The Dawn Chapel
|The Dawn Chapel|
|Update schedule||Weekly, updated Fridays|
|Launch date||November 2009|
The Dawn Chapel is a weekly webcomic created by Astolpho (signing as root). It's an experimental effort consisting of a collection short stories 4-8 pages long, interspersed with single-page one-offs. All of the stories feature animal characters in some way.
- How the Raccoon Got His Coat - An adaptation of a Seneca folktale depicting the wily Raccoon stealing treasure from Raven, and Raven's retribution in marking Raccoon as a thief.
- A Fine Day Out - A silent comic about a little lion exploring in the woods, and an encounter that results in an improbable confrontation.
- They Sit So Still - The closing monologue exerpted from the stage play K2, delivered by a dying mountain climber considering his mortality through a metaphor about albino glacier foxes.
- Inconsolable - A series of one-off gags about videogames.
- The Apex Predator - A series of silent comics about a large lion juxtaposed into typical housecat scenarios: tape on his paw, exploring paper bags, chasing a ball of yarn, and sleeping in the sun.
- In the Early Dark - A silent comic showing the hunting practices of monoceri.
- The Soldier and the Tsar - A Russian folktale, retold with rats.
- The Puppy who would be Pope - An adaptation of a poem by Morris Stegosaurus.
- Telstar - A little bunny goes to space, and doesn't make a friend.
The Dawn Chapel enjoyed increased attention following the popularity of the one-off Firefox has Crashed, and was profiled, interviewed, or reviewed by the following sources: