User talk:EarthFurst/Archive 1
Hi there, EarthFurst! Welcome to WikiFur, and thank you for your contributions over the last week. Let me know if you need any help not already provided. --GreenReaper(talk) 01:03, 24 February 2006 (UTC)
- 1 BritFur and FurCon UK
- 2 Y? Comic
- 3 Comics Category
- 4 infoboxes ?
- 5 WikiFur and fair use?
- 6 about the templates .. i know
- 7 Welcome to WikiFur:Administrators!
- 8 Infobox webcomic
- 9 Patrolled edits
- 10 reference for ezboard closing?
- 11 Cookie!
- 12 22.214.171.124 : block or warning?
- 13 Furry Asia?
- 14 Your edit
- 15 AC in SL?
- 16 Furry-Furry site name and usergroup
- 17 SouthPaw and Southpaw?
- 18 why comic link inside comment?
- 19 Linking to private videos?
- 20 K9 still available
Should these two articles be merged, with one redirecting to the other? They seem to be talking about the same thing, although I must admit I don't know much about it. --GreenReaper(talk) 21:08, 21 May 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you. I've posted my opinion on this issue to Talk:BritFur --EarthFurst 02:06, 23 May 2006 (UTC)
Hey, saw your recent edit - Y? isn't in the main comics category, no. It's listed under the Mature Comics category, so it won't show up in the main category. Just so you know. =3 Spaz Kitty 06:20, 2 July 2006 (UTC)
Hi! Thanks for keeping the comics category page up to date. In the future, could you please include that your removing the comic link because a page for it had been created in your edit summary please. :) -- DeVandalizer 09:40, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
- Oops, I guess I should put my hindpaw in my mouth! I reread it and you did say why. Sorry. ^_^ -- DeVandalizer 09:42, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
- Ah, thank you. (Wish I'd noticed your second comment before sending the comment below) --EarthFurst 09:47, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
- Oops, I thought saying "Removed added entry: Cody" would be sufficient. What wording do you suggest? --EarthFurst 09:43, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
I copied Wikipedia:Template:Infobox Webcomic to Template:Infobox webcomic because I thought having webcomic infoboxes (such as the one at Wikipedia:Aozora) would be nice. The template partially works (example at User:EarthFurst). I'm guessing the rest of that template doesn't work because WikiFur doesn't have Template:If ? WP has Wikipedia:Template:If. --EarthFurst 05:22, 14 August 2006 (UTC)
- According to Splarka, it's due to a problem with tables and parserfunctions on Wikia. He going to try fixing it . . . --GreenReaper(talk) 05:34, 14 August 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you. The changes look promising. I'm going to bed now. Hope to try out the template tomorrow (after signing tenancy agreement for apartment I want to move into). --EarthFurst 05:52, 14 August 2006 (UTC)
WikiFur and fair use?
Hey Rat, which WikiFur user(s) know most about fair use (in US) and/or fair dealing (in Canada)? (I'm hoping you know) --EarthFurst 06:32, 5 November 2006 (UTC)
- I know a certain amount about fair use. Fair dealing, less so (ironic, since I come from the UK, but I didn't really have to deal with it before I came here :-). --GreenReaper(talk) 06:34, 5 November 2006 (UTC)
about the templates .. i know
At the start I just wanted to add cquote template, but that template involves a bunch of other templates that I'm in the process of adding. It feels like they're a Russian nested doll --EarthFurst 08:00, 3 December 2006 (UTC)
- I think I got it working (took longer than I expected). It is 2am now so I'm going to bed and will probably add Rquote template tomorrow. --EarthFurst 09:59, 3 December 2006 (UTC)
Welcome to WikiFur:Administrators!
Be sure to visit the links in the above page to see how to use the extra powers if you've not had sysop access on a wiki before (the bot rollback feature is particularly useful). Remember you can always come onto IRC for more help. Enjoy! :-) GreenReaper(talk) 02:47, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you very much. --EarthFurst 03:12, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
A few quick questions about it?,... Where is the template itself at?, Is there a way to truncate long URLs without breaking them?, How can the Rating icon be centered, instead of being stuck on the right side of the box?, Why is "genres" highlighted, and where does lead?, I get a " (quote) symbol on the articles with the infobox, have you experienced that yourself?, "Caption," is that like "Motto"?, "Launch (d)ate"/"End (D)ate", both upper or both lower?, "Rating(s)", shouldn't it be "Rating"? (Taking the (s) breaks the table),
How I can convince Suzie to go with me to the High School Weenie Roast cook-out? (Oops, forget the last one...>.<)
- Spirou asked "Where is the template itself at?"
- The template is at template:Infobox webcomic.
- Spirou asked "Why is 'genres' highlighted, and where does lead?"
- The Genre field is a link only because that was how the template at Wikipedia was. I've switched Genre from link to plain-text. I'll try and answer the other questions later. --EarthFurst 21:01, 18 December 2006 (UTC)
- No problem, thank you for taking the time =) Spirou 21:08, 18 December 2006 (UTC)
- One las question (sorry,)... Do we use the large or condensed "Censor Panda" buttons on the infoboxes? Spirou 21:27, 18 December 2006 (UTC)
- I don't think there's an official standard. Using a condensed Panda seems fine to me. --EarthFurst 21:37, 18 December 2006 (UTC)
- Spirou asked "Is there a way to truncate long URLs without breaking them?"
