User:Rat/Wikifur art drive
WikiFur art drive
I give $10 Canadian for every piece of art you upload to illustrate a topic on WikiFur. Ending this offer 2015-09-22; all art already completed will be paid out. Contact me directly.
- This is an agreement between me and the artist that does not involve any other user of WikiFur.
- The article must not have a picture already. One picture per article.
- Must be art. No photographs.
- Must be released under a license acceptable to the WikiFur community.
- Art of your character/comic/etc to illustrate your character/comic/etc does not count. Exception, if it illustrates a larger topic, then it's okay for that topic. For example, if your character is a wolf, then you could use the picture to illustrate the wolf article.
- Must be colour, but a background is not needed.
- Only art *uploaded* starting now counts. You may upload existing art that you created.
- You must own or have permission to use any distinctive characters.
- I will prefer Paypal, other methods may be acceptable, but I will not go out of my way like paying extra for a money transfer.
- Attempts to game the system like crappy art, creating dozens of useless stubs, etc, will not count.
- Verification that you created the art might be required. A well-used WikiFur account, long-standing LiveJournal account, or respected fur vouching for you are examples of things that could be used.
- I will limit it to $100 per person for now. I may raise it later.
--Rat 00:32, 2 May 2006 (UTC)
I may cancel this offer any time at my discretion, but any artists who uploaded art before I announced the cancellation will still get the bounty. --Rat 02:29, 2 May 2006 (UTC)
If all the images on the page are "fair use", unknown copyright status, or "permission to use on WikiFur only", this counts as having no images, and the page is eligible for illustration. --Rat 12:40, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
I am going to end this offer, since I'm not on here enough to monitor the wiki's needs. I will still pay out for anything that is already done. If you've completed a work, but haven't uploaded it, do it now. --Rat (talk) 03:09, 22 September 2015 (EDT)
Frequently Asked Questions
So I could upload art from a bunch of different artists and...
- No. See rule number one. The person who creates the art, is the same person who uploads it to WikiFur, is the same person who collects the bounty.
Only $10 Canadian? I charge a lot more than that for colour art
- You can create art about just about any furry topic in WikiFur that interests you.
- It does not have to be a masterpiece. No background is required, flat colour is okay, most WikiFur art is resized down to 200 to 300 pixels across so super detail is not required.
- You can use art you've already created.
- You don't have to wait for a commissioner to give you every little detail.
- Since it's kept in a digital from, if you prefer, you don't have to use any physical art supplies. You don't have to physically print it out if you don't want to.
- I hope you'll at least partly do it to help the WikiFur project grow.
Are you serious?
- Yes. If you'd like, upload one piece as a test, tell me what article it's in, and you'll see that I'm serious.
Can I still apply if I'm not a very good artist? Or how good does the art have to be?
- The purpose of adding art to articles is to show examples and answer questions the reader has about the topic. If the art just causes the reader to ask themselves What's this supposed to be a picture of? or What does this have to do with the article? then it's not usable for that WikiFur article. Otherwise, if it meets the other requirements above, then I will pay the bounty.
- May 11, 2006
- May 12, 2006
- May 13, 2006
- Total: CDN $30 - PAID June 30, 2006
- Jun 29, 2006
- Jul 6, 2006
- Total: CDN $30/$40 - PAID CDN $30 April 8, 2007
- May 21, 2006
- May 24, 2006
- Jun 24, 2006
- Jun 24, 2006
- Jun 25, 2006
- Jun 29, 2006
- Total: CDN $60 - PAID July 3, 2006
- Jul 4, 2006
- Nov 23, 2006
- Total: CDN $30 - PAID December 18, 2006
- Lunar prodigy
- Nov 6, 2007
- Total: CDN $60 - PAID US$60 Dec 8, 2007
Pages which could use art
- These are suggestions. The bounty is not limited to art for these pages. If you have other pages that could use art according to the rules above, add them here
Yeti (if you make colour art to replace existing art)
- Ethiopian Wolf
- Pregfur (current art is fair use only, so this is still available)
- Furpile (current photo is limited license, so this is still available)
- Balloonie (current art is licensed to WikiFur only, so this is still available)
- try Category:Terms for more ideas
And if you can find an already-existing free image for one of these, then add it to the article.(You won't get a bounty for that, but it'll allow artists to concentrate on articles that do need drawings made)