- 1 Hmm. What are the steps to archive old posts?.
- 2 In responce to the reply you left in my talkpage
- 3 Heya!
- 4 The above message was from me
- 5 Thanks and sorry for the extreme delay! :P
- 6 No problem...
- 7 Clarification
- 8 Recent vandal
- 9 RE The vandalism
- 10 Mass revert
- 11 Seek & Shepherd page
- 12 ConFurence 2001/CF12
- 13 Range
- 14 email
- 15 Jeran Lobo page
- 16 CYD
- 17 Extinctioners page
- 18 Jalecki
- 19 NPOV vs Unreferenced
- 20 Removing People Category
- 21 Patrolled edits
- 22 why i removed the information.
- 23 B on the lookout
- 24 Stubs
- 25 Posers.
- 26 ALERT
- 27 Doesn't matter what "fans" think
- 28 Chibiabos@irc
- 29 Patrol Poppies
Hmm. What are the steps to archive old posts?.
Please? =) Spirou 03:11, 22 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- 1) Edit your own page, make a link to "Your Page/Archive1".
- 2) While editing your page, copy the text you want to archive.
- 3) Click on the link for the archive page, and paste the text there. Put a blurb at the top of page about it being an archived copy.
- 4) Edit the main page again and cut out the archived text.
- That should be about it. Let me know if you run into any problems. --Dmuth 03:20, 22 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Thanks, will give a try ^-^ Spirou 03:22, 22 Dec 2005 (UTC)
In responce to the reply you left in my talkpage
The guy has serious issues and seems to have a "thing" for stalking me, if you know what I mean. I know I don't have any say in the matter, but I would suggest banning him. He is a furry troll that follows me online. He goes by the name of "Romper". Sorry for all the trouble. ): I feel really bad.
Heya, this is MooglePower. I'm currently using a public library computer at UCLA, so I haven't logged in. I still need to create a user account for myself, although I've done a lot of work on the pages for UCLA and some other miscellaneous things. Thanks for the invitation.
Thanks for the note on my Wiki thing. One thing I did want to ask, I've spent time creating my own page User:SlyCat, however it seems links everywhere else don't have the User: in front of their names for their profiles. Have I done this correctly or should I move my profile to a SlyCat page and make User:SlyCat redirect?
The above message was from me
Oops, you can tell I'm new to the whole Wiki thing ;)
--SlyCat 19:02, 12 February 2006 (UTC)
Thanks and sorry for the extreme delay! :P
This is the first time I've checked my messages on here--ever! So forgive me. I hope all is well with you and hope to see you again sometime soon! :)
= you most definitely are squeezy giza. --Silverscalenaga 10:03, 9 March 2006 (UTC)
I'm not sure who edited Bennie's page, but I believe what the person meant to say was that Bennie is currently a board member and is a lifetime member/sponsor of AC for when the tiger, along with a couple other people, essentially financially bailed out the con to keep it going. Might want to ask him about the specifics.
- Duly noted. I'll ping him about that sometime. --Dmuth 04:41, 13 March 2006 (UTC)
- Looking at the content, it appears to have been 4chan-related again. --Dmuth 23:11, 11 April 2006 (UTC)
RE The vandalism
I doubt he'll notice or care....but thank you nonetheless. Luca Shoal 5:18 PM, May 09 2006 (EST)
Awesome admin power, how can I possibly beat you ;) -- DeVandalizer
- What? You're not an admin here? You should ask GR to fix that. :-) --Giza 21:25, 23 May 2006 (UTC)
- Dontcha love synchronicity. Splarka 06:57, 24 May 2006 (UTC)
Sorry bout that. Just correcting the old information with the new community site. Forgot it was just LJ Communities and added too much. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Blazedarkarma (talk • contribs) .
Seek & Shepherd page
I appreciate your interest in the Extinctioners character pages I made, I'm just curious about the changes you made to the Seek & shepherd page cause, (please don't take offence) you cause all three pics to stack ontop each other in the right hand side of the screen, I mean I can understand one pic but three, you see what I mean, please let me know what you think, thank youRVDDP2501 23:16, 6 June 2006 (UTC)
- As you may have noticed, I went on an editing spree earlier today and did the same cleanup on all of the Extinctioners-related articles. All of the images I right-alinged. There are some images, like on that page, which are way too big and should probably be downsized. Feel free to downsize them if you want and we can see how that looks.
- Just to clarify what's happening here, Wikis are generally a "collaberative" editing process, in that an article may go through many revisions as it is worked on. So it's perfectly acceptable for you to make an edit, then me make an edit, then you make another edit, and so on until we come up with a version of the page that everyone is happy with! --Giza 23:20, 6 June 2006 (UTC)
How sure are you about ConFurence going to yearly numbering in 2002 rather than 2001? (Just point me at a reference.) Half of the CF12 article is an explanation about this change, so there's going to be some rewriting of the article (and the CF2002 article as well) if this is actually the case. --Sebkha(talk) 13:06, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
- Google. I googled for "Confurence 2001" and got something like 5 hits, one of them being WikiFur. I then Googled for "Confurence 12" and got hundreds of hits.
