Renaming of elysiumHF
I got your message in IRC last night. It is not possible for me to rename this user at this time, because while the name is not in use on WikiFur, it has still been registered (most likely on some other wikia.com site). You can tell this because there is actually a user contributions link on their user page, even though it shows no edits. Remind me after the move, and I should then have the ability to perform the rename. --GreenReaper(talk) 17:07, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
When Higgs Raccoon (d · c) created this article about me, I was pleased, of course. This event lead me to think more of the concept of this wiki, and it is actually very good. I now want to contribute on it as much as I do on Wikipedia.
- To make an article about the Happy Feet Fan Forum, constituted by some furs, and perhaps more than we know. This page is under the GFDL as well, can I copy some informations from it? Where do the authors need to be credited? Talk page or article page?
- To put gigantic informations about this movie, a sort of analysis, and its application to the fandom? Can we upload pictures, using the fair use act?
Thanks for your upcoming replies! :) Diti (talk to the penguin) 14:43, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- There's basically two options for the forum - either create Happy Feet and make the forum a subsection of that, or create Happy Feet Fan Forum. The normal thing to do is the latter - have a separate article for the forum. I would suggest tightening the language in the history section a little, though. It should concentrate on the facts, not subjective statements like "grew quickly" (how quickly?). The talk page should mention and link to the prior article.
- We tend not to do really huge articles about commercial works because Wikipedia does it better than us. We are not created to compete with them in their field of expertise - we would rather readers and editors went there instead. Therefore, what I would recommend is to make an article with an overview of the movie, but which concentrates specifically on the usage of Happy Feet within the furry fandom (which Wikipedia is not likely to cover), and then point people to Wikipedia's article in the "See also" section. Fair use is fine. --GreenReaper(talk) 01:05, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
For reasons similar to those of BillyTheCat128 above, I had requested an exclusion, most likely because I had self-edited my page (and I also wanted the history to be purged). However, I now would be interested in seeing how WikiFur editors see me. I would like the Diti page to be recreated, so I would be happy if you “unblocked” the page (or make it a “red link”)! Thank you! Diti the penguin — 04:40, 18 August 2012 (EDT)
- The article has been unexcluded and is now publicly editable. Let us know if you have any further concerns. --mwalimu 10:08, 18 August 2012 (EDT)