Pawz, Cyan Fur Moana / Icefumy
Hi, I'm Cyan Friskypaws, and I was recently notified that my avatar is also in use by you. I found it on google images, and I liked it as it went with my fursona (it's a husky, but I can call it a fox and people will believe it), so I have been using it for a while now. The notification was posted in the talk section for the file:
|The ownership of this avatar appears to be unclear, as it is also being used by Icefumy (Cyan Fur Moana):  --Higgs Raccoon (talk) 17:55, 15 October 2014 (EDT)|
So anyways, I'm not sure as to exactly if there is a problem here in the sense of copyright or something, so I just wanted to ask you for permission you use this great avatar. (and perhaps you could send me a higher resolution version, because the one I'm using is your account picture from a forum website, so it's compressed, and it'd be awesome if you would, or if you could make one for me which would be amazing :D)
(imaged used in post deleted for copyright violation - [sample added - Curator Spirou)
- If this indeed another user's art and avatar, no, you definitely cannot use it as your own, for obvious copyright reasons and owner rights. "Awesomeness" does not trump "personal property". Ask before you borrow an avatar from an user's profile - Spirou (talk) 18:47, 21 November 2014 (EST)
- Hereby no permission, it's mine.
- Paid by me, for me.
- And certainly not by a yiffy name.. <.<
- Icefumy is my new name, btw.
- CyanFur 01:17, 22 November 2014 (CET)
- Additional info about the image:
- It looks like it's a old avatar of mine, cropped from CyanFur by Solarmew - FA
- CyanFur 17:57, 02 December 2014 (CET)
- There is no need to continue to keep this on my page, since Spirou has deleted the image in question.
- Also, I don't see any other users partitipate in this conversation, so it's not beeing discussed / conveyed as Spirou is telling in the summary of the history.
- Therefore, I rather like to keep things clean/removed. Who else is partaking in this conversation, if there's no replies from the Section starter CyanTheFurry?
- CyanFur 21:14, 2 December 2014 (CET)
There's no request for deletion for talk pages. The issue discussed for readers is the improper use (W:Copyright infringement|copyright infringement) of other users' images and media as their own for any reasons. This is an active thread. The deleted image used by CyanTheFurry that was deleted is being replaced by an external link. - Spirou (talk) 15:38, 2 December 2014 (EST)
- A) If the posts are being condensed to the right, users can remove the indent to move their post over for clarity. B) No. His request was by him to you about the use of your image. Would you have seen this discussion/request on his talk page?. - Spirou (talk) 16:01, 2 December 2014 (EST)
- Well, there doesn't seem to be any changes on his User page, the link to the intern picture still there, even though it won't show because it was deleted.
- You know, he might could have missed all the changes because he wasn't watching this page, so oblivious to the change? (Not sure if you get a notification if a admin removes a picture, though..))
- CyanFur 22:18, 2 December 2014 (CET)
- Yes, I have been watching this page and am aware of the changes made. Sorry about violating the copyright policy and plagiarizing and all that. Happy that we got this sorted out though.
- --CyanTheFurry (talk) 20:41, 15 December 2014 (EST)