- Sorry if I missed references to "Confurence 2001" elsewhere in that article. --Giza 14:43, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
Mostly used to keep track of the ban status of common problem ranges, like AOL. Since there seems to be some problem ranges here I thought it might be useful? ^_^. (See also: Uncyclopedia:Template:User Uncyclopedia:Template:IP) --Splarka (talk) 20:37, 20 June 2006 (UTC)
- That's awesome. Thanks for copying that over! -Douglas Muth 21:40, 20 June 2006 (UTC)
- Sure, why not? I think they would all be helpful to have. --Douglas Muth 02:47, 21 June 2006 (UTC)
Hey, I sent an email to your gmail address. Would it be possible to talk through there? Thank you. :)
Jeran Lobo page
hey Dmuth, I saw you stub addition to the Jeran Lobo page I made, listen, you wouldn't know where I could get more info on this character, would you?
- I'm afraid not. Sorry. --Douglas Muth 23:02, 26 June 2006 (UTC)
Thanks anyways and if you have any other ideas on how to make the Extinctioners page and/or its character's pages better, please let me know, I welcome any ideas, thank you - RVDDP2501 23:10, 26 June 2006 (UTC)
As I did mention in my edit, an example can be found in their string of articles on Ebonlupus attacking the individual, not what he does.
Would you like me to post some of the logfiles of CYD invdidiuals stalking and harrassing me on FurryMUCK?
The CYD entry is very pro-CYD and neutrality is not achieved.
(Grah, why does it keep logging me out? O.o) --Chibiabos 04:25, 28 June 2006 (UTC)
I know XD I just notice all these little inperfections and stuff XD sorry!
So Giza, hows things, how was Arthocon? so how do you like my pages so far, looks good (in my opinion), any ideas? I really wanna make things look as good as possible. - RVDDP2501 01:19, 30 June 2006 (UTC)
- Anthrocon rocked. Here's my con report.
- From what I looked at, your new pages look pretty good, great job on them! --Douglas Muth 02:22, 30 June 2006 (UTC)
Great, I'm glad you had a great time and i'm also glad you think my pages are good, listen, do you have any suggestions oh how to make any of the pages I have made any better or perhaps any do's or don'ts', please let me know, I just keep wanting to make things better, you know what I mean? - RVDDP2501 16:12, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on your pages (well, ALL new pages that get created, not just yours) and have been mainly paying attention to elements of style and whatnot, and really haven't found any areas that need improvement! In other words, the stuff you're churning out is pretty much done in proper Wiki style from the very first version, congrats! :-)
- I haven't paid too much attention to spelling and grammar simply because those aren't my biggest strengths and other editors are better at that than I am. Douglas Muth 17:57, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
thanks a lot, to learn that my pages are up to the standard of wikifur from the start makes me less worried about putting out pages for fear that they are dissapproved of by the administrators, thanks. Yeah, spelling & grammar are not my strong points either, I tend to use Microsoft Office Word 2003 spell check often to avoid making others fix my mistakes. If there is any thing you wanna talk to me about, please let me know.
P.S. I still can't believe that Extinctioners is the comic of the week (main page), man, I didn't think I worked that hard for it to get that kinda credit - RVDDP2501 21:03, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
- You've put a whole crapload of work into the article and all its character pages. It's a really extensive article because of it, and well informative. So I definitely think it deserves comic of the week. ^^ Spaz Kitty 21:04, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
That's the most recent. Sorry, don't quite know if I'm doing this correctly.
- Wow. Yeah, I think linking to that page from his article would be sufficient.
- No need to worry about formatting, any of the "regulars" here will be happy to help out! :-) --Douglas Muth 00:46, 5 July 2006 (UTC)
NPOV vs Unreferenced
Sorry if my replacement of your NPOV template with Unreferenced offended you - I thought Tagenar had put it there while I was editing, and was switching it out to what I thought was a more suitable template. I apologize for the sudden revert. =3 Spaz Kitty 02:01, 12 July 2006 (UTC)
- Oh cool! I didn't even know we had an "unreferenced" template! --Douglas Muth 03:39, 12 July 2006 (UTC)
Removing People Category
I don't understand why you removed the people category from Xydexx, when almost all the other articles listed under People are listed under some other subcategory as well (most often, Artists). Mind explaining why? Spaz Kitty 21:42, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
- I removed the People category because it is the parent category for Artists and it doesn't make any sense to have something listed in a category AND its immediate sub-category. (such as "United States" and "Pennsylvania", for example)
- I know there are lots of other artists still in the People category, and I have been removing them as I find them. --Douglas Muth 21:50, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
- Please do not do this. The intention of the People category has always been for it to be a complete list of all people in the furry fandom. This is using it more as a tag rather than a category, but because MediaWiki does not have categories this is the best we can do. People should also be in relevant subcategories, and if (for example) they are in Comic artists it may not be appropriate to put them in Artists as well; but People is special. It removes the need for a separate "List of people in the furry fandom". --GreenReaper(talk) 21:57, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
As you are an admin, you can automatically mark edits that you make as patrolled. Under your "preferences" menu, in the "Editing" section, you can check "Mark edits I make as patrolled". --Rat
- Thanks for reminding me. I was aware of it, but haven't been in the habit of using it. (or even noticing the red exclamation points, for that matter!) --Douglas Muth 16:44, 15 August 2006 (UTC)
why i removed the information.
