UKFur.org (originally UKFur.net) is the most popular UK centric furry website on the internet with an excess of 7,500 members (as of July 2013). It is intended as a friendly forum where adult members of the community can meet likeminded individuals as well as facilitating the arrangements of meets; however, it is strictly not a dating site.
The main area of the site has been under redevelopment since 2004, however the forums are still highly active. The site carries a 16+ age rating. Adult material is strictly prohibited in the AUP.
The site has been targeted a number of times by researchers for furry related documentaries, most notably a documentary producer for Channel 4, as reported in the first edition of The Furtean Times. A large number of forum-goers were also featured in the Bizarre magazine article on the furry fandom.
The site provides web hosting and email; however, this service is no longer advertised.
- Address: http://www.ukfur.org/
- Administrators: Kytheraen, Myst, Nybras
- Moderators: BhavFox, Branded Bunni, Kyyanno, Plucky
- Ran from/to: September 2002 - present
- Administrators (responsible for the site as a whole): Kytheraen, Myst, Nybras
- Global Moderators (a 'second level' of administrators with responsibility for all forums): BhavFox, Branded Bunni, Kyyanno, Plucky
There are also a number of forum moderators, each responsible for one or more individual forums.
The UKFur forums contains regional sections for each furmeet group where meet plans and discussion are usually made. In addition it also contains specialist forums concerning fursuiting, artwork, gaming and conventions (such as RBW and Confuzzled), as well as general forums to discuss general news events and offer technical advice etc.
 Regional Forums
Each furmeet organisation is independent from each other, so there is a tendency for meet dates to overlap.
 Special interest forums
In mid-2008 UKFur started to add forums for specific subsections of the fandom, so they could discuss events and topics without the fear of the public or other forum members finding out. As of July 2008, two such forums exist: for babyfurs and fatfurs.
 Oekaki Board
The UKFur Oekaki Board was set up in early 2008, as a place where British furs could show off their skills. It was run by Articuno and HelenBaby, but was closed at the end of October 2010 due to inactivity
- ↑ The UKFur Forum Rules - http://forum.ukfur.org/index.php?act=boardrules
- ↑ http://forum.ukfur.org/topic/8107-the-ukfur-oekaki-board/page__pid__789044__st__71
 External Links