User:RayneVanDunem/Standards for Portals
This is a compendium of proposed standards for WikiFur portals. Nominally, they should incorporate much of what's already on the front page.
This probably won't include a News section since region-specific WikiFur news is not that oft-updated.
- Community/Commmunities - a box that lists articles on organized furry communities that are located within the area
- People - a box that lists articles on specific people who reside in the region
- Upcoming events - a box that lists articles on upcoming events being held by groups in the area (events, conventions, parties, etc.)
- Did you know?/History - a box that will include anecdotes on past events, persons, or fictional references.
Also should include flags of the corresponding regions.
Fictional/virtual georegional portals
Covering Category:Multiplayer worlds
Same as actual georegional portal components.
- Islands and other places - a box that presents pictures and wikilinks to articles about in-world places and buildings.
- Event highlights.
- upcoming events.
- Event organizers and non-profits.
More to add...
Needed portal components throughout
Navigational footer templates are needed on all portals so as to interconnect all relevant articles.