Like many furs, Tyrin was a furry long before discovering furry fandom. From a young age he enjoyed writing about anthropomorphic characters, and had an interest in costuming. Tyrin's first costume was a tiger suit, which he hand-sewed, following a Simplicity sewing pattern.
When Tyrin discovered furry fandom in early 1996, his original fursona was a lion named Lyonz. Lyonz lasted until the end of the year, when he changed names and became Tyrin, an otter. The name stuck, but Tyrin went back to being a lion most of the time, though occasionally still portrays himself as an otter.
In addition to his first tiger suit, Tyrin has built many fursuits over the years, including:
- Blue (or K'lan), who debuted at Confurence 2.
- Checkers, a black-and-white raccoon who debuted at Mephit Furmeet 2 and in 1999 was given as a Christmas present to Ripner.
- an otter, who was unnamed.
- Q.T. Rabbit, a white rabbit who was constructed in a week before debuting at Confurence 10. A second, black-and-white version of Q.T. was constructed later.
- a lion, which Tyrin constructed with the help of TJ Wolf.
- Bear in Progress, so called because Tyrin was not quite happy with it, who appeared at Anthrocon 2005.
- Challenger, a pink and white rabbit.
- Tyrin on the Fursuit Database. Retrieved October 5, 2007
- Tyrin's biography on his webpages. Retrieved October 5, 2007
- Tyrin's work as Disney characters, from his webpages. Retrieved October 5, 2007