This is an archive page, covering general talk on my user talk page from 6 April to 22 July 2006. Please do not edit this page - if you wish to bring up a topic, copy the relevant portion into a new section on the current page. Thanks! --GreenReaper(talk)
- 1 Hi you ...
- 2 Hi, GreenReaper
- 3 Moving assistance.
- 4 Thanks
- 5 Questions about Des Lee?
- 6 Thanks for the Welcome!
- 7 Hi Back.
- 8 Hello
- 9 Thanks for the assistance
- 10 Thanks!
- 11 Transformation
- 12 Thank you
- 13 Thank you!
- 14 hi
- 15 Hiya!
- 16 Thanks!
- 17 Reply
- 18 Cleanup?
- 19 Forum
- 20 Hey, man
- 21 Furpile
- 22 Thanks from the newbie
- 23 Galciv
- 24 Flyers
- 25 Brillliant Right!
- 26 Hello!
- 27 Thanks
- 28 regards
- 29 Hi.
- 30 (sic)
- 31 Multiple edits
- 32 What was the killhamster article here?
- 33 Hello
- 34 Thanks
- 35 hi hehehehe
- 36 Thanks
- 37 Tigerpaw accounts
- 38 Hello
- 39 This message has been hidden
- 40 Possible description for outsiders...or something?
Hi you ...
Thanks for your welcome! I only joined 'cause somebody made a wiki page about me ... and in some kind it was wrong. x_x; So that's all.
--Meeko 01:40, 25 Mai 2006 (UTC)
This is partly a test to see if I've got this editor figured out before I do anything important with it. I notice someone put in an entry for yours truly (in fact that's how I wandered in - I was checking old Other Suns links which led to Nicolai's entry which led to mine) which I may update later; at least I suppose the fact that I was Den Mother of ConFurence for years and am now holding that position in CaliFur is at interesting as anything already there. Also an excuse for putting in a few Ursa Major links inasmuch as I maintain the Recommended List.
Speaking of which, I got your note suggesting the addition of WikiFur to the Recommended Anthropomorphics list for this year - makes sense, though I'll have to discuss where to put it with the rest of the committee. We're currently counting nominations for this year's Ursa Major ballot. --Yealurowluro 00:58, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- Glad you got my note! I wasn't entirely sure if I should suggest it myself, but I figured it's something that's worth reading. :-)
- It looks like you have the wiki editing figured out. Please do contribute to any articles you find lacking, and good luck figuring out those nominations. --GreenReaper(talk) 21:04, 5 April 2006 (PDT)
Thanks for the help moving the page for my listing. I was woundering if it should have been moved over as you did, but didn't have time IRL to send a message. The dire warning kinda steared me off. (I figured I would mess around with my own page before messing up some one elses =)
- No problem! A lot of people start off in the User: namespace, as that's where you would normally do it on (e.g.) Wikipedia.
Let me know if I'm misplacing anyother articles so we can keep the database as consistant as possable! (Or if you have any other suggestions)
- I'm sure I or another contributor will let you know should that be the case. :-)
I hope the format of the post is accaptable. I wrote the thing in third person as if I was writing about someone else. Thanks again - PG
- That was fine. Feel free to edit your User: page if you want to say something from first-person persepective in addition to that which is already there (but don't feel you have to - most people are just fine with what's on the page about them already). --GreenReaper(talk) 03:02, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
Thank you for the kind welcome. Though I've been active on Wikipedia forever (and I'm admin there), I've only just discovered wikifur today. I'm happy to help out in any area that needs it, and I've already added stubs for Wild Life and Wildlifers! Andrew Lenahan - Starblind 15:43, 7 April 2006 (PDT)
Questions about Des Lee?
Hey there! Thought I'd drop a line and see if I could answer any questions you might have about Desiree. I set up a basic entry for her awhile ago, but I'd noticed you had a question or two concerning her on my page. Anyway, if I can be of assistance, let me know! Thanks!
- Note my recent edit and comment on the talk page, but I'll carry over here and say that I think the question was about those quote-marks around "friend". -- Siege(talk) 20:30, 22 April 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the Welcome!
