- This website is sometimes misspelled as the InflationNation. However both names are considered acceptable.
The InflatioNation (aka The IN) is one of the furry fandom's largest inflation communities. Originally, it was an alternative to other mature inflation sites so that viewers could enjoy non-pornographic inflation. Guest can view submissions by artists and authors, both tame & mature, as well as viewing inflation clips from various cartoons & movies.
- Website: http://dupo.sirkain.net/
- Administrators: Dupo (site owner), Sirkain (server owner)
- Start Date: September 1999
In September of 1999, the site began as a small page for inflation artists to show-off their non-mature art. As the site grew, the site's owner, Dupo, sought additional assistance and brought aboard Rubbertex Raccoon.
After a few facelifts and many issues with different hosts, the site landed on Sir Kain's server in 2002. Around this time, Rubbertex had resigned and Sir Kain, along with the help of Scooter, began assisting in site administration and maintenance. Now having a permanent home, and a stable server, it received another facelift in 2004 and another in September 2006 to mark the site's 7th anniversary.
On October 23, 2006, the moderator Sirkain announced his resignation from the running of the InflatioNation. This was his leaving notice:
- I would like to step down as owner of the IN. *shrug* Just dont have the time, interest or care to keep maintiaing this. For what I remember it as years back, has long since vanished and been dead. I also seem to just get too busy with Rl to really be able to dedicate worthy admin/owner time into the In itself, and i feel it should go to someone who does have the time and desire for it.
- I'm not asking for the IN to get off my server - far from it. I just dont want to maintain it anymore or call the shots. If you care to discuss this with me, you can e-mail me or hit me on any of the Im services. Should all be in my profile.
In February 2007, Scooter resigned as forum moderator and many of his administrator duties within the IN. He did not immediately cite his reasons but it later emerged to have been from the increasing amount of furry drama that had struck the forums. He also later revealed that he will still aid in the running of the site, but take a less direct approach in doing so. On the 14th of March, Dupo announced that Kuya and Tori Belliachi would take lead roles in moderating the forums.
On June 15th, 2007, Dupo announced that the site forums would close down; although the galleries and main website would remain open. The forum briefly closed its doors on June 16th, after 8 years in operation.
The day the closure of the forums was announced a mass exodus took place, new forums sprung up in replacement of the deceased. The most popular of these was by far InflatableFurs.com, as operated by Fur Affinity's administrator Alkora. Most members simply admitted that the end was the end; and did not register to any of the new sites.
Recently, the site underwent a complete redesign, directing most of the focus on inflation in the media. This is due to the fact that most artists have moved to housing their art on sites such as deviantART and Fur Affinity. Upon completion of the new renovations, the forums were re-opened.
By November 2011, the InflatioNation was completely unavailable, with the exception of the gallery.
- The site has been featured on Filter, a show on the G4 television station, on numerous occasions during the 'Net to Know' segment.
- The IN was an early Link of the Day on Something Awful.