The winners of the sixth annual Ursa Major Awards (formally the Annual Anthropomorphic Literature & Arts Awards), for the best in anthropomorphic/"funny animal" literature and art first published during the calendar year 2006, were announced at a presentation ceremony on Friday, May 4, 2007 at Califur 3.
Eligibility in ten categories was for works featuring intelligent and/or talking animals first published during the calendar year 2006. This included new compilations of older works, such as a new collection of previously-published separate works. The winners were chosen by popular vote among those participating in anthropomorphic fandom who first submitted their nominations for the winners, and then voted upon a final ballot consisting of the five finalists (those receiving the most nominations) in each category. The voting for the awards was open to all furry fandom via the Internet and took place between March 10th and April 14th. Votes were received from countries as diverse as Germany, Finland, Russia, the Philippines, Australia, and Trinidad & Tobago.
The winners are:
- Best Anthropomorphic Motion Picture - Over the Hedge (Dreamworks Animation, May, 2006)
- Best Anthropomorphic Dramatic Short Work or Series - Hammy's Boomerang Adventure (Dreamworks Animation, October, 2006)
- Best Anthropomorphic Novel - Pendant of Fortune, by Kyell Gold (Sofawolf Press, January, 2006)
- Best Anthropomorphic Short Fiction - "Jacks to Open" by Kyell Gold (Fur Rag, June, 2006)
- Best Anthropomorphic Other Literary Work - A Doemain of Our Own by Susan Rankin (Collection published by Plan Nine Publishing, March, 2006)
- Best Anthropomorphic Comic Book - i.s.o. by Vince Suzukawa (Issues #1 and 2)
- Best Anthropomorphic Comic Strip - Ozy and Millie by D.C. Simpson
- Best Anthropomorphic Fanzine - Anthrolations #8, November, 2006
- Best Anthropomorphic Published Illustration - Cover painting by Sara Palmer for Pendant of Fortune (Sofawolf Press, January, 2006)
- Best Anthropomorphic Game - Okami (Clover Studios/Capcom, September, 2006)
The 2007 Ursa Major Awards are slated to be awarded at Morphicon in May, 2008.