The Lengths is a gay-themed furry graphic novel created by Howard Hardiman(). Single issues were self-published and a hardcover collection included an introduction by Brad Fraser (who is a playwright) and was published by Soaring Penguin Press. All the characters are anthropomorphic.
The story focuses on Eddie, an anthro dog, following a male escort into a sex work but beginning a romance with an old friend.
No page numbers, so counting from the first page after the cover pages.
Eddie, a male dog.
- The main character.
- First appearances: on cover, page 8 on first character page; page 9 (feet and legs only) and page 10 (head and most of upper half).
Dan, a male dog (a Scottish terrier?) Mother of Asa. First appearance: page 5.
- First appearances: page 8 on first character page; maybe on page 9 (feet and legs only); and page 14.
Nelson, a male dog
- Muscular escort who rejects Eddie (he tells Eddie "I can't be what you want.")
- First appearances: page 8 on first character page; and page 9.
The Lengths was created as Howard Hardiman's MA project to create a comic based on interviews with male escorts in London.
- The Final Word near end of The Lengths hardcover: "In 2011, Howard Hardiman completed his MA in Illustration at camberwell College of Art. His MA project was to create a comic based on interviews with male escorts in London. That comic was, of course, The Lengths."