I was figuring it would come at some point or another. Very much appreciated. :) Bastique 13:00, 27 April 2006 (UTC)
This is a bit awkward, but I think this is the right way to do it. I'm looking over a variety of articles to see what I can add to. I lengthened Ken Fletcher's piece a little -- he deserves more, but it's hard to do him justice, even knowing him fairly well. (Ken is modest to the point of humility.) Kevin Duane's piece broke me up. I could add 10,000 words, but wouldn't know where to start. And do I want to make him out a clown, a villain, a well-intentioned schlemiel, or just a guy who got a lot of bad breaks? Then there was Steve Martin. Another perplexing case. I had to add a bit more detail to the "controversy" section, that put the customs debacle in a somewhat better light.
Ah... I wonder what other delights await? --Taral Wayne
- It can be hard. Pages can and have been written about past disputes, but in the end the actual situation can usually be boiled down to just a few paragraphs written in a fairly dry tone. If in doubt, just add the facts, and try to make sure you don't leave out any facts in a way that could be viewed as biased by not giving reasonable coverage of all sides of the story. If you think you're up to writing a more lengthy piece, and you think it is appropriate for the article concerned, be bold and do so. Wikipedia has lots of advice on how to go about this.
- Whatever you do decide to add, thank you for taking the time to do so. WikiFur relies on the contributions of those who know the full history of events, and in many cases there are only a few people in the world who do. Hopefully this project will go some way towards ensuring that the history of the fandom doesn't fade away, as I think that would be a shame.
- Oh, and note that you can sign comments on talk pages with ~~~~, or just ~~~ if you want to do it without the date. There's no need to do so on the main article pages, as they're intended to be community work anyway (and a full history of contributions is kept in the history tab if it's required). --GreenReaper(talk) 10:02, 30 April 2006 (UTC)
- I think I'll just leave the Kevin Duane item as it is. While there's a hundred times more, it isn't really that important, and what's there is probably impartial enough. Though I doubt very much Kevin would own up to much on the negative side of the ledger.
- By the way, what would keep him from editing out everything he didn't like, and painting a glowing picture of himself?
- Nothing. However, he'd probably find such edits mysteriously changed back a few minutes later. Some people around here tend to watch recent changes like a hawk and can very quickly pick up on editors who are trying to modify history, especially their own. There are established procedures for requesting the removal of certain items of personal information. Blanking or removing information without comment do not count, and won't have the desired effect. --GreenReaper(talk) 10:20, 30 April 2006 (UTC)
Hi, thanks for the welcome! I just have to say that I'm very impressed by the speed at which the articles are updated :)
--MrZebra 10:16, 30 April 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the assistance
Thank you for loading a higher-resolution picture for me. I appreciate that. And thanks for the welcome as well. :)
Thank you for your barnstar award, I appreciate your recognition. I have found in recent weeks just how difficult it is to start a Wika, and it's always nice to have someone appreciate the work. While I still need to read up on the goals and concept of this Wiki, I'm a big comic book fan and can hopefully help with some new content. You can contact me at my talk page at The O.C. Wikia. - Xtreme680 09:33, 6 May 2006 (UTC)
- I did get a indeed get a positive hit for the rhyme, but Google turned up nothing relevant for Lanelet, Elidia, Zaikhoeven, or "Duncan Frasier" and "Robert Lambe". I tried several different spelling variants and still came up with nothing. Now, I'm willing to grant that Google is not actually the sum of all knowledge, but the lack of hits and the near-unreadability of the edit makes me suspicious. ----DuncanDaHusky(talk) 18:55, 10 May 2006 (UTC)
- Duncan Frasier is cited as the author of the rhyme in the above link. Robert Lambe is likely to be this guy.
- I've done some further research and I think I see the problem: it's written in the arcane and byzantine languange of academese, a language I'm afraid I lost my fluency in years ago (and besides, I only ever spoke technical academese - I think it relates to Liberal Arts academese like Classical Latin to Vulgate Latin :-) I'll warrant that it was a valid edit, but written so impenetrably I would question its value. I've found a couple of useful links that might help; I'll probably poke at it a bit more tonight.----DuncanDaHusky(talk) 19:17, 10 May 2006 (UTC)
- 1. I am able to translate this. It's pretty much just a load of academic-paper-filling bull, and says very little of relevancy to our wiki.
