Hi DevilishlyHandsome49, Welcome to WikiFur! Thank you for registering an account - we look forward to working with you. Let us know if you need any help not already provided. If you would like help creating an article or just editing it, don't hesitate to consult the Furry Book of Style or just contact a curator. Have a nice day!
And sorry for the blocking. Most of the time I perform a reverse Google search for on suspicious user names (e.g. BlakeEva25157), but I skip the move with you handle. My apologies. - Spirou (talk) 03:04, 1 July 2015 (EDT)
Deceptive edit summaries
Just so you know, it's incredibly easy to view individual changes made on a page (anyone who can view the edit summary on Recent Changes can do it), so saying that you "added a video" when all you did was remove the cleanup and wikify tags (without cleaning up or wikifying the page) is kind of silly. --Equivamp - talk 04:57, 1 July 2015 (EDT)
Why did you delete the planet nakti page?
- Posting such a short one paragraph articles result on immediate deletion if there is nothing another editor can work with. First, it Is better to work on a Work in Progress on your user page or offline; Second there is a section on the related project article related to the subject, there is no current no need to separate into two distinct pages, and even if the article became unwieldy enough, it would be separate at such time while leaving a connecting URL on the main page. - Spirou (talk) 18:07, 1 July 2015 (EDT)
How your edits not only change up the words that I put down and replace them with complex or dumb downed words, but you straight up put links in places that don't even need links, change the formatting of the members section that tells exactly how many people are int the group and you remove the link of the creator of the project so that no one will be able to directly contact them. And what's this about the logo not being clear? I feel like you've have dumb downed the the page as if no one would understands the words that were originally there or the format of the page. - —The preceding unsigned comment was added by DevilishlyHandsome49 (talk • contribs) .
- No replacement of words/concepts were changed on the article. Your prior de-format was reversed, interior/external/future/Wikipedia links were implemented, bolding was added, external links fixed, new image added, double linking removed, the members section was formatted and red-linked to view who is working in it, and to give editors a chance to create articles on the person involved, etc (refer to the Furry Book of Style why this was done and how it can help you in the future). The creator link, since he is a furry member must be internal (i.e. the link on the page must direct to an article of the user on Wikifur, that is where readers will find a complete page related to this users (external links are reserved mostly for non-furs users)
- No, certain words and paragraphs need to be linked; Why?: this is an Wiki not only accessed by US English readers, but foreign ones too, certain words need to be clarified/link for these lasts ones; this is a concept that works in any and all Wikis worldwide (and terms like "what the title implies" is not really informative; expand on it, you are trying to "sell" this). Logo: The logo was dark enough not be usable; a newer one was pull from YouTube, and the extra images of the logo were deleted (duplicates). No words were dumbed down, actually as it reads right, it doesn't really explain where this project is located (website?, MMO?, Second Life sim?, personal webpage?, social site?), how it's being put together (online?, offline?, written format only?, multimedia?, video?), how it will be distributed (PDF?, CD/DVD?, Video?, paper form?), how to really contribute to it (FA site?, website?, email?, Skype?, Google Hangout?), more on the universe, how players initiate a civilization (examples), clarify some muddle points ([clarify] tagged), how long does the process take, when it started/how it started (future History section), and on and on and on,...
- Were the firsts edits to the article erroneous?. Possibly, but with no original source to work from, there is to be discrepancies, but just change them, don't berate any and all editors (welcome to a wiki, editors are here to enhance/further articles), don't de-format the article or remove the cleanup templates. Problems with the edits?. Make a point on the talk page civilly. We are to improve further any articles, not destroy them. Hope this helps. -Spirou (talk) 03:09, 3 July 2015 (EDT)
Here's the thing...
You ask questions about where the project is located, yet every single link to the where the project can be found, is located at the bottom of the page in the External Links section, when previously is was up higher on the page until you moved it down there and it could also be found on the creator's original link, which again, was removed. So, I still don't understand how the page doesn't have enough context, when clearly all the links that explain more are directly on the page. Even in the reference section you have the original thread post.
- "You ask questions about where the project is located, yet every single link to the where the project can be found, is located at the bottom of the page"...
- Here is an example: SETI on Wikipedia:
- The Global project for the search of Extraterrestrial Life. The article explains everything on it, without the reader having to leave the page to be (almost) completely informed, with the external links used to peruse additional information on the subject. A Wikifur article serves the same purpose: Explain or inform as much about an user/subject/project without having to look for the "context" elsewhere. Making readers go look for the information around the net for the basic overall information defeats the purpose of a Wiki article.
- And, no, the creator link has not been removed, again. Look it up on the Project Nakti article, and click on his name. I would suggest to check some of the more established articles on how to flesh out this article so you will get gist of it on the first pass (e.g. the Fur Affinity article)
- As for responding to a ongoing thread, this one is currently going on your talk page, so you don't have to start new ones elsewhere. also, to add your name to the end of your posts add the following to it at the end: ~~~~. - Spirou (talk) 04:26, 3 July 2015 (EDT)