- 1 Blocking Meepsheep
- 2 Templates on transcluded pages
- 3 Bots
- 4 encyclopediadramatica.ch Unavailable?
- 5 Questions
- 6 Twilightwolf4
- 7 Disregard the email I just sent
- 8 Finally got round to editing the Dinosaur page
- 9 Policy Question
- 10 Standard formatting
- 11 Hi
- 12 ED article inaccuracies
- 13 Stop it
- 14 you
- 15 Obligatory "omg you like knights of the old republic?"
- 16 Re: Re:
- 17 RE:
- 18 Thanks
- 19 Re:
- 20 Re:
- 21 Talk:Equivamp
Wait, so I'm not welcome here? Meepsheep wasn't making negative edits, as far as I saw. We're welcome there, as long as we're good; aren't we supposed to assume good faith? Equivamp 10:22, 19 June 2011 (EDT)
- Meepsheep has been responsible for significant disruption of this wiki in the past few months, as he has at Wikipedia and several other wikis. Massive, continued proxy abuse, front page and template vandalism, you name it. I have reported this abuse to his ISP on more than one occasion. He is not welcome here, period. --GreenReaper(talk) 15:48, 19 June 2011 (EDT)
- To answer your more general question: contributors to WikiFur are expected to remain neutral, and actions which call this neutrality into question are problematic. We cannot assume you are editing an article about a person in good faith if you are also making fun of them over at ED (or elsewhere). I have blocked at least one editor for this precise activity in the past. You really need to make a choice – do you want to be known as a person who fairly and dispassionately reports on the fandom and those within in, or one who publicly documents the weaknesses and failings of fellow fans for your own amusement? --GreenReaper(talk) 17:00, 19 June 2011 (EDT)
- I see. I hadn't realized wikifur was so inclusive, or that I'd ever made any negative edits to this wiki. Equivamp 09:29, 20 June 2011 (EDT)
- "We cannot assume you are editing an article about a person in good faith if you are also making fun of them" This is a more challenging assumption to make, but I believe it's still possible to do so. In many cases, assumption is more of a policy or active effort rather than a mood. A lot of us can be very paranoid and mistrusting, but still follow that policy in contradiction to our intuitions. I think the most correct way to evaluate neutrality is to judge the edits themselves, rather than to judge the editor based on what you perceive them doing elsewhere. Ty 01:03, 26 August 2011 (EDT)
Templates on transcluded pages
I just thought I'd point out that when you stick a template on a page that template also appears (in the exact same form) in any pages that it's transcluded in (so for example that info box you marked for merging was transcluded in the article proper, so therefore the template was too). The easiest way to fix that is to use noinclude tags like that-El, oh, el 19:22, 21 June 2011 (EDT)
Is there anyway to have a bot put ContributorU on user pages, at least the ones with a matching article name? Or, perhaps, one that puts welcome templates on the talk pages of new users? Equivamp 19:53, 22 June 2011 (EDT)
- Both of those are technically feasible, but the first would require writing a bot script and assumes they are the same person, while I'm not sure the second is a good idea in general. Welcomes are at best rather impersonal if you have a bot do them, and at worst end up looking stupid when you start welcoming vandals (faking the last admin to edit signing it only makes it worse, as seen at Wikia). --GreenReaper(talk) 20:02, 22 June 2011 (EDT)
- All right. Just a thought I was wondering about. Equivamp 20:11, 22 June 2011 (EDT)
I've gotten a problem; whenever I type in encyclopediadramatica.ch since this morning, it takes me to Virgin Media advanced search ( Virgin Media is my current ISP ). Is anyone else having this problem? Or is VM blocking ED for no good reason? ( kind of like how AT&T blocked 4chan a little while ago ). But anyway, what is wrong with the site? - Another n00b 10:32, 28 June 2011 (EDT)
- The domain name does not officially exist, which is why Virgin Media search is coming up (presumably they're one of those who annoyingly take over such results for their own purposes). However, it is registered. This suggests that it has been blocked for some reason, perhaps due to it's domain registrar's malware policy. --GreenReaper(talk) 10:39, 28 June 2011 (EDT)
What do you define the difference between a fursuit and an animal costume? The subject has come up at Wikipedia's fursuit article, but I'm a rather poor debater, and feel my opinion is pretty closed-minded. My opinion is that a fursuit is only a fursuit if associated with furry, otherwise, it's an animal or mascot costume. However, I know that some feel an animal costume is a fursuit, and the two are synonymous. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this. Equivamp 12:43, 28 June 2011 (EDT)
- As it happens I was already reading that discussion. I think my response would be much the same as yours - certainly, animal costumes existed, but they were not used for the same reasons, nor (apparently) called the same thing. I might respond there, but I'm a little busy at work now. --GreenReaper(talk) 12:49, 28 June 2011 (EDT)
Also, whenever I try to edit a section or add a new section, the wiki tries to replace the entire text with the section. Any thoughts on why this is? It may have something to do with the fact that I am using Internet Explorer, which gives me problems in general on this Wiki. Equivamp 12:45, 28 June 2011 (EDT)
