Hi there! Welcome to EarthFurst's talk page. You can send a message to me by editing this page.
If you want to start a new conversation, click here or click the “+” at the top of this page (to the right of “edit this page”).
If you want to comment on a discussion below, edit the appropriate section below. Old conversations are archived at the right - feel free to browse!
You can also chat on #wikifur if you prefer.
Alex A. Fawkes
Since you edited Alex A. Fawkes, I was wondering if you knew where the Alex A. Fawkes comic was. Due to what Scaramouche says, I'm wondering if both the articles are hoaxes. --EarthFurst 09:00, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
- No idea, sorry, I was probably just copy-editing. -- Sine 20:40, 9 October 2006 (UTC)
Articles (the grammar, not the reading material) (A, of, the, etc.), except at the beginning of the title of something, should never be capitalized.
I could be wrong, but you should check a textbook just to be sure.
- I checked englishplus.com and the site says ".. Capitalize all the other words except for a, an, the, .. and prepositions of four letters or fewer." reference.com says "for" is a preposition so lower-case "a" and "for" they should be. --EarthFurst 05:41, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
Just a reminder, with dead links, it may be worthwhile to check http://web.archive.org to see if an archive link would be suitable (or a note in the edit summary saying that an archive version was not found or was not suitable). --Rat 21:17, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
Hi. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that WikiFur:Noticeboard was recently opened. Your input on any open topics would be appreciated, and please feel free to open new topics as you see fit. --mwalimu 04:36, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
Regarding your recent edit to Midwest FurFest 2013, do we really want to get into the practice of listing the dealers who were at a particular convention? It seems to me like going to a level of detail that not many readers would be that interested in and which adds clutter to the article. If some dealer's appearance at a convention is particularly notable for some reason it could still be included, but I don't see why that would be the case with a couple of the dealers you've already listed. --mwalimu 09:30, 3 December 2013 (EST)
- Thought since convention articles list specific events (including shows, panels etc) that listing dealers would also be of interest. Plus the ones that are redlinks let others know which ones don't have articles yet. --EarthFurst 13:32, 3 December 2013 (EST)
- I tend to agree that this information is unlikely to be of particular interest to readers after the convention unless certain dealers were notable by their presence. It might be more interesting to have it on the article about the dealer, so that fans have an idea what conventions they are likely to be at in the future, just as some articles record convention attendance. Even more useful would be to add every dealer to WikiFur, as almost all are likely to be of interest to furries and many may be new up-and-coming artists who we should have articles on. --GreenReaper(talk) 16:12, 3 December 2013 (EST)
Categories in DPL
I hacked in a fix for categories in DPL results. The existing version of DPL was doing something specifically weird and I'm not sure why - the code is hideous. There's a newer version from a different maintainer who's been trying to clean it up, but it doesn't fix that specific problem and adds more breakage right now, so I'm avoiding it until things improve. The front page should work once the DPL cache times out. --GreenReaper(talk) 17:29, 22 April 2015 (EDT)
Artist collectives category
- Thanks for asking. GreenReaper pointed out "They are not individual artists, as is implied for that category." So removing those collectives articles from Category:Artists would be appropriate. --EarthFurst 02:12, 4 August 2015
Hello, I am "Akonite" and noticed you have a page on me using that name.
"Akonite" is a business name I use outside the fandom. I have changed all my fandom names recently to protect my business interests outside the fandom (it was my mistake to use the name in the first place). I don't mind being on the site, but would prefer to be listed under "Kubaryi" which is my fandom name. Current internet search results have damaged some business contacts and I would like to resolve that. I am also currently resolving the name issue on other fandom sites.
I have left the name up on my weasyl page so you can see it's me and see the transition I'm making. https://www.weasyl.com/~akonite
Removal of a Page: Cypherwulf
name removal: Vrekkar
Could you please remove my entry on WikiFur, name: Vrekkar Blaize
Request removal of Toby Pup
Removal of page from Wikifur
I was wondering if we could please remove the Wolfie Stonespirit page from Wikifur as well as any mentioning of Wolfie Stonespirit from any wiki page? I know I'm mentioned on Keba's page and Brown Leopard's page. My records were sealed and therefore I don't have a criminal record, so would like any mentioning of me to please be removed. I started my life fresh from scratch and this has popped up a couple of times preventing me from gaining employment a few times. Please if.if can be removed I'd appreciate it! ~Wolfie
I want this down. ~Vespian
Hi, partner. I want the page written about me taken off. 99% of it is inaccurate/has changed and I not once got permission from anyone to be added among your site's pages. I've long been aware of my addition here, but I've moved on so too should my information. Specifically so with its inaccuracy. Vespian's turned over a new leaf.
I've attempted editing the page merely to wipe clean of its contents but it was restored with fingers pointing back to a curator such as yourself. I know next to nothing about this website or its mechanics, so tell me what I have to do to get my article taken off.