From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
|I work full-time nightshifts in a factory, but as always, if you try to contact me I will get back with you as soon as possible.
|Archives can be found here.
Category order is something I've struggled with since joining WikiFur, as I'm sure you've noticed. I'd do better remembering if I had a visual list somewhere to refer to. Since you've been the one following me around with a broom and dustpan this entire time, I figured I'd ask you if you could provide me with one. Equivamp - talk 17:29, 12 September 2014 (EDT)
- I follow the example of our Category Lead, Sine:
- [[Category:People]] always first
- Activity-related categories ([[Category:Artists]], [[Category:Fursuiters]], constaff categories, guest-of-honour categories, etc, etc)
- Species-related categories (generally main fursona)
- Geographical categories (locations of significance - place of birth, current residence)
- Time-related categories last (year of birth, year of death)--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 17:59, 12 September 2014 (EDT)
- The basic idea is to lead with categories which are most likely to be of interest to furry readers, which are more specific to the subject, and which are more "important" considering this is an article about a person (i.e. being a comic artist is more important than being a fox character). Category:People is a bit odd given all that, but at least it's easy to remember. Also, having any scheme at all helps when scanning to see if something's been missed out in a particular section of the categories. --GreenReaper(talk) 22:27, 12 September 2014 (EDT)