The Fandom (documentary)
The Fandom is a documentary series that is focused on giving people a real-life look into the furry community as told by the artists and creators who have helped build it. The project is being led by Ash Coyote. It consists of two parts, a web series, and a feature film.
Parts of the documentary
Part 1 of The Fandom was completed as a web series which will be released in parts on Ash Coyote's YouTube channel. There are currently five episodes which have been released:
- Episode 1 of The Fandom (Introduction)
- Episode 2 of The Fandom (Suits)
- Episode 3 of The Fandom (International Furs)
- Episode 4 of The Fandom (Furry YouTube)
- Episode 5 of The Fandom (Identity)
- Episode 6 of The Fandom (Christianity)
- Episode 7 of The Fandom (The Future)
Part 2 is planned out to be a feature film with Kickstarter funding already underway. It will give an in-depth look at the early history of the fandom and explore the furry fandom's origins as the first internet subculture as well as focusing on the individuals who helped to start the first furry conventions, meetups and facilitate artistic expression. If the funding on the Kickstarter is fulfilled, the film will be released somewhere between January and March 2020. On May 22, 2020 a trailer for the film was uploaded onto Ash Coyote's YouTube Channel with a release date sometime in July 2020. It will be available on both YouTube and Amazon Prime.
- Info about the feature film on The Fandom's Kickstarter. Retrieved April 19, 2019.
- The Fandom Official Release Trailer. Retrieved May 22, 2020.
|This movie entry is a stub - can you it?|