 June 2007 to 3 May 2008. Please do not edit this page - if you wish to bring up a topic, copy the relevant portion into a new section on the current page. Thanks! --GreenReaper(talk)
- 1 ED
- 2 Greetings From Halopedia!
- 3 WikiFur News
- 4 Kalika Futago
- 5 6-2-1 rule
- 6 Source?
- 7 Thank you
- 8 New User on Wiki
- 9 Wolves' Paradise Encyclopedia
- 10 Tales from the Reservation
- 11 Carpe Diem
- 12 Thanks for noticing,
- 13 Timeline of media coverage
- 14 Of interest?
- 15 Dalhusky the dog here.
- 16 Furry sexuality survey
- 17 Comics and webcomics
- 18 Brushwell Clinton
- 19 News:Furry charity events raise over $60,000 in 2007
- 20 Furtopia Hack News Story
- 21 Hello
- 22 Creatures
- 23 *nudge*
- 24 Questions
You added a link to the ED article on yourself... to your own page here? I don't mean any offense or anything, it's just a little curious, since Encyclopedia Dramatica isn't really the most flattering site to be featured on... - Saruuk
Greetings From Halopedia!
Greetings Sentient, The entity Saboteur and the entity Iratus have been been deleted. Make no further Contact, As their memory Matrix are now both mine and currently under Investigation. I am sorry this has caused you problems. Take care. 1707<Umbra>-Security A.I. of Halopedia
Sorry for that, It's more for effect, anyways, down to buisness. I am aware You had 2 Users by the names of Saboteur and Iratus, and that they both apparently vandalized pages of your Site. I Regret to inform You that these were both the same Person. And I know exactly who (I cannot say his name due to privacy rights). I work on Halopedia mostly at my school, and as a result, I had a bonehead who watched what I was doing. He did not like me much and as a result, created a account and vandalized my page. When we booted him, he must have moved onto you page and vandalized your files. (As why your Site, He hated anything that was not gangsta or of gangster style and just ran across your site.) I regret all that has happened and hope for the best the damage was minimal(May I ask How bad The Damage Was? He usually like rape,porn and sex related "Stuff"). If you wish to contact me, Leave a message on this site, or more preferably on Halopedia on the Userpage WRAITH as I will likely forget this site and you message! Anyways I lok forward to seeing you in the future and wish you the best of Luck. Regards; WRAITH-Halopedia Representitive
Despite the Zanimum 19:49, 3 July 2007 (UTC)received, will you consider posting WikiFur News' reportage of Anthrocon to Wikinews? We're always looking for original reporting, especially from reporters who's writing is as strong and interesting as yours. --
- Sure, as long as Wikinews doesn't mind it going up here as well. I may decide to condense the end result somewhat for Wikinews, as I plan to make several shorter posts here as ongoing coverage. Others may also be writing about it, but WikiFur News is dual-licensed CC-BY-2.5 so there should be no problem with that. --GreenReaper(talk) 21:12, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
Just thinking, you have to tell people WikiFur News contributors that any changes they make to your article on this site are co-licensed as CC-BY, not just the normal GFDL.As soon as I typed that, I read about the dual licensing, that's great! I don't know why the Wikia default is GFDL, instead of Creative Commons, GFDL is such a weird license, since you technically have to reprint a whole three-page document with even just a sentence excerpted.
- Yeah, whatever length or format you'd like.
- Hi, I've asked the anon on their talk page, about this edit. Hopefully they reply.
- Great article on the con on Wikinews, I've reworded a little teeny bit here and there, and added a definition of what a fursuit is. (When I posted your play article, people were entirely dumbfounded what a furry is, which is I guess better than the default response so many have.
- I've added Lucky Coyote's pic to the fursuit article on Wikipedia. Do you know Blondefoxy to any extent? Presumably she has no qualms against the picture use, however I had asked a few weeks ago if she'd release a picture of Lucky or Lucky + Skuffy(?) under a Creative Commons license for Wikipedia, no reply. I don't want to peave anyone off... -- Zanimum 16:18, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for adding your clarification to . Sometimes it's hard to know what things do or don't need further explaining in the body text (the article was already very long, so I was hesitant to put in much more exposition). I didn't know you posted the one about the play; I've added that to the related news section.