I removed it because I have sent 2 emails to GreenReaper asking him to remove my wiki and lock the page because I no longer wish to be active int he fandom outside 2 sites I am currently on.
- That's a little odd. I do not believe I received those emails. When did you send them, and to what address?
B on the lookout
Well the problem is, they don't have very many members. If I gave you the link, I would be on a very short list of suspects. --PaulRevere 21:22, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
Hey! Thanks for the edit on my page.
- It's part HTML, part special syntax that this sotware uses. A good starting point be The Furry Book of Style. Also, if you watch Special:Recentchanges, you can see recent edits, and specifically what was done to each page. --Douglas Muth 19:21, 2 September 2006 (UTC)
- Oh, I didn't know we had a character-stub. Awesome! --Douglas Muth 21:11, 7 September 2006 (UTC)
Thank you for Wiki-fying my new pages! I adapted my DrJones page to the same standards. :)
Someone's been posing as you and Green Reaper on my LiveJournal. They're pranksters from my university who're anti-furry and do their best to remain anonymous. I'm already working on getting at them through the support department of my university. Here's an entry that seems partially genuine: http://jonesybunny.livejournal.com/408287.html?thread=1676511
- Sounds like an episode of "You know you're Internet-famous when . . ." --GreenReaper(talk) 11:47, 29 September 2006 (UTC)
- That entry is protected so I cannot view it.
- This wouldn't be hhs.nl, by any chance, would it? --Douglas Muth 13:23, 29 September 2006 (UTC)
- Right, I forgot I blocked it off. I'll friend you on LJ so you can access it. Your username there is Giza, right?
- Yes, it's the hhs.nl IP. EDIT: Forgot to log in as I was posting this.
- Yep, I am Giza on LJ. (I've already friended you back pre-emptively)
- Also, what is your email address? I have some additional details which I will disclose to you in private. --Douglas Muth 13:50, 29 September 2006 (UTC)
Dmuth, RVDDP2501 here, some guy called GeekReaper_on_wheeIs is messing up my pages, what should I do?
- When a vandalism spree is in progress, I would recommend visiting WikiFur:Administrators and trying to reach an admin through IM, or through #wikifur chat in IRC. Case in point, I did not see this message for 45 minutes, but other admins were online at the time. --Douglas Muth 20:59, 29 September 2006 (UTC)
oh, sorry about that, I did not think about trying that, I'll try and remember that next time, thanks - RVDDP2501 21:02, 29 September 2006 (UTC)
Doesn't matter what "fans" think
Facts in itself, is neutral. And it is fact that it was Kiara at the end of Lion King. Those who believe it's not is just delusional. Simba's first son dying is a big deal, or Simba having a son at all is a big deal. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MENTIONED in the second movie. 22.214.171.124 02:36, 3 October 2006 (UTC)
- Do you have a source you can cite for this? --Douglas Muth 03:24, 3 October 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for the backup. --mwalimu 03:50, 3 October 2006 (UTC)
- No thank you, I have had enough abusive comments from him for one day. I asked him several times to act in a civil manner, and he'd rather accuse me of trying to "vandalize his article". The block is temporary, he can try again when it expires. --Douglas Muth 03:13, 11 October 2006 (UTC)
See: User:Splarka/monobook.js. What it does: Appends a [pop] link after 'mark as patrolled', which links to an onclick popup, which loads the mark patrolled link with an autoclose=true. You can open multiple of them and forgetabbout them, even. You can also use the alt+p hotkey for it. Test it out, see if it worklets. --Splarka (talk) 05:45, 11 October 2006 (UTC)
- Have made some comments and an improvement: The window.close() checker is outside of the onload, so it happenes immediately as soon as the html gets to the userjs line in the header. This closes it almost instantly, and is still effective in marking it as patrolled. --Splarka (talk) 04:26, 12 October 2006 (UTC)
Sidenote: Connel@enwikt has a very snazzy JS for marking edits as patrolled. It uses AJAX to load the markpatrolled page without leaving recent changes, and it automatically patrols edits of certain users in the 'whitelist' when it sees them. This is the version closest to what we'd need (but still not 100% with wikia, the wgServer variable for example). oldid=1662722. --Splarka (talk) 04:27, 15 October 2006 (UTC)