Hi there! Welcome to EarthFurst's talk page. You can send a message to me by editing this page.
If you want to start a new conversation, click here or click the “+” at the top of this page (to the right of “edit this page”).
If you want to comment on a discussion below, edit the appropriate section below. Old conversations are archived at the right - feel free to browse!
You can also chat on #wikifur if you prefer.
- 1 Alex A. Fawkes
- 2 Titles
- 3 Dead Links
- 4 WikiFur Noticeboard
- 5 Con dealers
- 6 Categories in DPL
- 7 Artist collectives category
- 8 Bryce Foxdon page deletion request.
- 9 Akonite
- 10 Why removed furrytimes.net from Ahmar Wolf?
- 11 Request to change page back
- 12 Removal of information - Marcus_The_TechKat
- 13 Requesting Removal
- 14 Lazer Hyena
- 15 Removal of a Page
- 16 Some jerkface just edited two wikis
Alex A. Fawkes
Since you edited Alex A. Fawkes, I was wondering if you knew where the Alex A. Fawkes comic was. Due to what Scaramouche says, I'm wondering if both the articles are hoaxes. --EarthFurst 09:00, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
- No idea, sorry, I was probably just copy-editing. -- Sine 20:40, 9 October 2006 (UTC)
Articles (the grammar, not the reading material) (A, of, the, etc.), except at the beginning of the title of something, should never be capitalized.
I could be wrong, but you should check a textbook just to be sure.
- I checked englishplus.com and the site says ".. Capitalize all the other words except for a, an, the, .. and prepositions of four letters or fewer." reference.com says "for" is a preposition so lower-case "a" and "for" they should be. --EarthFurst 05:41, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
Just a reminder, with dead links, it may be worthwhile to check http://web.archive.org to see if an archive link would be suitable (or a note in the edit summary saying that an archive version was not found or was not suitable). --Rat 21:17, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
Hi. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that WikiFur:Noticeboard was recently opened. Your input on any open topics would be appreciated, and please feel free to open new topics as you see fit. --mwalimu 04:36, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
Regarding your recent edit to Midwest FurFest 2013, do we really want to get into the practice of listing the dealers who were at a particular convention? It seems to me like going to a level of detail that not many readers would be that interested in and which adds clutter to the article. If some dealer's appearance at a convention is particularly notable for some reason it could still be included, but I don't see why that would be the case with a couple of the dealers you've already listed. --mwalimu 09:30, 3 December 2013 (EST)
- Thought since convention articles list specific events (including shows, panels etc) that listing dealers would also be of interest. Plus the ones that are redlinks let others know which ones don't have articles yet. --EarthFurst 13:32, 3 December 2013 (EST)
- I tend to agree that this information is unlikely to be of particular interest to readers after the convention unless certain dealers were notable by their presence. It might be more interesting to have it on the article about the dealer, so that fans have an idea what conventions they are likely to be at in the future, just as some articles record convention attendance. Even more useful would be to add every dealer to WikiFur, as almost all are likely to be of interest to furries and many may be new up-and-coming artists who we should have articles on. --GreenReaper(talk) 16:12, 3 December 2013 (EST)
Categories in DPL
I hacked in a fix for categories in DPL results. The existing version of DPL was doing something specifically weird and I'm not sure why - the code is hideous. There's a newer version from a different maintainer who's been trying to clean it up, but it doesn't fix that specific problem and adds more breakage right now, so I'm avoiding it until things improve. The front page should work once the DPL cache times out. --GreenReaper(talk) 17:29, 22 April 2015 (EDT)
Artist collectives category
- Thanks for asking. GreenReaper pointed out "They are not individual artists, as is implied for that category." So removing those collectives articles from Category:Artists would be appropriate. --EarthFurst 02:12, 4 August 2015
Bryce Foxdon page deletion request.
Hello, I am "Akonite" and noticed you have a page on me using that name.
"Akonite" is a business name I use outside the fandom. I have changed all my fandom names recently to protect my business interests outside the fandom (it was my mistake to use the name in the first place). I don't mind being on the site, but would prefer to be listed under "Kubaryi" which is my fandom name. Current internet search results have damaged some business contacts and I would like to resolve that. I am also currently resolving the name issue on other fandom sites.
I have left the name up on my weasyl page so you can see it's me and see the transition I'm making. https://www.weasyl.com/~akonite
Why removed furrytimes.net from Ahmar Wolf?
Your edit of Ahmar Wolf article removed the ext link to furrytimes.net and I was wondering if that was accidental. I checked latest furrytimes posts (at https://furrytimes.net/) and went back as far as https://furrytimes.net/page/44/ and all those furrytimes posts were posted by "Ahmar Wolf". And http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ahmarwolf/ says Ahmar's website is https://yiffytimes.wordpress.com/ (which forwards to furrytimes.net) And Ahmar's Twitter (@Dr_Timefox) profile links to furrytimes.net. --EarthFurst (talk) 04:40, 1 March 2017 (EST)
- You're right, that should have stayed. I was confusing it with the more general (and gone, apparently) website Furrytimes.com.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 10:34, 1 March 2017 (EST)
Request to change page back
Moved thread TO User talk:Anthronw#Anthro_Northwest
Removal of information - Marcus_The_TechKat
I'd like the page to be pretty much gone, if possible. But most importantly, my personal information.
Hi, can someone please remove Feral-Fox it has my personal information, and its necessary being a unknown character and dead for years. I asked for it be be removed 2015 which went unanswered here http://en.wikifur.com/w/index.php?title=Forum:Forum:Request_Article_Deletion&t=20150321033740
I also cant log into Feral-Fox as there is no email linked to it.
Hi, I would like to request exclusion due to pending legal matters. The article is Lazer Hyena, which is me. The information on this page is out of date and I would just prefer to have it removed. Please email me at Lazer.email@example.com if you have any questions or need information. -Lazer —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 16:47, 19 June 2017
- Sent an FA note to Lazer's new FA asking for confirmation that they are requesting exlusion. --EarthFurst (talk) 04:52, 22 June 2017 (EDT)
Removal of a Page
Hi can i please request a full removal Of my Yukaige Page. It is no longer desired.
Some jerkface just edited two wikis
The anti-furries wiki and the Majira Strawberry wiki. They replaced the entire things with derogatory language to gay people and have removed entire swaths of information. Saying things like furfaggot. I wish people like that would just disappear!