User talk:Gmork7/Phenomic freedom
From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
Frankly, this seems not just to have been coined, but only used by the person noted. Perhaps it should instead be a section on the page about him? Or a subpage of the article? Thoughts? --GreenReaper(talk) 21:38, 5 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- At least one other person is known to have used the term: Ganson. Search for phenomic freedom as an interest on LiveJournal and at least two people show up? I don't know what impact that would have on the decision. Controlled phenomism has admittedly only been used by me so far.
- The other thing too is that if the term were listed on the entry for my person I don't know how helpful that might be for a fur looking for a term that could define what this term defines as it would be conglomerated amidst all the other stuff on there.
- I'm a bit new to the wiki thing, and I know it's not like a personal homepage so I'm not trying to use it as such... just noting that if I come across as if I am, although I didn't start this particular entry. And what's a subpage? How does it work? -- Gmork
- Subpages are special pages which are automatically linked to their 'parent' pages with a breadcrum link. Since they are specail like that and have some other odd properties, they are not turned on in the main namespace. You currently use them only in the User: and WikiFur: namespace. As well as any _talk: namespace. Current examples are WikiFur:Boiler_Plate_Text, all the links on that page are subpages of that page. Likewise, Talk:Babyfur/Page 2 is a subpage of Talk:Babyfur.
- To create a subpage, first link to it from its parent page by making a link that starts with a slash. [[/sub page name|My sub page]]. Or you can edit the URL and add the /sub page name to the end of the URL of the parent page. Now edit the subpage and save its contents, the breadcrum link will automaticly be placed under the title. Finally, to link to the subpage from somewhere other than its parent. Use the full page name, so if that subpage was a subpage of this talk page, you would link it with [[Editing Talk:Phenomic freedom/sub page name|The interesting talk subpage]]. And yes, you can make subpages of subpages, at which point the breadcrum links will start to show their multiple levels of depth with links to each parent. --Nidonocu - talk 11:12, 7 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- Beautiful... I think I'm going to move this entry into a subpage of A. C. Gmork Labyrinthian Kadran X. H. I feel, as GreenReaper has suggested, that although it was submitted by someone (perhaps someone I talked to at MFM) that it probably should just be a subpage due to it's not-quite-as-popular use... yet ;-) --- Gmork
- Okay, I don't know what to do. I think it's a useful term, but then again I 'coined' it. I don't really know how to sub-page it if main articles don't support the namespace. I could put it under my user article, but if I categorize it I don't know if that'll look funny in the category listing for terms. If put it in my main article I can't categorize it under terms, where it could prove to be useful. Thoughts? --- Gmork
- You know what? It's not worth the hassle . . . let's just leave it here. It'll take up one line in the terms category anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter if it's in the user namespace or not. The article makes it fairly clear that it's mostly used by just a few people at this time, and there are probably similar terms out there. Sorry for taking up everyone's time - at least we all learnt a bit about subpages. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 19:32, 7 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- LOL, an interesting ride, hope I didn't make too much trouble for the administrators to delete the article. I had to go too so I left the chat. Let's try this signature thingy... --- ACGLKXH 23:25, 7 Sep 2005 (UTC)