User talk:Brian Vermin
When making multiple edits to an article, please use the "Show preview" button to view intermediate changes, and try to limit use of the "Save page" button to when you are finished making all of your changes. Frequent use of "Save page" during editing tends to clutter the article's edit history and the site's change log. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Spirou (talk • contribs) .
Interstellar Shipping & Trading Co. article
No personal attacks
|There is no excuse for personal attacks on other contributors or community members. Do not make them.|
- Excuse me? Where did I personally attack him? I was responding to his deletion of my article, and then responding to his words to me. Not once did I call him any sort of name or insult him, so why are you posting threats on my talk page? If anything, I am being personally attacked by being falsely labeled as an attacker when I'm doing nothing more than trying to contribute to this wiki. From the very policy you just linked to me:
|Also remember that many newcomers have to learn their way around, so be especially careful to explain, not attack|
...Spirou clearly has an unfair bias regarding the situation due to his obvious hatred of Encyclopedia Dramatica, and I feel there won't be any use attempting to explain anything to him because of it.
...I feel he needs to be mature and respect the work of others instead of jump the gun and pull the plug on anything that mentions the site due to his personal vendetta.
Did you even read it, or did you just see "Encyclopedia Dramatica user" and click the delete button?
You seem to have a vendetta against ED (your falsified "malware" warning is a definite sign). That's fine, but be mature and keep it out of the subject at hand and respect other people's work. Clearly I'm new to writing here so you should be assisting me instead of jumping the gun, deleting my efforts, and accusing me of attacking people or intentionally violating any policies.
Additionally, the notice I left on your page outlining the NPA policy is "explaining, not attacking".
Did you really just call me an obsessive stalker for trying to help out and expand a people article on the wiki? Vermin 22:04, 3 November 2014 (EST)
- You first tried to add his real life photo with no permission into the article (copyright infringement, not helpful), then you try to add a link to his real life photo by using it as a valid "reference" to prove his ethnicity, then finally distorted the users actual quote:
|My fursona, most personal character, literally a fictional anthropomorphic animal version of me in every way.|
- To include a statement he did not utter/state:
|Hunter is literally a fictional anthropomorphic animal version of him in every way, right down to the studded collar he wears in person.|
- ...to be able to include/link his real life photo, again.
- I sent a personal msg/DM to the user to see if we can use his real life photo in the article. Is direct, and if he allows it, then a reference photo can be fairly used to expand the user/person's article. - Spirou (talk) 22:32, 3 November 2014 (EST)
First off, I ask you again to stop moving my talk posts around. Just like before, I didn't start this conversation with myself, I started it with you.
Second, I did not "distort his quote" as you claimed, and if you review my edit on the page's history, you (and anyone else) will see that I in fact put the appropriate reference after the actual quote, and then added the comparison of the collar wearing after it with a *separate* reference. Falsely accusing me of distorting people's words and calling me an obsessive stalker are personal attacks in my opinion, and I as a new user don't appreciate it from you as an admin when I'm trying to help out around here.
I also spoke to GR in IRC this morning and he gave me permission to post links to photos as opposed to uploading copyright ones, because I specifically asked him what the policy for uploading photos on WikiFur was.
And from your edit summary "hell, I'm not going to get any work done tonight..." You'll be able to get plenty of your work done if you stop going out of your way to undermine mine. Respect other people's work. Vermin 22:44, 3 November 2014 (EST)
- First, Curators can move talk pages discussions to the pertinent pages if necessary, in this case your editorial behavior under this handle; Second, I send a courtesy note to FatalSyndrome asking permission for the use of the image either on site or even link to it, because, on the last one, we had had users not agreeing to even URL linking their real life photos, most of the time under the privacy guideline.
- "You'll be able to get plenty of your work done if you stop going out of your way to undermine mine." (...FFPS...) No, we (I) are not "undermining" you (well, with the exception of removing those three copyright violation images); in this case, respect the user's privacy wishes if he/she/they have any issues with the photo or link, and continue with your edits, which most of them have been in line of proper editorial work (tweaks like formatting your ref links, add internal/external/Wikipedia links, bolding, etc,.. is further article editing, not personal attacks).
- Tl;dr: Stop inserting a personal image by any means until such time the affected user allows direct loading, or indirect linking, as people have had mostly privacy issues with both methods in the past... and, nobody is out to get you. - Spirou (talk) 23:13, 3 November 2014 (EST)
- That was much kinder and helpful, thx. Vermin 23:23, 3 November 2014 (EST)
Seth Vermin response
...And this why the removal of photo and link (msg via FA from Seth Vermin, as FatalSyndrome):
|RE: Real life picture use permission
Sent By: FatalSyndrome to spirou On: November 3rd, 2014 11:02
- "Who even found a real picture of me?" He posted it on his public Twitter account, which is publicly linked on his FurAffinity account, including as a header to every one of his journal entries. Surely he understands how that works...lol. And hopefully he understands I was merely attempting to expand the people article of my favorite furry artist, as he's the one I commissioned for my rat character. But anyway, yes, that did help, and I thank you for explaining it to me. Vermin 23:36, 3 November 2014 (EST)