- umm, I don't know .. I'm guessing it might require fiddling with the template. --EarthFurst 04:31, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
- Good news. Splarka added a scrollbar to URL field of infobox webcomic template. --EarthFurst 07:19, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
- Spirou asked "How can the Rating icon be centered, instead of being stuck on the right side of the box?"
- Splarka says "the problem with infobox fields is that you have to usually edit the template to center text" --EarthFurst 04:31, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
- Spirou asked "I get a " (quote) symbol on the articles with the infobox, have you experienced that yourself?"
- I think that is because an extra quote snuck into the Genre section of the template template. A recent change to the template by Splarka seems to have fixed that problem. --EarthFurst 04:45, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks to both to you, and Splarka for the help on this matter ^-^ Spirou 04:48, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
Now that you're an administrator, you can mark your own edits as patrolled. Under "preferences", in the "Editing" section, check "Mark edits I make as patrolled" --Rat 20:51, 18 December 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you. --EarthFurst 20:54, 18 December 2006 (UTC)
reference for ezboard closing?
re: reference to EZboard
ok... this is new, so tell me how it tastes ; )
You have been awarded with a Furry-Treat for Being a good Vandalism reverter and other helpfull things : ).
good job! ; )
- Tastes like the colour red. --EarthFurst 23:55, 2 January 2007 (UTC)
- Oh good, it looks more like a cookie now. --EarthFurst 04:16, 14 January 2007 (UTC)
126.96.36.199 : block or warning?
Hmm, would you say 188.8.131.52's math edit (to Tristan Thilorn) should result in a block or just a warning? --EarthFurst 15:06, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
- I wasn't really sure if it was vandalism, or just an attempt to edit that went wrong, so I was going to wait for a while and see if they tried it again. As they didn't return, I've just added the dontvandalize tag to their talk page. --Higgs Raccoon 20:34, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
- I should have been clearer when first creating the list; all I did was copy over what was sitting at Groups to add in Category:Mailing lists. I don't know anything about them. -- Sine 21:15, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
You rolled back an anonymous edit. Maybe you have information I don't but for all I know, it could be false, or no longer true. Or maybe it's the subject with privacy concerns. At least try to open a discussion with the editor. It's not related to furry so it's okay to leave it out if we're not sure. --Rat 05:03, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
- I saw that - I dropped an email to Jennifer's given address, will see if I get a response. In general, I feel it's best to check first with them if possible. Reverting people who are trying to remove some small piece of personal information can often lead to them getting annoyed and demanding the whole thing removed, which is non-optimal. Oh, and it helps to leave a note on their talk page as well. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 05:15, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
AC in SL?
Is AC in SL planned as an event (ie. only happening during Anthrocon) or is it planned as a ongoing/year-round Second Life location? --EarthFurst 15:57, 15 March 2007 (UTC)
- Well, considering that its going to be on a sim that I plan to buy, yes it would be ^_^.--Theyain 20:54, 15 March 2007 (UTC)
Furry-Furry site name and usergroup
Hey there. the URL to the site is Furry-Furry. The logo on the site is furry-furry and out e-mails are furry-furry. we (the admins on the site) often refer to it as furry-furry or f2f... or a lot of the times its just "the board" LOL So I guess there really isn't a right or a wrong way *shrugs*
While I'm at it, I tried to create a user template for Furry-Furry, But when i tried to add it to my user page it said it was invalid, not sure if i did something wrong or not >.< —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Frosty orca (talk • contribs) 23:27, 21 August 2007 (UTC).
SouthPaw and Southpaw?
- The second article is about another Southpaw...It may be prudent to move the articles to a different name to avoid confusion. I'll look into it in a bit. --SouthPaw 19:59, 12 September 2007 (UTC)
Was looking at your latest edit of Category:Comics and wondering why you put the Rived's Aliphant external link inside a comment. (Would you prefer a visible link point to the English version of the site?) --EarthFurst 07:11, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
- As I recall, I was changing something else in that article, and some spam-checking filter at wikia.com blocked the edit due to that link. Feel free to try unblocking it, and if it works for you, great. --mwalimu 07:37, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
Linking to private videos?
Just a question stemming from the addition of a private video to the Timeline of media coverage article under the "Back to You" entry... doesn't it seem a bit odd to post a link to which access is restricted (private video), when no provisions are provided to gain access to it? It's kind analogous to posting a link to a friends-locked LiveJournal entry, in the sense that it provides no useful information other than those "in the know". It can only be assumed that if some particular information is private on YouTube or LJ, they have a reason for doing so and it shouldn't be used on something like WikiFur. Just curious, feel free to drop a message back anytime. :) --Scani 16:58, 27 February 2008 (UTC)
- I apologize, didn't look close enough at the diff; seems one of the vids I initially posted has been rendered private and replaced by a new one. I'll just remove it from the article. --Scani 17:01, 27 February 2008 (UTC)
K9 still available
- My apologies. I went to the yiffytoys.de pages and the K9 was listed as “Auslaufmodell”/“discontinued”/“discontinued” so I assumed that meant they were not longer available at yiffytoys.de. I will revert that part of my edit. --EarthFurst 22:11, 3 April 2008 (UTC)