- I must admit that I do not know Blondefoxy/Lucky personally, and indeed I did not know that was another name of hers. Most fursuiters tend to be fairly happy about people showing off their costumes, though, and Lucky was one of those actively participating in group skits and posing for pictures. You could try the other contact details on her deviantART account if you really want to contact her about it. Oh, and her mate is Skuff Coyote. --GreenReaper(talk) 17:05, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
- Looks like someone was watching. And thank you for your recent donation! The WikiFur account was looking a little low after all of those Anthrocon purchases. --GreenReaper(talk) 22:18, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
- Do we know it to be true? ;) Without a citation or even an edit summary, I'm loathe to assign a single creator to a term based on an anonymous edit. Spaz Kitty 01:09, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
- Also, a bit of snooping into recent edits shows that the person named is the creator of the "new" 6-2-1 rule, not the original. The edit I reverted lists him as the creator of the original 6-2-1 rule. Spaz Kitty 01:13, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
First they came for the babyfurs, and I did not speak out, because I was not a babyfur.
Then they came for the plushies, and I did not speak out, because I was not a plushie.
Then they came for the balloonies, and I did not speak out, because I was not a balloonie.
Then they came for me . . . and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Where did the line "First they came for... and I did not speak out, because I was not a... Than they came for me...and there was no one left to speak out for me" line come from? Sirtim 12:16, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for your welcoming me, this is my first time in this kind of encyclopedical sites. - Gato Gris
New User on Wiki
From Wynther Knight About LXF
Hi there, thanks for letting me know someone is here to help. It's actually my time to do an article on an Wiki and I'm still trying to learn the ropes. Thanks for letting me know about the "show preview" button, as I still have toms of stuff to put in.
Thank you again :)
Wolves' Paradise Encyclopedia
Wolves' Paradise has set up a Paradise Encyclopedia that you can take a look at it. However it's license is CC-by-nd-sa(!) so it is impossible to share content between WPE and WikiFur. --
Tales from the Reservation
Saw what you did on TFTR & AJA pages....
Thanks! :D Now comes the fun part - re-reading and providing a better description of the story(as well as figuring out how to scan it in as a PDF without having each part be over 17MB in size :)) ).
126.96.36.199 12:59, 17 September 2007 (UTC)
I'm flattered that Carpe Diem got the featured comic of the week/day/whatever. I also saw the new page, and was more flattered that someone took the time to do all that. I'll probably be adding to it, but I just wanted to say thanks. It made my day. :)
Graveyard Greg September 25, 2007
- No problem, and thanks for your additions. It always helps to get an authoritative source of information involved. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 01:33, 27 September 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for noticing,
I just added a little bit of information to the MewYear page. I might add some more at a later time if some hasn`t done it by then already. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by O kill (talk • contribs) .
Timeline of media coverage
- Yeep, no. Chalk that up to not checking I was editing the right thing after a browser restart. --GreenReaper(talk) 14:17, 8 November 2007 (UTC)
Look at it before the end of the week, when they take it private. Stumbled across it in an ad industry email newsletter, thought I'd drop by, just in case you thought it was worth mentioning in Wikifur. -- Zanimum 15:33, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
- Hehe, yeah . . . they actually made a whole video out of it which made the rounds a week or so ago. Perhaps it'll help attract new blood to FranFurence! ;-) --GreenReaper(talk) 16:13, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
Dalhusky the dog here.
Hello, GreenReaper. It has been about three years since I wrote that "Furry Irony" post. At this moment, I am somewhat of a different person now than I was when I posted that article. I cannot easily explain what I mean by that. I am a very complicated person.
But what I am trying to say is that I have been blown away by the fact that so many people like to hate and bash people like me for being aroused by a cartoon picture or a real animal. I have certain likings that even many furries detest. I also bailed out of a troll war on YouTube and canceled my MaxSnowDog account in hopes of removing some terrible baggage recently due to my trying to tell people about my beliefs with regards to zoophilia and getting threats along with a very stupid E.D. article about me. Maybe we could talk together sometime because I would rather chat than post because of the way I'm feeling currently.
Furry sexuality survey
I was wanting to report a story on WikiFur News, but seeing as how I am one of the people involved with the story, I do not believe I am able to under WikiFur rules.
The story in question is that I have organised a survey to look into furry sexuality - the first survey to look pacificly into this topic. It is reported in The Furtean Times. So far, over 100 people have answered the survey, and granted, a few issues have been brought up. If you want to write up the story or ask me questions about it, please ask me.