- 2. Here, lemme take a whack at rebuilding that section.
- -- Siege(talk) 23:32, 26 June 2006 (UTC)
Thank you for fixing my first upload :D I just joined and I'm still trying to get used to it all. I hope I atleast put THIS post in the correct place.
- *grins* - yep, you just need to sign it! You can use ~~~~ to do that (or ~~~ if you don't want to put the date). --GreenReaper(talk) 05:16, 13 May 2006 (UTC)
The page looks great, hun! Thanks for editing it a bit for me! There are also more WikiFur pages about me including Xelaros and Spirit Creations. I see that you guys don't have a page up for Maned Wolves which I would like to create. Thanks for your help! Give me suggestions any time!
"Girl's amateur use of makeup by applying too much and her voice make are evidence she is a teenager below the age of eighteen." That wasn't meant as personal, though. It was more a Sherlock Holmes style detective work. I just want to be clear it was not my intention. I probably wrote it wrong. SleepAtWork 14:10, 21 May 2006 (UTC)
- It just seemed . . . well, like something you'd post on LiveJournal rather than in an encyclopedia, in much the same way as you get anti-furries taking pictures of fat people at cons and going "hey, look, aren't furries fat!" - maybe that wasn't your intention, but it was the vibe I got from your words. Her own words make her look bad enough as it is without pointing out her use of makeup.
- A secondary consideration is that page is intended to be just a list of links rather than an in-depth discussion of them. If you really want to write up the details (which would probably include details from both videos), you could make an article on it and then link to it, as with the other articles linked from the media links page. --GreenReaper(talk) 18:10, 21 May 2006 (UTC)
- Hmmm... you have an odd idea of copying the threads of talk and putting it on both talk pages. Well back to the topic, I also forgot the eyebrows were unplucked (I just wanted to write that down somewhere) as giving evidence that she was a minor. I think I'll put likely minor in the article. Umm.. I don't know if it's worthy of an article itself. It mostly is just a webcam video and then speaking of the vanity fair article. It would be different if it went through the things produced by actual furries, like her reaction to furry pornography art, but I think the video looks like little effort was put into it, and the humor was mostly the behavior of the girl herself. Encyclopedia Dramatica and some of the TV spots for instance do put some effort into their work. SleepAtWork 15:16, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- I can just see that sequel: "Valley Girl, Furry Porn". Nuts and berries, indeed!
- I actually think there's an opportunity to do a good video on furries and put it up there. The question would be whether or not anyone would go around with a videocamera at (say) Anthrocon and film it, and whether or not people would agree to its distribution. Maybe if it was done by someone already respected in the community.
- Based on my experience, furries at cons get very nervous when there is a camera rolling, due to past bad experiences. I wouldn't recommend holding your breath on getting permission to broadcast anything that's filmed. :-/ --Giza 19:54, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- Do you mean having documentation here on WikiFur, or elsewhere? If it's here on WikiFur, would such an article still be considered "encyclopedic"? --Giza 21:01, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- I believe that there is certainly room on WikiFur for material that is created by a particular person or group of people, something like "RandomVulpine's guide to making furry feet". Some use their own websites for such material, but if people want to put them up on WikiFur then I think we should be open to that. These should naturally be clearly tagged with a template similar to the current personal articles one, and should be placed in the User: namespace, or possibly a separate namespace designed for the purpose - Tutorial:, say. They could be linked to from regular articles, though it might be good to make a separately-headed section for them to separate them from the regular links that you'd get in See also.
Off subject, when the game Spore comes out (a design evolution), I expect it may have something for furry gaming. SleepAtWork 15:18, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- I agree, though Second Life seems to have grabbing most of the virtual furry world for now. --GreenReaper(talk) 18:55, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
Hey there! Thanks for the warm greet. I didn't exactly get to finish last night due to work issues, AND the fact I wasn't completely sure what I was doing (lol) Looks like someone was kind enough to get the basics started for me anyway :-)
As I learn a little more, I'd really like to be more active in the Wiki community so hopefully you'll see a little more of me ;-)
Thanks man, this is the best Wiki EVER! - MegaKitsune
' I guess you found your way here from the creatures wiki'
Sort of, pretty long story. I think I found them both at relatively the same time, when I started using wikipedia.
