Template talk:Infobox website
From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
Methinks this template needs much more improvements before it should really be used.
- There's only one URL field, while many sites listed on WikiFur include URLs for the site, their forums, their RSS feed, etc.
- Author would be better replaced with staff - as is the wording used on website information across the site;
- Began/ended could be replaced with running dates;
- Genre seems vaguely (although not entirely) redundant, as such information can be found in the categories at the bottom of the page;
- Instead of image, logo would be more appropriate. This, in turn, would make caption redundant;
- As can be seen on Fur Affinity, content put into the box is small, cramped, and does not appear with correct formatting. It would be more appropriate to have the infobox occupy the same space (and possibly the same formatting) that website information currently does - leading to more uniformity and more room for the content to be displayed.
- I'd definitely like to see discussion on this template before putting it into use. I feel very strongly that infoboxes should be another way of presenting information, not the sole place of any particular information within an article. We have the * Address: / * Ran from/to: presentation that's served us for years, and I don't think sidelining that information into an info box is the way to go. -- Sine 08:35, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
- I usually put that type of thing in the space for "caption". --Atlantima 23:42, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
Administrator might be more accurate than Author. Genre seems not very useful. -- Sine 03:23, 16 February 2013 (EST)