ISD 12:01, 10 December 2007 (UTC)
- I'll try and take a look at this tonight. Sorry for the delay, it's been very busy here at work these last few weeks. --GreenReaper(talk) 18:07, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for looking. ISD 21:40, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
Comics and webcomics
Hi again. I don't think you remember me, but that isn't important now. I have a couple of questions (sorry my horrible english). I've saw here furry webcomics being show. My questions:
1. There are specific rules for publish information for a webcomic? 2. What it needs a webcomic for being considered "furry"? I ask this because in VG Cats, even if the main characters are 2 furry cats, the comic isn't furry.
Why I ask this? Because I have a webcomic. The main character is a fuzzy furry creature, but even if she uses its furry enchant for charming everyone this webcomic is ambiented in the "real world".
And the other thing: A webcomic, must to be in english for being here? Because the comic is in spanish (my naive language).
- Hi DragonTrainer! Apologies for the delay, I've been a bit busy at work recently.
- There is no requirement for comics to be in English - indeed, we are quite interested in hearing about such things in other languages. The language of the comic should be noted on the article. Similarly, it is not a requirement for events to take place in a completely furry world - a comic dealing with the actions of a single furry character or group of characters is fine.
- As for the information - ideally the things we write on WikiFur are facts that could be taken from the website about the comic, or from other sources. If the comic is in Spanish, then it is fine for that information to be in Spanish there, as long as your summary of it on WikiFur is in English. --GreenReaper(talk) 04:55, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks. I'll start to create the article :) --DragonTrainer - Flamewars aquí, por favor. 12:41, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- I've had a chat with Brushwell and he mentioned that he always intended to put it at User:Brushwell_Clinton/My_History and thought that he had done so, even though he did not the first two times. --GreenReaper(talk) 19:22, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
Know when the "exact figures from RCFM and FWA" will be available? This would be great for Wikinews. -- Zanimum 18:27, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
- I've been chatting with Brody but he hasn't been able to dig them up yet. Also contacted Kiran Lightpaw but don't believe I got anything back. --GreenReaper(talk) 20:46, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
- Even if you can get only one of the two, that would be enough to make it current, and news in terms of Wikinews' standards. -- Zanimum 21:54, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
Furtopia Hack News Story
I added a paragraph to the Furtopia news story concerning a possible claim for responsibility. It appeared on the Furtopia community journal. The link is the following: http://scf58.livejournal.com/735.html
I usually don't edit things myself and would rather leave these things to the real editors! But according to your user page you will be gone for awhile... I hope this suffices for the moment.
I thought you would like to know.
I'm still new to all of this furry fandom and you may have seen my posts on the forum. I just want to thank you for having this accepting atmoshpere. If everyones realization was as overwelming as mine we all need a place to talk Xeans 22:48, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
- Hopefully you'll find that acceptance is a part of the furry community elsewhere as well. Welcome aboard! :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 23:02, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
What are they, the creatures wiki gives some pretty detailed info on the game, but it's from a stanspoint that would only be helpful to someone who has played the games before...
So what is it about?
-YAY BUNNIES :3 14:23, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
- Creatures is about breeding and taking care of digital life forms called norns. It takes place in a relatively benign world, which nevertheless has a number of passive and active hazards (including other creatures) which the player must guard against - or not, as they wish.
- The creatures have a form of "digital DNA" which determines their drives, instincts and the chemical reactions which sustain them. They may also learn new things as a result of their interaction with the world - for example, they might learn that hot things hurt them, and so should be avoided (unless their DNA is wired to tell them that pain is good - or even allows it to live off pain as a source of nourishment). On mating, the DNA of one parent is mixed with that of another, and parts may be added or removed, which may or may not result in viable offspring.
- Like the norns, the world itself is alive, to an extent. It has various scripted objects in the world - food, toys, tools, or even other animals - which the creatures (and sometimes the player) can interact with. The objects may reproduce themselves, or more commonly be created by a parent object.
- Creatures is distinguished from similar games in many ways: perhaps the biggest is that the brain, chemical systems and the surrounding world are simulated in far more depth; and death is not only a fact of life, but a common one, though it remains emotionally charged (especially for the target audience).
- The game series spawned a wide array of customizations that continues to this day, with hundreds of new breeds of the various species in the game (some looking nothing like the originals), new or modified objects and new worlds for the creatures to inhabit. --GreenReaper(talk) 17:06, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
Good Evening GreenReaper, thanks for the e-mail. Actually there are a few things that I would like to find out about WikiFur, that would enhance my presence on the site. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Rukario (talk • contribs) .