A turtle is a reptile of the order Testudines characterized by a special bony or cartilaginous shell developed from their ribs and acting as a shield. "Turtle" may refer to the order as a whole (American English) or to fresh-water and sea-dwelling testudines (British English). The order Testudines includes both extant (living) and extinct species.
Turtles are usually amphibious, known as turtles if they live in the sea, terrapins if they live in freshwater and tortoises if they live on land.
Turtle characters in mainstream
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Verne (Over the Hedge)
- Franklin the Turtle
- Grand Master Oogway (Kung Fu Panda)
- Tortoise John (Rango)
- Calabash (Flipper & Lopaka)
- Tiptup the Turtle (Diddy Kong Racing)
- Toby Turtle (Disney's Robin Hood)
- T.W. (Cats Don't Dance)
- Bunker the Tortoise (Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Tommy Turtle (Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog)
Turtles and furry
|This species stub needs .|