- What version of IE is it? Does it happen if you do turn off the advanced editing functions in preferences so that you no longer have the WikiEditor toolbar showing? --GreenReaper(talk) 12:49, 28 June 2011 (EDT)
- It's the newest version. The only difference between the newest version and the older one (which I used on my PC) is that this allows me to edit, as long as I do not scroll down the page, whereas the older would simply lock up my computer if I even went to an edit page. The only way I am able to edit on this laptop I often use is by typing without scrolling too much, and then clicking the "Changes" tab, where it allows me to scroll down to click save. I have just turned off the advanced editing functions, and it still did it. Equivamp 13:03, 28 June 2011 (EDT)
Can anyone revert this user discussion page back to the privious edits by Greenreaper considering there is evidence of this user history of recoloring artwork without the user permission. Not to mention she has been banned from DA for this recently. Original account Twilightwolf4 The evasion account twilight-kun The recent journal as well as previous journal confirms this fact. also this account hawkshadow741 the comments give an idea of how many evasions she has made. though there is a lot more information about this user on deviantart considering she is banned from there as well for the same behavior.Tridragon 15:26, 29 June 2011 (EDT)
Disregard the email I just sent
You took care of it. Equivamp 21:44, 2 July 2011 (EDT)
Actually, now might be a good time to ask. I'd like to be able to fight vandalism with greater ease. And while it wouldn't have helped much in this last situation, would it be too much of me to request rollback privelages? Equivamp 21:55, 2 July 2011 (EDT)
- Sure. --GreenReaper(talk) 22:01, 2 July 2011 (EDT)
Finally got round to editing the Dinosaur page
Hello Equivamp :3 I finally got round to fixing that damn Dinosaur page. I hope its up to standard and there are no errors. Please contact me via email if you spot anything that needs changing: Well_Tossed_Salad@hotmail.com. Sorry it took so long. I feel it might not contain enough information about its relation to the furry fandom however. Would it be possible to ask that people add that in a separate paragraph on that page, rather than removing the scientific information that I had added, as I have no doubt that it will fill with crud again if the facts are removed.Palaeofox 10:11, 5 July 2011 (EDT)
Do I need permission to write an article about somebody or could I create a stub based off of information on someone simply based off of their FurAffinity information? Equivamptalk 12:17, 14 July 2011 (EDT)
- Anyone can start an article on any topic, unless a personal exclusion is in effect. --GreenReaper(talk) 12:32, 14 July 2011 (EDT)
Two things you may want to keep in mind:
- The entries in an external link list are bulleted with a "*" at the start.
- The standard category orders go: "People" -> Activity-related ("Artists", "Fursuiters", etc) -> Species/character categories ("Wolf characters", "Second Life characters", etc) -> Geographical categories -> Date-related categories. --Higgs Raccoon 03:35, 16 July 2011 (EDT)
Please stop edit warring, an admin has already corrected you! Ô 18:23, 17 July 2011 (EDT)
- I also notice you are an ED user, classy. You shouldn't be on here for that reason alone! Ô 18:36, 17 July 2011 (EDT)
- I am only trying to improve the site. Yes, I am new here, but it doesn't take long to see that WikiFur is going downhill. Also, ED users have done nothing but attack this site and the entire community! Ô 18:47, 17 July 2011 (EDT)
TL;DR: Trolls trolling trolls
Side Note: It's probably Meepsheep, considering both I.P.s are from Colorado.
Update: It's Meepsheep.
ED article inaccuracies
<o> 23:10, 26 July 2011 (EDT)
get on yahoo. now.
- Apparently you can access Messenger through Yahoo Mail if you really want to. --GreenReaper(talk) 15:41, 27 July 2011 (EDT)
- We've had further conversation. This sort of thing happens every now and again in some cases. For the record, all I really told him about you was that you wouldn't respond well to vague threats - which was apparently correct. --GreenReaper(talk) 21:21, 27 July 2011 (EDT)
Obligatory "omg you like knights of the old republic?"
Star Wars o/ Friend owns KotOR 1 and 2, though for some odd reason 2 is compatible with his machine but will only work without sound. --DW 23:03, 6 August 2011 (EDT)
Like I said, Star Wars o/ and D&D-based rules o/ --DW 23:52, 6 August 2011 (EDT)
Do I know you???? Mareep 18:51, 22 August 2011 (EDT)
- ARE YOU MILKING ME??? I AM NOTE OF THE BOVINE VARIETY!!! I WANT A LAWYER Pants 01:14, 26 August 2011 (EDT)
- This clothing seems intolerant of lactose. Ty 00:39, 3 September 2011 (EDT)
Hey, Thanks for sorting out the copyright on my upload :) Bi-snow 16:33, 4 September 2011 (EDT)
Yeah, she created an account and then decided that she didn't want to make her own page and asked me to create an account and do it. xD (She said not to mention that I know her, though. But I guess I just did. xD)And thanks. I had no clue how I was suppost to respond. --TwistedGreenDragon 13:58, 1 September 2011 (EDT)
I was told to look at a non existent page for content requirements for my user page. As this resource is not available I reserve the right to have my user page look however I want. Page I was told to look at Furry_Book_of_Style If this resource was just mis-linked, than I will comply with whatever is in it if I revive notification of the correct link.
Found it. it was miss-linked.