Thanks for the friendly welcomes! --Listeel 14:32, 30 May 2006 (UTC)
Well, I've finished both the Extinctioners page and the individual character pages but some of them have a clean up not at the top, how can you clean up what little (in some cases) is there? --RVDDP2501
- Perhaps they were referring to the manner in which the text was phrased? For example, it might have been written in first-person, when third-person is more appropriate for an encyclopedia. It might also be that formatting was non-standard or that the article was not correctly categorized (we really need to get specific templates for these, right now cleanup is used for everything). You can always ask the person who put the tag on the article what their precise reasoning was. --GreenReaper(talk) 00:42, 7 June 2006 (UTC)
Good timezone. The forums are all set up and ready to go. Let me know if you want help changing anything. I added a help page but it's a bit basic at the moment, because I'm still figuring out how things work and what we need to know! It will be good to see how it goes. Later -- sannse (talk) 13:41, 8 June 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the welcome and comments. I got tagged for cleanup for my article, but I'm not exactly sure where I should start looking to clean it up. Any thoughts? --User:Réizàr
- You'd have to ask User:DuncanDaHusky about that, since he tagged it. However, this passage does spring to mind as one example:
- His most noticeable feature is the moon-and-star tattoo on the back of his left hand, but when asked for a meaning, the most one can expect of the enigmatic weretiger is a sliht shrug, not out of rudeness, but because he has yet to find an actual meaning for it beyond something he drew one day in a fit of boredom.
- It's an encyclopedia article, not a MUCK character description. It could just as easily be something like "His most noticeable feature is the moon-and-star tattoo on the back of his left hand, which has no inherent meaning." There's no call to be mysterious about it. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 23:59, 8 June 2006 (UTC)
- Ah, okay. Odd though; that's been there for a while, and I was referring to myself IRL. I'll look it over though, and think of a way to simplify it. Thanks.
- That's just an example of something that popped out at me. He might have been looking at at something else. Given the size of WikiFur, not all people will have read all articles, and so they may come across something that they disagree with that they'd also have disagreed with beforehand. They may also have a threshold before they actually do something about it. --GreenReaper(talk) 02:00, 9 June 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah, it's pretty big here. I'll skim over it a few more times and ask Duncan what else he thinks needs to be cleaned up. One of these days I'll get it right. Hah.
I've noticed that sometimes the Furpile link goes unupdated, so I've been choosing articles for it. Essentially I've been clicking "Random page" until something suitable turns up. I'm only trying to keep it from going empty, so I won't update it further than a day ahead. So if you want to nominate things you still can. --Rat 04:06, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks! As noted on the page, you can choose as many as you like at once, as long as you don't repeat stuff that's coming up or was recently requested. --GreenReaper(talk) 05:35, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
Thanks from the newbie
I just want to say thanks for correcting my spelling errors and welcoming me on my first page. Very appriciated! ~Kuzzy
I asked you some questions on that wiki. I don't know if you check it often, so I will note it here. SleepAtWork 13:47, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
Hmmm you are faster on checking encyclopedia dramatica than here. SleepAtWork 22:20, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
- Patience. I get watchlist emails everywhere, I just sometimes don't get around to pressing "Save page" until I have had time to give a proper response. It's only just past breakfast here. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 22:22, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
- Hmm watchlists can send emails. SleepAtWork 23:10, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
I forgot your room number already. But I trust that you found my note about the flyers in the meetup page. I even tried looking for you for an hour. That was rather fun. Spot the norn in the furpile. And without a cell number, I couldn't directly contact you.
- Don't have a cell phone! But yes, we did indeed meetup, so that was OK. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 01:52, 19 June 2006 (UTC)
http://www.truechristian.com/furriesa.html Interesting! Just wanted to see what you guys think.
- It's good to see such an authoritative and popular site covering the topic! Shame about the colour scheme, but eh, what can you do? --GreenReaper(talk) 17:20, 19 June 2006 (UTC)
- How much of that site did you look at? Not exactly the most flattering portayal of furries. If anything, I'm glad they chose a color scheme that makes it look like an amateur rant. --mwalimu 18:43, 19 June 2006 (UTC)
- Hmm, okay. My bad. --mwalimu 19:46, 19 June 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the warm welcome! ^-^ I thought this was the best way to display our music to the furry community! I'll be sure to ask you if i need help. Thanks again, Ether
Thanks for the great welcome. If there is anything that I can do to help, feel free to ask.
Ghear maidth agus :) thank you for the welcome. I, too, joined since someone created a wiki of me and my fiance. I figured I needed to correct our wikis and make them as unbiased as possible.
Thanks for welcoming me. I myself am a wizard at Frontier Galaxy MUCK so I figured if nothing else, it'd be my duty to correct that that little entry. Though I'm blindly stumbling through Wiki's system presently, glad I'm only editing and not adding articles, need to read a bit more before I try something like that. (And I would if I didn't have homework for a test, heh!) --Autolycus
- Well, it's great that you had the time to fix it up - and should you find any more later, feel free to try your hand at making articles yourself. If it looks like you need help I'm sure one of our regular contributors will step in and lend a hand. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 07:01, 25 June 2006 (UTC)
I really apologize for all the edits, I'm new to any sort of wiki, so I'm just trying to get it as perfect as possible XD --Nekonaru Letao
- It's no real problem. Perfection is an admirable goal to have. :-) Oh, one more tip - you can sign your name on talk pages with ~~~, or ~~~~ to get the date as well. It helps people reading to see who said what! --GreenReaper(talk) 01:50, 29 June 2006 (UTC)
What was the killhamster article here?
You said: "I would note that the article about "killhamster", whose article was used as a reference, was deleted, twice, for being totally full of nonsense added by himself and his friends."
I referenced his livejournal and the edit dispute in the LJ was talking about on ED. Umm... did he make an article on wikifur? SleepAtWork 09:06, 1 July 2006 (UTC)
- Yes. It was at various times a duplicate of User:Killhamster on ED, and/or random nonsense. --GreenReaper(talk) 09:15, 1 July 2006 (UTC)
Hi GreenReaper, thanks forleaving a note on my talk page. Lilim 04:41, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for helping me delete the left over pages from the recent vandalism. It's much appreciated :) -- DeVandalizer 23:16, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
- Seemed like a similar pattern to last time. If it happens again I'll get the staff to do a checkuser to get their IP and see if we can do a range block. --GreenReaper(talk) 23:21, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
- Sounds like a good plan. I saw the user page creation in recent changes and I had some inkling something was going to go down -- the pattern was far too similar. -- DeVandalizer 23:28, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
hay there thank you for your intrest come some time later
I just wanted to say thank you for all the help you've provided while I continue to learn how to use the features in here. I'll try my best to keep improving, and hopefully provide more information where I can. =^_^=
Kendareru Neko-sama 16:55, 12 July 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for welcome me. As for the User:TigerPaw thingy probally forgot it. can delete it if you would like.
- No problem. I'll set a redirect so it goes to your new account. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 16:41, 13 July 2006 (UTC)
Ok, sounds good to me, probally would have done it myself, but im kinda still learning all the tricks to the wiki stuff.
- No problem! In fact Sine did the first part of the work on the article about you. I have done some more work and removed the cleanup tag at the top. Oh, and on talk pages, remember to sign your name with ~~~~ so people know who is talking. Have a nice evening! :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 21:04, 13 July 2006 (UTC)
on your talk page at wikipedia by one of their vandalizing admins
Possible description for outsiders...or something?
Hi, Green. If you could, please read this little piece I wrote (almost unintentionally) on my user page.
User:Tagenar, the Guide section. It's a sendup of Douglas Adams.
I have enjoyed exploring WikiFur over the last few months, and my experience as a whole is summed up in Guide haha. Maybe it could be used as an official description...or something just to make everyone grin? Either way :-)--Tagenar 16:16, 19 July 2006 (UTC)
- Actually, I dropped by when you made the initial edit! It's not really "official" enough to be a description that I think we could use without people getting confused as to whether or not we were a joke site (and besides, I suspect Wikipedia would have quibbles with the definition - they are very clear about what things are part of their Wikimedia Foundation, and we're not), but it was amusing. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 16:40, 19 July 2006 (UTC)
- As long as it was amusing. Even if it's an inside joke, that really was the only intent ;-) Thanks.--Tagenar 17:51, 19 July 2006 (UTC)